rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

Thanks a ton for the update Rocket! I did want to ask, though, if you had a time frame on the female ghillie suit issue to be resolved. I know it's probably pretty low on the list as there are a lot of critical updates, but still I wanted to ask. I finally found one and it was the one time I decided to spawn as a female skin. Oh well.

Thanks!

Correct.

Launch Arma2 OA Beta. (Might have to go to Expansions, enable DayZ and restart).

And HOW do we launch the BETA through Steam?

NOTE: Dayzwiki instructions are nto clear enough for me...

"1: Download and install beta patch from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php (Latest patch is in the green field top of page)

2: If you are met with a "Password screen" then choose the top version on page (Not in the green field)

3: Go to the Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead directory (for example C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead) and right-click -> edit on .cmd file "_runA2CO_beta.cmd". Search for ":run" near the end of the file. Add ";@dayz" without quotes to "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca".

4: Run "_runA2CO_beta.cmd" and enjoy playing!

You may create a new shortcut to "_runA2CO_beta.cmd""

Steam version is not installed in that directory in the first place... and how to edit WHAT .cmd?...

So how do you launch / play the game if you are not using the SU or the SL? Via Steam?

I use steam yup!

Retail ARMA2, Steam Operation Arrowhead, Manual install of DAYZ and ARMA2 beta files

So how do you launch / play the game if you are not using the SU or the SL? Via Steam?

I use steam yup!

Retail ARMA2, Steam Operation Arrowhead, Manual install of DAYZ and ARMA2 beta files

Confirming the artifacts/glitches are still there.

On a hill above Novy Sobor, looked with regular zoom (right click) in 3rd person mode towards the warehouse and military tents and artifacts were there. Went to video options and changed memory size from Very High to Default and no more glitches.

Moved a few steps to the right and used binoculars about 3-5 times inspecting the city (mall, houses etc) then moved back to use binoculars on the military tents and artifacts were back. Changed video memory from Default back to Very High and artifacts were gone.

Now I can't be sure if I go all the way down to the tents I will see anything - all I could check so far is artifacts can be made to go away when they pop at a reasonable distance.

Video shows what I mean (once it's uploaded and processed, currently processing) ...

http://youtu.be/ctcm8Wv5A0M

radeon 4850 with 512 mb memory, q6600 4gb ddr2 , dayz 1.7.2.5 from torrent, game on beta 95417 , server on beta 95819

Additional testing on same server :

* As I re-joined the servers the glitches popped up all of the sudden when exiting the mall in stary sobor. It was fine for about 5 minutes while i got off the hill and into the mall to grab stuff. Changed memory size from default to very high, glitches went away

* The glitches popped up again simply by walking through buildings and looking through windows towards the tents after a few minutes of walking around - solved again by basically flushing the renderer by changing the memory size

* converting m1911 to revolver ammo and back gives you full ammo - so this is not fixed. other duping strategies probably still work, i didn't care to check.

* not 100% sure but I think the infected are basically deaf now when it comes to shots. Before you were guaranteed to get zombies on you when shooting primary weapons , now I shot with MP4A1 with stanag SD ammo (which is noisy to me and aggroed zeds before) but got no zombies chasing me.

* zombies still (but it seems like it's less often) aggro from 200-400 meters away simply when i'm going from crouched still to crouched running. Did too little walking around to see if they aggro properly due to being in line of sight or from walking across roads.

all settings on high or very high, 1920x1200 - usually got around 11-15 fps in the game in stary sobor (server had about 10 players on it) .

Changed video settings to grass/land : low or very low from very high, hdr : normal from high, shadows : low or normal from very high - got steady 30-35 fps through the tents and after leaving the tents area.

* was able to check all the tents in stary sobor. Very strange behavior with the tents - only 1 or 2 soldiers were spawned initially in the area there and could see no bodies, only their shadows on ground. As I got very close to the shadows (2-5 meters) soldiers would appear over the shadows. Ran into a tent and was over the three soldier shadows pressing Gear and then the soldiers spawned dead over the shadows.

