rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

Can people please confirm if this is the case for them?

Be SURE you updated ALL YOUR FILES.

This is very important. The closed test indicated that nobody who was experiencing graphical glitches before was with this update, so if that is not the case I need to know ASAP.

I get graphical glitches at Cherno, Berezino, the Stary Sobor military base, and all airfields. I am fully up to date with 1.7.2.5 and all files are installed correctly.

Edited by BrickHandsBill

I am also still receiving the same graphical artifacting as prepatch. These artifacts only start to appear after roughly 20 minutes of being on a server, and after having entered a new area on the map. They occur most heavily around areas with wire fencing, dead bodies, and tank traps. Fully up to date and running Radeon HD 4800

Flushing no longer seems to fix the issues, though a complete restart of the client does. Again, this restart will only buy another 20 minutes or so of game play before the artifacts kick up again. It seems like a memory leak, but that can't be right can it?

Edit:

I've tried every "fix" offered by other players via google and these forums. I've tweaked settings via Catalyst CC, as well as attempted full screen windowed mode, windowed mode, every resolution possible, to no avail.

Degrees of the artifacting may change, but the artifacts themselves and what causes them still remain. Tricky tricky.

Edited by Illiad

Had some graphic errors last night first time really bad, seen them odd times but nothing major before

Coming over hill towards Berzhino from hospital end all the usual planes of grey seemed to be emanating from the area to the right of the hospital but further away maybe the docks not sure.

Changed graphic settings one at a time to see what triggers it if anything

texture detail

video memory

anistropic

antialaising

etc

I generally run with most maxed out / because i can :P

But nothing significant from changing them some made it worse some a little better or changed the shapes that were visible or on zoom only

I couldnt seem to find a persistant one until my m8 who could see them as well crashed and he had to start arma all over again when he logged in next to me the glitches were gone for him but not me.

After i shutdown arma and reloaded i was good to go and never saw them again.

1st Gen Core I5 / SSD / 8GB / ATI Radeon HD 5800

Arma Beta 1.62.96015

DayZ 1.7.2.5

Hope this helps

Update

Last night same thing at Balota couldnt look at the curved hangers stopped reloaded game from ground up and still there..... bit did a purge and it was gone.

Other than zombies standing in fields for no reason and you could run straight through them and not trigger them.

And items not spawning when they should lots of absolutely empty buildings, nothing on the floor at all.

And my friend nearly dying when a deer stand attacked him :P

Cmon guys if you want to use this mod to give you info for the real game fine.. but use or acknowledge that the data has been given thats what pisses people off

We know people are going to trivial whinge but there are relevant posts in between that if im honest doesn't seem like anyone is bothering with.

I know Gamescom is on but surely rocket isnt the only team member in the team

People are dropping away now, ill be playing guild wars in a few days instead mainly because if you post n their forums about a bug someone will answer ( and yes ive been helping test the beta of that as well).

I will still buy full DayZ when it happens of course i will but will anyone listen then or is it going to be the same again??

Time will tell

chimeara, if they dont even listen now, honestly how can you expect them to listen at the full game then?

Not worth my cents if they dont even listen right now :<

most of the time i can just press

left shift + numpad- and write flush, most of the time, the artifacts are gone. but it works for me, don't know for everyone else... so just try it.

and you can also see this on this video:

left shift + numpad- and write flush, most of the time, the artifacts are gone. but it works for me, don't know for everyone else... so just try it.

and you can also see this on this video:

On my Server the Vehicles Dissapear to there Spawn Postion after restart. (Yes i saved!)

Players in 24 hours goes down rapidly. Now at 137k, probably decreasing by 5-10k daily even though new people try the game. If I were Rocket this would worry me, not because of the people that wait for the standalone and just pause. But the huge amount of people that don't read the forums, aren't as informed as we are and leave the game because they think "what is this piece of shit, I can't even play it, this company produces the most bugged games ever." These guys won't buy the full version because of that if you enrage them. I think it isn't important to cater of all the communities needs, but downgrading to a previous version so the graphical glitches disappear and giving server admins the right to ban hackers, even if this means a few good people getting banned from single servers could be the solution.

