rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

Please fix the graphics issue , or roll back to the patch previous too the issue , we have been patient and waited for long enough , i know focus has moved to the stand alone , but please

Just wait, someone will come eventually.. I mean the map is only 200 km², eventually one of the other four players will stumble across that torso... Just kidding, log out and in again, if that doesn't help just leave your comp on and wait till you run out of water.

This topic should be called:

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 TROLLING Update.

I wonder about Rocket ability to make a standalone.

Mod was fun but there isn't many well done things - from technical side.

If standalone gonna be the same bugfest like this I really don't think that will be worth money.

You represent a large population of dayz players...

You don't seem to understand it's a mod, not a game, ie bugs are REALLY HARD TO FIX. Much harder than if you have access to the core engine, what dayz game will be.

Great job on disabling the respawn button! Very wise! Now what ?

-154k humanity. No wonder you chose to hide your name.

• Like 1

I can handle the hackers and respawning on the coast randomly but not the DAMN items getting lost in tents...

• Like 1

You represent a large population of dayz players...

You don't seem to understand it's a mod, not a game, ie bugs are REALLY HARD TO FIX. Much harder than if you have access to the core engine, what dayz game will be.

no, it IS game. what do you think a mod is? is a "mod"ified game, making a different game. its not a word processor or a mp3 player or real life, its a game-in alpha state. Edited by sivart

no, it IS game. what do you think a mod is? is a "mod"ified game, making a different game. its not a word processor or a mp3 player or real life, its a game-in alpha state.

No, it's still arma. Its not a different game. It's basically a different mission, with a bunch of custom scripts and models and animations etc. You don't seem to understand how arma works. It's different from a source engine mod. With source, you have a lot of freedom with the core engine. With arma, you have freedom with scripts and content, but as far as how the core engine behaves, you have no control, making it hard to fix problems. The DayZ GAME however will be a lot less buggy, be updated more frequently, and generally be smoother because rocket is editing the CORE ENGINE(getting rid of features that aren't needed, and reworking features to fix bugs), not overlaying scripts that adding some mechanics/putting in models.

• Like 1

Well, not being able to save my loot in a tent or vehicle is kind of ruining the game for me. There really is no strive for better when everything you own has to be kept on your person. There is no passion to go on loot runs and find new gear without tents. =\ I know its an "alpha" but how many attempts has Rocket made at fixing the tents now?

• Like 2

They likely aren't aware DayZ currently is in alpha. Most people see a cool game, download it and play it and expect it to work. I study business administration and if you look at case studies, only the very minority of people that have a problem complain, e.g. look on the forum. The vast majority just leaves if they aren't satisfied. And to them DayZ is a brand that they associate a negative bugged game with because they don't know what alpha stage means. I wouldn't underestimate this. Look at the people talking bad about the glitches at gamescom, they have no clue this stuff happens in alpha. People expect it to work. So if it doesn't, at least communicate with them, tell them (at best daily) with a short update on the forum, just one sentence, what the current progress is. Its your future buyers Rocket, not just alpha testers anymore. So I think waiting for weeks with bugs, not wasting a single sentence on the current state of the game, letting people live with not being able to play for days... You can do that in a free alpha mod, but if you don't want web 3.0 negative spreading reputation, communicate so people will understand.

maybe this is a good thing.. hardcore gamers will know what is happening and will play DayZ while the amateurs will leave..

and regarding money BI would lose with those players leaving - when the standalone is released and if it is a success, the amateurs will find out about it, the same way they did with the DayZ mod..

so i think there is no need to worry, as long as Rocket & Co follow their dream to make it happen

P.S. you are saying that most people don't check forums and then in the same message you ask for a daily progress update.. what for? they won't see it anyway.. I honestly think that the only reason we haven't hear anything from Rocket is because he was busy at gamescom.

P.P.S. when you download the mod it says "Alpha Version"

Edited by debiru

1.7.2.5:

- No items are being saved in tent, everything is lost after server restart

- No vehicle repairs are saved, everything is reset after server restart.

- Items stolen from tent will be back after server restart

- Backback is gone when going from banditskin back to normal skin

- ATV jumps in the air when passing a bridge

- Removed Barbwire/Tank contraptions are back after server restart

- Graphical glitches remain at the known locations (Balota / Cherno / NW Airfield / Berezino / Barb Wire)

- Motorcycle is auto-repaired when getting off and back on

- M1911/Revolver ammoclip can be refilled by converting

- Backpack dupes when useing a Ghilliesuit

Is there any news about the status on 1.7.2.6?

