rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

Six Launcher doesn't even have the update? They haven't released the update on Six Launcher yet so you HAVE TO update manually. Your just doing it wrong if you have to uninstall and reinstall.

So how should I have done it???

Six Launcher doesn't even have the update? They haven't released the update on Six Launcher yet so you HAVE TO update manually. Your just doing it wrong if you have to uninstall and reinstall.

no, he is actually right, six launcher will still interfer no matter what, if it has an update or not, it happened to me aswell but with a plus, it kept resetting the darn OA patch, this was with 2.4 though and 2.4 was installed and had been running fine and dandy then BAM, six launcher wanted to be boss and out the door it went.

And even though it doesnt happen for you, doesnt mean it wont happen to another person, its the same with artifacting actually, and all sorts of other stuff, punkbuster aswell, steam and so on.

Edited by Zyfer

I know how to manually install. And I did it correctly. But the game wasn't recognizing the update. Someone told me that SU might be interfering just by being on harDrive. It seemed like a longshot but I uninstalled SU and everything was fine after that. I'm not sure which posts you have been reading but thanks for telling me I'm doing it wrong and not offer any help. Well done. :)

I know how to manually install. And I did it correctly. But the game wasn't recognizing the update. Someone told me that SU might be interfering just by being on harDrive. It seemed like a longshot but I uninstalled SU and everything was fine after that. I'm not sure which posts you have been reading but thanks for telling me I'm doing it wrong and not offer any help. Well done. :)

if you have gone down the road where you uninstall all six programs and run the game through the beta launcher(or steam) your doing it right :D lol but yeah, i had the same problem and did the same and it works, this was back in 2.4 though but still.

Edited by Zyfer

Just thought I'd add my experiences on this terrific, and well tested patch.

Me and 3 clan members logged in. All except me spawned at the coastal spawn points. 2 AS50's deleted, SVD Camo deleted, and one whole backpack deleted. All artifacting points still giving artifacting.

Oh, and we're not even on 1.7.2.5. Nice.

So, you complain about an update, but you really don't even have the update?

EPIC FAIL!

• Like 2

No artifacts for me...but I have.....

A. successfully installed 1.7.2.5 update

B. successfully installed 95883 beta

C. Only have played on servers with the correct beta.

Also load times for me are super fast.

As have I and I run a server that is up to date. I still get the "artifacts".

• Like 1

So, you complain about an update, but you really don't even have the update?

EPIC FAIL!

He clearly implied that HE DID get the update, and that it didn't solve his or his friend's artifacting issues. That is why he says it's as if he never even applied a new patch, since it didn't fix the aforementioned graphical bugs. Like with me.

Edited by Jony_RocketInMyPocket

Still can't get into the game, I uninstalled Six Launcher, Updated the beta, Redownloaded the newest dayz patch.

I'm just going to assume that its not a problem on my end anymore.

Still can't get into the game, I uninstalled Six Launcher, Updated the beta, Redownloaded the newest dayz patch.

I'm just going to assume that its not a problem on my end anymore.

Did you look in program files to make sure there's no leftover six files or folders?

confirmed that the artifacting from the dead bodies are gone

I've had a different experience on my end. Artifacts were still showing up on Balota's airstrip from up the hill. I was able to reach the industrial building on the east side by proning backwards all the way down and this is what i saw;

http://cloud-2.steam...1E79A3BB5F5B32/

And if i turned my back to the pile of dead bodies, things went back to normal;

http://cloud-2.steam...3AC13E2090A3A8/

Beta patch 95883 & DZ torrent 1.7.2.5 manually installed. (Never used/Don't really care for six launcher or any other patching/launching tool)

• Like 1

As have I and I run a server that is up to date. I still get the "artifacts".

The only reason I posted that is because people come on here and make posts like....."glitches not fixed!!!"....without giving any details.

I know 100% some who thought they had updated to 1.7.2.5 indeed had not!! So it's important to give details so Rocket can isolate the problem.

Just saying "Artifacts still there" is pretty much useless. IMO :)

• Like 1

I've had a different experience on my end. Artifacts were still showing up on Balota's airstrip from up the hill. I was able to reach the industrial building on the east side by proning backwards all the way down and this is what i saw;

http://cloud-2.steam...1E79A3BB5F5B32/

And if i turned my back to the pile of dead bodies, things went back to normal;

http://cloud-2.steam...3AC13E2090A3A8/

Beta patch 95883 & DZ torrent 1.7.2.5 manually installed. (Never used/Don't really care for six launcher or any other patching/launching tool)

I second this.

I have 0 Humanity and I spawned with a Baklava (sp?) on. Im cool with that :)

Freudian slip I take it :) Baklava is this, I also would love a piece:

baklava-06.jpg

You probably mean balaclava:

balaclava004.jpg

Edited by madball
  • Like 4

Hotfix worked fine for me apart from one issue. Graphical artifacts got worse in Berezino

That is all everything else seems fine.

Well, it seemed like an improvement at first with the graphic problems. I was able to go into Stary and loot the tents no problem. But when we made it up to the NWAF. Everything went to hell. Granted it was better then last patch. I could actually go in a bit into the airfield until extreme issues. When I started having problems though, then it was worse then I have ever seen it. I tried all the common band aids, nothing seemed to work.

Graphical artifacts didn't disappear ( they are worse now ) in Balota near the utility hangars and Cherno ( i didn't check the other "Important" Cities ).

• Like 1

I installed last Beta patch 883,and it works fine with 1.7.2.5 patch. System memory is on default,no more graphical glitches on dead bodies and etc. In server lists it still shows 1.7.2.4 servers,how can i change it to see only 7.2.5 servers?

any idea when the patch is pushed on sixlauncher, I think alot of players think they have updated and havent.

Well, I finally updated to the newest (so far) beta (95883) and updated the mod, too. I did uninstall SixUpdater and just use the torrent. I didn't really use SU anyway, and this way seemed to go smoother.

So far, the only military area I've been by was NW Airfield, but no artifacts to speak of. I haven't encountered any with dead bodies so far either. Although, I guess that its not saying much for my part because I haven't had a problem with the artifacts in days. I think it got better for me when I changed Video Memory to "Default" a few days ago.

I've only played on one server so far. The first that I tried hung on the Loading screen. That still seems to vary server to server for me. I feel lucky (knock on wood) to not be having the same problems that others are.

Is it possible that some people installed the free version of ArmA and that is causing them to still see the artifacts after the update? I didn't think so, but it popped in my head, so I thought that I'd put it out there.

Now, bring on the 1.7.3! :D

Can people please confirm if this is the case for them?

Be SURE you updated ALL YOUR FILES.

This is very important. The closed test indicated that nobody who was experiencing graphical glitches before was with this update, so if that is not the case I need to know ASAP.

Looks like one of the lower LODs of the player barbed wire fence is still broken: http://imgur.com/a/S4cqC

Works fine up close, but screws up when I get further away.

The soldier bodies no longer cause artifacts and show up correctly.

Edited by W1N9Zr0

Still getting graphical glitches too when looking at the military tents in STARY SOBOR(could be the dead zombie bodies), Setting the memory usage to default don't help anymore, That's using the latest 95883 ARMA 2 beta patch.

arma2oa2012081108465994.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by ATOJAR

seems to work fine, but yet i couldnt test the artifact thing because i spawned at the beach with all my stuff.