Edited by DieBrotmafia
  • Like 5

Dear Rocket,

My main problem is the fact I keep getting spawned at coastal areas as of update 1.7.2.5.

I only have to quit my game once and after logging in again it happens. I once were near NWAF and after having slept I woke up the next day, started up DayZ and spawned in the coast. I kept all my gear fortunately, but I lost my previous location.

Edited by Scratchz
  • Like 1

Players in 24 hours goes down rapidly. Now at 137k, probably decreasing by 5-10k daily even though new people try the game. If I were Rocket this would worry me, not because of the people that wait for the standalone and just pause. But the huge amount of people that don't read the forums, aren't as informed as we are and leave the game because they think "what is this piece of shit, I can't even play it, this company produces the most bugged games ever." These guys won't buy the full version because of that if you enrage them. I think it isn't important to cater of all the communities needs, but downgrading to a previous version so the graphical glitches disappear and giving server admins the right to ban hackers, even if this means a few good people getting banned from single servers could be the solution.

The guys who don't visit forums may see the standalone game as another game and don't give a F* about the mod we have right now. Maybe they aren't even aware that there will be a DayZ game.

Rocket should not be worried because people is leaving the alpha. He knows that there are bugs that can make you quit the mod and the problem with hackers/cheaters. But he also knows, better than any of us, how this mod will develop in future.

Issues I have with 1.7.2.5 running 95883 beta

Getting respawned at coast with all gear

Getting respawned at coast Stuck in ground and can't move, being killed because I asked friends to find me (several times) and still there on next respawn. ((had to revert to 1.7.2.4 then back to 1.7.2.5 to fix it)) But once I died I was back in the ground.

Vehicals and tents not saving they just keep returning to spawn location after being saved

Tents not saving gear

Graphical Glitches managed to lower all settings and now they do not appear as often.

So i've been running 1.7.2.4 on my server as this was most stable version to play.

9 frustrating dayz days

Please don't quote me saying it's an Alpha i've been playing for over 3 months and i know the score just adding my experience.

Edited by Snipes007
  • Like 2

The guys who don't visit forums may see the standalone game as another game and don't give a F* about the mod we have right now. Maybe they aren't even aware that there will be a DayZ game.

Rocket should not be worried because people is leaving the alpha. He knows that there are bugs that can make you quit the mod and the problem with hackers/cheaters. But he also knows, better than any of us, how this mod will develop in future.

how many buggy games came out and never get the players back? yes its an alpha, yes its without money. but we spend our time. some more communication would be nice.

I am hoping that warz (and other coming games) making pressure that rocket have to move faster with fixes/patches and communicate more, and that he is looking for a good meta or more corporate game .. running, eating, drinking is boring after some weeks ...

.....maybe read a few pages of this thread before posting. Every other damn post is this, this is not an original or groundbreaking fix. Your flushes and quick fixes DON'T WORK FOR EVERYONE. You are not the first person to post this, but for the love of god I hope you are the last.

I don't know, if it works for everyone. But for me [sHIFT] + [NUM -] then type flush works....

sry had to write it ;-)

PS: Since the new ARMA 2 Beta patch i have less artifact anyone else feel like this too?

Edited by friiky2

how many buggy games came out and never get the players back? yes its an alpha, yes its without money. but we spend our time. some more communication would be nice.

I am hoping that warz (and other coming games) making pressure that rocket have to move faster with fixes/patches and communicate more, and that he is looking for a good meta or more corporate game .. running, eating, drinking is boring after some weeks ...

Yes, a lot of games are released unfinished because of the pressure from the publishers. Rocket's already working for BIS and probably won't have too much pressure for a release, also being able to make his own game is his dream (that's what I understood from some interviews)

I've some faith on Rocket, unless he wants to screw up his own dream and release a bad, unfinished game.

Can you please look into the vehicule / tents issue? Everything gets reset to their previous 1.7.2.4 state after a server restart.

Can you please look into the vehicule / tents issue? Everything gets reset to their previous 1.7.2.4 state after a server restart.

this

1.7.2.5, beta 95883

Still have artifacting.