* threw a smoke grenade green while i got out of the tents area - this is probably due to my video settings but VERY little smoke actually produced (just a few meters around the grenade). it attracted two soldiers I could easily shoot, the other didn't aggro when I shot the first a meter or so from him.

Video shows all the above ( tents at 0:50) :

http://youtu.be/i6Aa2YACFRM

PS : people asking above how to run the game

I don't use SixLauncher or DayzCommander.. I downloaded the script from : http://dayz.sykotix....client-install/

Extracted DayzBeta.cmd in the Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ and made a shortcut to it on the desktop...

Dayz goes in @DayZ\addons

When executed, the script automatically adds the parameters to the command line and starts the game.

When a new version is released, i just rename addons to addons_1.7.2.x or whatever the version was and create a new addons folder in which I copy the files from the torrent. This way I can go back to previous versions if need be simply by renaming the "addons" folder.

Edited by mariush
  • Like 3

Tried the build out went to NWAF and I got the graphic glitch at 2 places from very far away, not sure if it was caused barbedwire or not though. Also when I spwned in I had 0 humanity and the bandit hood and I couldn't see my bag on the back (only visual and I guess that is because the real skin covers it?). Then when I was running around I all of a sudden got into first person view and swapped to pistol (I didn't command this) and when I zoomed out to third person again the bandit hood was gone, I still had 0 humanity though.

Edited by Grodenn

Build Notes

HOTFIX : 8 AUGUST 2012

Affected addons:

* dayz_code 1.7.2.5

* dayz

* dayz_weapons

* dayz_equip

* dayz_anim

* dayz_sfx

* dayz_server (server admins only)

hey rocket, just wondering why the "latest changes" from the website differs from the op.

HOTFIX : 8 AUGUST 2012

Affected addons:

* dayz_code 1.7.2.5

* dayz_server (server admins only)

also, why is the only manual install file DayZ-1.7.2.5.rar at 95mb? where are the rest? i dont use torrents. had problems with them in the past.

Edited by sivart

Ok an update here.....

I was previously running "95819" arma2 beta with todays new dayz update... I had artifacts when I first joined a game at NW airfield. I went to main menu and then changed overall HIGH setting to MEDIUM and then back to HIGH (turning off AA and Vsync also). The artifacts where gone and the loading was very fast.

Then I relized I was running last nights arma2 beta and not todays one.. so I downloaded 95883 beta and installed it (Also moved the .exe that is under steam/arma2/expansion/beta and pasted it into the main folder replacing the original .exe for arma).

I then tried joining some of the 95883 servers and BAM Artifacst are back! So then I try going to the previous server I was in before and bam artiafacts are back! So I am thinking its the new ARMA2 beta.. but then I decided to go to MAIN MENU again and do the same thing with the graphics settings (Maybe you have to do thins after each time you update arma2 beta I thought).

Sure enough it worked! I then joined 4 servers from 95883 and the previous one I was playing on with 95819 and 2 others with that arma2 patch and they all worked! No artifacts are NW Airfield!!

Make sure you change you graphics settings at main menu after you update todays arma2 beta!

This worked for me not just with 95883 but also the previous one! 95819 *I joined servers that ran both those versions*

Hope that helps some people!! Worked for me so far with two different arma2 beat versions and also after I installed them both I had artifacts till i did that graphics change in menu.

doubled again

Edited by sivart

Make sure you change you graphics settings at main menu after you update todays arma2 beta!

Hum I'm gonna try that

Log out join a new game you will spawn on the coast.

I have now joined around 8-9 different servers, I have not respawned at the beach once!

So its not everyone having this issue

• Like 1

Wanted these bugs fixed by the weekend.

There is some undocumented changes also for the lulz

any chance you will reveal these in a few days for those of us who may not see some of these lulz

Hum I'm gonna try that

This worked for me and two other friends.

As I said above, not only with one arma2 beta or one server, but numerous servers on both the last TWO previous ARMA2 patches aswell. Same thing happened, glitches until I go to graphics menu and change the full setting.

