rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

Went to the NWAF to test the artifacts, using 1.7.2.5 and Beta 95883, and i found no issues in there (i deleted my DayZ folder to update all the files from scratch).

I only tested there, but it seems the dead bodies on the floor are not causing the artifacts anymore, maybe it's something else (to the people that said that they're still having this issue).

Went to the NWAF to test the artifacts, using 1.7.2.5 and Beta 95883, and i found no issues in there (i deleted my DayZ folder to update all the files from scratch).

I only tested there, but it seems the dead bodies on the floor are not causing the artifacts anymore, maybe it's something else (to the people that said that they're still having this issue).

Someone above suggested it is now caused by tank traps.

* [FIXED] Graphical glitches with barbed wire (Rebinarized file should no longer produce graphical artifacts)

* [FIXED] Graphical glitches with dead bodies (Rebinarized file should no longer produce graphical artifacts)

1344579943404.gif

Thank you, sir. Thank you so much.

• Like 2

hey rocket, just wondering why the "latest changes" from the website differs from the op.

HOTFIX : 8 AUGUST 2012

Affected addons:

* dayz_code 1.7.2.5

* dayz_server (server admins only)

also, why is the only manual install file DayZ-1.7.2.5.rar at 95mb? where are the rest? i dont use torrents. had problems with them in the past.

ok i updated and found it was all packaged together. come on guys, if you are going to change things like installation procedure, dont be shy. SAY SOMETHING. then shit like this wont get asked and i wont look like an idiot. but i am still wondering about the differing changelogs...i know they are all in one, but info is good.

Edited by sivart

I'm confused, are we having an argument? I never denied the fact that there are people who aren't experiencing this problem ^_^ just that the problem still exists.

I am very tired right now so forgive me if I've got the wrong idea lol

My bad, no argument, just was trying to say that its working for some and not for others, sorry if it came out another way on the forum.

I know some are having issues with the graphics glitches still and some are not.

Okay, I took a week-long break from the game after being sniped, and figured it'd be a good time to jump back in and test the new update. After manually installing Arma2 beta patch 95883 and DayZ version 1.7.2.5, I jumped on two different servers with compatible versions and spawned in with a reasonably-geared character from about a month ago. Not complaining - just reporting. I don't mind a bit... :D

Someone above suggested it is now caused by tank traps.

mmmm, wonder what would happen if they took out the tank traps if some of these people would still have the issue.

Hope they are working on it for those still having issues.

My bad, no argument, just was trying to say that its working for some and not for others, sorry if it came out another way on the forum.

I know some are having issues with the graphics glitches still and some are not.

Cool cool ^_^ Sorry for jumping to the wrong conclusion, been a long day lol

Unfortunately, I am getting worse artefacts with this update than I was with the last one.

So has anyone got the update from six updater or six launcher yet?

Edited by Badwolf3500

Unfortunately, I am getting worse artefacts with this update than I was with the last one.

Yes by me also.

Six Updater was giving me issues a month ago with the new patches,etc.. so I just deleted that crap, nothign but problems for me when it comes to DAYZ.

All I do is update arma2 beta and dayz updates manually (put the days files in the @dayz folder under steam/arma2/etc.. and then for arma2 beta after I install the exe I move the ao2.exe file from steam/arma2/expansion/beta and paste it into the main arma2 folder and replace it).

For my launch info I have it as "-mod=@dayz -nosplash"

You must have six updater fully uninstalled though or else it still says the wrong version.

With the steps above it says the newest version,etc... and works fine when joining the servers.

Me and 4 of my friends on steam who DONT have Six Updater are playing fine after updating manually. My other friends (around 10 or 12 of them) who use six updater are not able to join any of the newest update servers and it still says 1.7.2.4

For me and my other friedns not using SU it says 1.7.2.5

Thanks...that worked

So has anyone got the update from six updater or six launcher yet?

it's still using 1.7.2.4

probably because 1.7.2.5 hasn't been confirmed to fix the artifacts issue

Edited by daze23

So can anyone help with the infinite loading screen? Help please. I didn't manually download, I did it automatically through Worrom's Updater.

I updated to 1.7.2.5 and 95833 both server side and client side and I can not connect to my sever I get connection failed.

I know this have been suggested before but please guys, if you're getting artifacts take a screenshot.

If you're not using Steam, just put the game in window mode so you can use the print screen button.

Maybe it can help if they can actually see the picture.

I'm getting more graphical glitches than in 1.7.2.4 and there are some really weird and creepy ones among them.

This screenshot was made in a residential building in Cherno:

http://imageshack.us/f/805/arma2oa2012081101253599.jpg/

And these were made near Balota airfield:

http://imageshack.us/f/195/arma2oa2012081100201660.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/193/arma2oa2012081100210725.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/849/arma2oa2012081100202208.jpg/

This strange formation in the center of last screenshot seemed to perform an animation (sorry, no video) which looked like the movement of vegetation in the wind. Maybe trees or bushes are causing some of these glitches?

However, I found out that alt-tabbing to desktop and returning to the game solves the problem for the current area of the map. Flushing the graphics memory and changing AA und graphics memory options did not help.

My specs (laptop):

Win 7 x64 Home

Core i3 2310M @2,1 Ghz

8 GB RAM

ATI Radeon 6770M, 1 GB

Arma 2 beta: 95883

• Like 1

You've forgot to fix the tank traps. They were causing glitches, too.

ah and why? because it's fun to spawn 4 times in a row in kamenka only to run to zombies and to kill yourself? Oh yeah that's fun. Really. It's fun to walk from kamenka to solnichny, when I died there or if my mates are there. It couldn't be better. And fact is, it's the same system and with no respawn button the servers are even more loaded because I spawn zombies and loot everytime I run to them only to get killed so stfu moron.

You seem pretty butt hurt.

The hotfix ate my iteams =S everything seems fine other than that, I left the game by elektro's damn, spawned by cherno's coast, without anything and shaking, i was still wearing my ghillie, other than that not even bandages. Does this happen to anyone else?

• Like 1

I'm still getting the graphical problems. Near Green Mountain:

http://cloud.steampo...AA128C0AB4D955/

http://cloud.steampo...BB77FD3F1BABE4/

http://cloud.steampo...E8C7E565B93C61/

The game is running super smooth though and my FPS is awesome. I play on Very High settings. Setup is:

i 2500k

460 GTX

SSD

8GB RAM

***So after spawning back in with the VIdeo Memory in Video Settings set on Default they are completely gone. I had it set on Very High originally. Seems to be fixed with it on Default.***

Edited by dawson1488
  • Like 1

The hotfix ate my iteams =S everything seems fine other than that, I left the game by elektro's damn, spawned by cherno's coast, without anything and shaking, i was still wearing my ghillie, other than that not even bandages. Does this happen to anyone else?

I spawned at Cherno's coast too, but I had my stuff