Your servant,

Weld

since the new arma II beta patch came out the artifacting didn't occur anymore at my machine, and the game had been unplayabale because of them in version .2.4. anbd now .2.5!! Maybe theres hope?

With my machine, flushing only makes the issue worse, and MUCH worse! Quitting the game and rejoining wokrs though, glitches DO NOT return for me, not even after 2 hours.

The main issues might just be the complete inaccesibility of vehicles in this version. Every server restart the vehicles return to their spawn. Makes finding them easy, but you need to find 4 tires, eninge block, fuel tank parts and scrap metal all over, plus the filling with the jerry cans. AND the tents do not save donkey-sh**! These issues are the gamebreakers, a hotfix would be cool! Also, Ammo in your backpack still returns to full clips after you join next time...so ammo is still plenty!

My Graphics data: Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 (GT200 GPU, 896 MB RAM, driver version nvlddmkm 7.15.11.8120 (ForceWare 181.20), for Win Vista 64bit (=my system)), directx etc. are up toi date, the driver is from 2009, because the generic drivers are generally not compatible with my monitor (will be fixed by getting a new graphics card...)). Maybe this info is of any use...I could post screeners, but I am too lazy for fraps...

Edited by Traveler

Issues I have with 1.7.2.5 running 95883 beta

Getting respawned at coast with all gear

Getting respawned at coast Stuck in ground and can't move, being killed because I asked friends to find me (several times) and still there on next respawn. ((had to revert to 1.7.2.4 then back to 1.7.2.5 to fix it)) But once I died I was back in the ground.

Vehicals and tents not saving they just keep returning to spawn location after being saved

Tents not saving gear

Graphical Glitches managed to lower all settings and now they do not appear as often.

So i've been running 1.7.2.4 on my server as this was most stable version to play.

9 frustrating dayz days

Please don't quote me saying it's an Alpha i've been playing for over 3 months and i know the score just adding my experience.

I haven't had this issue with getting sent back to the shore at all. are you sticking to 1.7.2.5 servers? I ask because it happened to my friend when he went from a .5 to .4 server

Has the problem vehicles despawning after restart been fixed?

Our server was one of those servers that didnt spawn vehicles because it was a newer server. There was a fix that was applied to spawn vehicles again..

However, every time the server restarted, we had find and fix our vehicles as if it was a new server..

We reverted to 1.7.2.4 to remedy this. We want to go back to 1.7.2.5, but dont want to have to go and find our vehicles every day.

SORRY IF THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN ANSWERED ALREADY, BUT THIS THREAD IS ALREADY 100+ PAGES.

Edited by UnarmedCiv

This topic should be called:

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 TROLLING Update.

I wonder about Rocket ability to make a standalone.

Mod was fun but there isn't many well done things - from technical side.

If standalone gonna be the same bugfest like this I really don't think that will be worth money.

• Like 4

They likely aren't aware DayZ currently is in alpha. Most people see a cool game, download it and play it and expect it to work. I study business administration and if you look at case studies, only the very minority of people that have a problem complain, e.g. look on the forum. The vast majority just leaves if they aren't satisfied. And to them DayZ is a brand that they associate a negative bugged game with because they don't know what alpha stage means. I wouldn't underestimate this. Look at the people talking bad about the glitches at gamescom, they have no clue this stuff happens in alpha. People expect it to work. So if it doesn't, at least communicate with them, tell them (at best daily) with a short update on the forum, just one sentence, what the current progress is. Its your future buyers Rocket, not just alpha testers anymore. So I think waiting for weeks with bugs, not wasting a single sentence on the current state of the game, letting people live with not being able to play for days... You can do that in a free alpha mod, but if you don't want web 3.0 negative spreading reputation, communicate so people will understand.

Edited by DieBrotmafia
  • Like 3

Great job on disabling the respawn button! Very wise! Now what ?

post-29978-0-42612100-1345414281_thumb.j

post-29978-0-66407100-1345414289_thumb.j

Edited by Roboserg
  • Like 2