All my friends that use Six Updater are having issues, myself and my other friends that update manually are working great.

Might be a SU issue

SU isn't updating to 1.7.2.5 yet

After 3-4 hours of testing since the 95883 beta was released, I cannot get the artifacts to show their ugly face again. Still, I'm highly reluctant to say that anything has been fixed, too. In between all of the nonsense in the thread, there have been a lot of quality testing posts, but everyone is having issues with one patch or another. At least we know one thing...it is NOT 100% free of graphical artifacts. ^_^

Look forward to the next hot fix...because there is no way Rocket will release 1.7.3 until this is resolved.

Edited by TyRobot
  • Like 1

Rocket, now listen very closely.

I have played this mod that you're giving away for free, and I have decided that for whatever reason I am entitled to criticise you for making it available to me for free. After all, if someone for instance drops... for instance some food on the ground and I pick it up and eat it, and break my tooth. I would immediately rush and complain to them, visit their facebook page and stalk them and tell them how stupid they are for dropping substandard sandwiches.

I also have decided to tell you that your mod, is bad. I thought for five minutes whilst playing and I already know that this game that you've spent every day for the better part of a half year developing is going in the wrong direction. The reason why is that I don't like when I die too often, and when I can't feel uber and have to walk around and stuff. It is really annoying, you should probably give everyone... no, that would be stupid, you should give ME all the cool toys and weapons, and that would totally not be the same thing like what those script-kiddies are doing currently.

Also Rocket, if you plan on continuing making this bad, free mod that I decided to pick up and complain about - I will make sure I will tell you how bad you are for doing so. Because I myself completely fail at life and have nothing better to do than complain about people that actually accomplished something, because I really am jealous, especially ESPECIALLY if you make money doing something that you like. Because I didn't, oh... I will now download one of the hacks and cheat at this game, because HAHA, you can't catch me.

you sir need an attituide change and perhaps need to realize this game is in ALPHA stage. and if you think this mod is absoultkey horrible thats fine, thats your choice. but hacking the game and ruining the game for other players who ENJOY this mod is simply unethical, of course, this demonstrates your complete lack there of.

Rocket, well done on your hard work and thanks for this amazing mod. cant wait for it to go standalone.

Well Done.

• Like 1

This worked for me and two other friends.

As I said above, not only with one arma2 beta or one server, but numerous servers on both the last TWO previous ARMA2 patches aswell. Same thing happened, glitches until I go to graphics menu and change the full setting.

It doesn't work for me. Glitches do disappear after changing the memory size but they show up a few minutes later, depending on how much I move around. I suspect it's just a question of filling up the video card's memory with data, as my card is just a Radeon 4850 with 512 MB of RAM and I use two monitors, so some memory is already in use.

Some people may not experience it so often as they probably have 1-2 GB of video memory.

As far as I know (but I may be wrong) the "Very high" setting in the video options restricts the video memory to 512 MB (it's a preset size) while the "Default" makes the game detect as much memory as the video card has. As my card has only 512 MB, by changing between memory sizes Very High and Default, I just purge the video card memory making the glitches disappear (probably because the textures are removed and not loaded right away after video is reset) and I can play until the textures are loaded back in card's memory.

Edited by mariush

There is some undocumented changes also for the lulz

If you now Alt F4 you have a bright red clown suit as a skin until you die.

• Like 4

you sir need an attituide change and perhaps need to realize this game is in ALPHA stage. and if you think this mod is absoultkey horrible thats fine, thats your choice. but hacking the game and ruining the game for other players who ENJOY this mod is simply unethical, of course, this demonstrates your complete lack there of.

Rocket, well done on your hard work and thanks for this amazing mod. cant wait for it to go standalone.

Well Done.

Dude....ever heard of sarcasm? Because the post you just quoted absolutely REEKS of it.

• Like 4

Is any one having problems updating? I try to update with dayz commander and six launcher they both do not work.

I am also having problems with this...