• Like 3

this game is death it seems, gg guys i'll be leaving untill they decide to do their task and show the players they actually can fix something without fucking the mod up

Any news on the tents/vehicles issues with this patch?

Really surprised to see it went official, we rolled back less than 6 hours of trying it. We won't apply it again until the vehicle saving is fixed.

We don't particularly want to be playing a game where all progress is rolled back every server reset.

If I have missed a thread addressing this, then apologies, but is this been looked into? I have not seen a response from the dev team in any of the relevant threads.

Rocket can you give us some info on this please?

• Like 3

Great job on disabling the respawn button! Very wise! Now what ?

Now he needs to disable the respawn button completely. SInce its not really disabled, you can still click "respawn" while on "character create" so nothings really changed.

Edited by Irenicus

Can anyone confirm if they are getting this problem im having with 1.7.2.5

With this new humanity system where your character will either get bandit head gear applied or taken off automatically..

Every time this happens my backpack just disappears from my inventory..

well fortunately that won't effect me, seeing as my humanity and killcounts get reset to zero every time I log in.

eh rocket bru. your mod's broken. again.

Seems that no-one cares about the new patches anymore due to focusing on the standalone, despite by alienating there core players no-one will play the standalone and will all be on WarZ..

Fun times.

Jeezzzz! ... Some of you guys really need to chill, Get a life, Go outside.

The last patch was only released 10 days ago, Give the guys a break. No dought they are working there butts off. They have already said they are working on the mod and the stand alone at the same time.

• Like 4

They likely aren't aware DayZ currently is in alpha. Most people see a cool game, download it and play it and expect it to work. I study business administration and if you look at case studies, only the very minority of people that have a problem complain, e.g. look on the forum. The vast majority just leaves if they aren't satisfied. And to them DayZ is a brand that they associate a negative bugged game with because they don't know what alpha stage means. I wouldn't underestimate this. Look at the people talking bad about the glitches at gamescom, they have no clue this stuff happens in alpha. People expect it to work. So if it doesn't, at least communicate with them, tell them (at best daily) with a short update on the forum, just one sentence, what the current progress is. Its your future buyers Rocket, not just alpha testers anymore. So I think waiting for weeks with bugs, not wasting a single sentence on the current state of the game, letting people live with not being able to play for days... You can do that in a free alpha mod, but if you don't want web 3.0 negative spreading reputation, communicate so people will understand.

I absolutly agree that they HAVE to keep the forums updated about what they are doing (or at least Rocket does) because right now I've no idea if there's any progress at all or not.

About people leaving I still think that they won't associate a MOD with a Standalone release. Many people may quit the game, but some people probably never even heard of DayZ as a mod and will learn about it when it is released / goes beta (on the new engine, standalone).

Also, if the dev team does things in a good way, a good portion of people who left by now will return as the game would've changed and be better than it is now. They REALLY have to screw things up to lose people AND not get new players. I think in 2-3 weeks the amount of total players went 150-200k up (from about ~900k to 1.1M), I've no idea about "active" players, but I'd expect them to go down since summer is coming to an end and school is starting.

PS: I'm studying business too and I'm aware that the vast majority of players don't even visit the forums.

Seems that no-one cares about the new patches anymore due to focusing on the standalone, despite by alienating there core players no-one will play the standalone and will all be on WarZ..

Fun times.

ROFL, you actually gonna play WarZ? pathetic game that will fail in every way.

How about some communication from the Dev team? We are left in the dark atm. This doesnt boost confidence in the team when the game goes stand-alone. If the communication is crappy then aswell it will be a waste of money. I am not gonna spend money on a game where the devs have problems communicating with the ommunity.

1.7.2.4 came out on 26th of July people are having grahpical glitches since this date, 8 august a so called hotfix which should have fixed the problem. Graphical glithces are still there almost a month further. Is this ever gonna get fixed?

Changing videosettings has no use, reinstall has no use, flushing has no use.

ROFL, you actually gonna play WarZ? pathetic game that will fail in every way.

Newsflash DayZ is failing. People are getting bored. Why do you think there are Lingor servers popping up. There is no goal in DayZ get your gear and then what?

At least WarZ has some goals to play toward to to keep it interesting.

Edited by Spookz0r