rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

Just played for 3 hours with the new patch. Had no artifacts at nwaf, everything seemed to be running smooth.

I'm not having artifacting anymore, but I am having that horrible flashing white light on your entire screen. Anyone know a fix for this? Has only happened post-patch today.

Changing to bandit skin, refilled all my mags.

The graphic glitches got better for me. They are like the old ones that were okay. Though, I only saw them on Lopatino which is an inoffical DayZ map. I like the update so far.

Dude...what time was wasted? Finding broken mechanics/code is the whole point. Getting frustrated over it in an alpha is beyond retarded, if you ask me.

Voicing one's opinion can be done without outrage, easily.

did you see the part where he mentioned he had to wait 3 hours to starve to death, due to being in the middle of the ocean thanks to a hacker? that would make me quite upset, too, and it's a valid reason to implement the respawn feature, i'd say.

and sure voicing ones opinion (or, more accurately in this cause, frustration) in a raging tone isn't the best way to do it, but being a douchebag to the guy probably isn't much better.

everything I'm about to say deals with my prior experience. I have not tested this patch:

the thing with the artifacts is they usually take time to show up. if I spawned near an area with them, I usually don't have them at all in that area. if I spawned somewhere else, and slowly made my way to an affected area, they would pop up

it seems it's gonna be hard to test if they're still there without playing for like 1hr+ on the same server, and visiting a few affected areas

yes, this. i've found that if i'm the first person to come across a military area, i won't see the artifacts. i'm guessing that when a person enters an area it spawns assets that were previously not there, and when you get some distance and come back it causes the artifacts. so i'd wait to see a server get heavily populated then do some running around to verify, because the conflicting reports so far are not really convincing me. really hope they are fixed though, and it's great to know

Dude...what time was wasted? Finding broken mechanics/code is the whole point. Getting frustrated over it in an alpha is beyond retarded, if you ask me.

Voicing one's opinion can be done without outrage, easily.

My criticism outlined a flaw and I did so in the face of people who clearly didn't see why it was wrong and they were defending it with little incite as to the type of problems this "fix" actually can cause. If discussion on a forum made for discussion bothers you, perhaps you should stop reading it and posting about how you dislike having to read views that oppose yours. It makes you look lost and incoherent.

I can confirm the graphical glitches ARE still present.

Updated our server to 1.7.2.5 + Hive 0.7.3

Updated Arma2 via Six Launcher

Updated DayZ via Rockets torrent post

I logged in and grabbed our clan chopper, flew around the NW Airfield for a few minutes with out any issues. I flew down south to our favorite refuel spot and spent 15 minutes refueling the chopper. Then flew down to Balota to check the other airfield/deer stands and that's when they hit.

Severe glitches after 25 minutes of play:

Balota Airfield/deer stands

Cherno

Pond north of Nizhonye

Berezino's army tents

Stary's army tents

and the NW Airfield (2nd time by)

On another note i have noticed a FPS increase with this current release of patches. I'm usually running 60-70 fps now I'm around 111-117 fps accept when i get close to the graphical anomalies i dip down in the 20-35 fps range. I am running max settings on a i7 2600k, 16gb ddr3, GTX680 and Arma is loaded on a Samsung 128gb SSD.

Zero artifacts here after downloading latest ARMA2 beta, todays DAYZ update and changing my graphics settings at main menu. Now zero glitches at Stary and NW Airfield (:

Try that and also make sure you have joined a server that runs the latest arma2 beta and latest dayz update.

done it all dude, i want my brown fidora

right my fave servers are all running 1.7.2.5

i launched sixlauncher and it updated but it seems i'm still not running .5.

anyone able and willing to help me out? I'd very much like to play

Still seeing the screen tearing at Balota. Everything has been changed to 1.7.2.5 and all drivers are update.

Radeon HD 6570

Windows Vista x64

8gb ddr3

9550 AMD Phenom Quad Core

right my fave servers are all running 1.7.2.5

i launched sixlauncher and it updated but it seems i'm still not running .5.

anyone able and willing to help me out? I'd very much like to play

I think as of now, the SU only updates the beta patch, and not this DayZ update

The Zed aggro-behaviour in this patch seems to be going in the right direction.

In the earlier builds when you went in the middle of a town with buddies and started to have some "good ol' mowing down the zeds" kind of fun, they were running/warping all over the place, plus the fps got real lousy if you got more than 1 buddy there with you. Now the zeds seem to run a bit slower and definitely more consistently in the direction of the player they're mad at, and you can actually help out your buddy with some well aimed shots.

Changelog:

* [FIXED] Ammunition amounts not loaded in properly (Now records used ammunition correctly)

Still not working. You still have unlimited ammo because your mags refill when reconnected.

• Like 1

Still getting artifacts after playing tonight, and also fps-lag. I don't know if it is because of the new beta patch of OA tho'.

Still no artifacts here at NW airfield again.

I have 4 friends who are having issues, they ALL are using Six Updater or what ever its called. My other 3 friends update manually without SIX and its working fine for them.

How many of you that are having issues are usign six updater?

anyone getting artefacts still

try turning Ambient Occlusion OFF in your graphics card settings

Yay. But why is this fix only for the weekend? I hope it doesn't increase thunderdome propability.

Used the Torrent to update, using ARMA2_OA_Build_95883.

Updated the files from the torrent, updated the beta, game version showing as 1.7.2.4

Did i miss a step?

Yay. But why is this fix only for the weekend? I hope it doesn't increase thunderdome propability.

My criticism outlined a flaw and I did so in the face of people who clearly didn't see why it was wrong and they were defending it with little incite as to the type of problems this "fix" actually can cause. If discussion on a forum made for discussion bothers you, perhaps you should stop reading it and posting about how you dislike having to read views that oppose yours. It makes you look lost and incoherent.

I think we have a misunderstanding here. It's not that we have opposing viewpoints and neither am I bothered with discussion per se.

Actually, I think you know quite well, what I was about. Just as I agree with your viewpoint of this peculiar mechanic being 'dumb'.

95819 (downloaded last night, didnt think there was a new one this morning hehe)

Looks like I am using the previous arma2 beta, going to try the newest one that went up today.

Going to see if the latest one from today works the same or not. Be back to tell my findings.