Sign in to follow this  
Addep

KILLING ON FIRST SIGHT

I love to role play "that survivor", ya know the one that extends a helping hand to those on the coast, to help them get started, and maybe bring them into the fold and let them join the group. The whole KOS thing has made that a bit more challenging than in the beginning, where it wasnt uncommon to run into a half dozen players between Electro and Cherno that would either out right salute, or lean side to side as you passed by.

That said, once your group gets to a good size, say 20 plus members that play every night... what is the benefit of helping coastal spawns, and are they not a serious potential threat to you and your group the second they get a gun? Im torn. Im at a point in the game where helping people seems pointless.... more pointless than killing them on sight. Unfortunately, its just not in my nature to indiscriminately kill an un armed, or poorly armed player if he is not aware of my presence, and i know deep down inside, that will someday get me killed.

• Like 1

So you think you are playing a game where you are part of the game as a man who shall stop everyone from playing the game?

It's been a while since I could feel the anger pouring out of another person's text. You are so mad right now.

Who cares how often this topic came up! It only goes to show that people still have problems with it. And I agree totally with Addep. However I ll continue being a good player, because sometimes you meet people who think likewise and that is also quite rewarding. Feels good!

Thanks. I'm trying to do that as well. But I hate the fact that 10 times to 1, you are failing. And the time spent for doing so, is not making either one of us happy.

So you think you are playing a game where you are part of the game as a man who shall stop everyone from playing the game?

I suggest you re-read the quotes in my post.

I'm sure you saw it. Are you too afraid or even unable to put up an argument to it?

al;dgjkkl;ajdflkj RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. WHY DO YOU FUCKING SHOOT ME?!?!?!?!

This is rather tedious.

Addep, First off, I have you know you're calling us all kids. When in fact your responses, are coming off as if you're around the age range of 10-15.

This is rather annoying for myself, and others included. The forum has a "READ THIS BEFORE YOU MAKE A THREAD" Thread created, to stop this smut from being posted time and time again.

Every day we see 1-5 posts/threads regarding people dieing in a game about survival. I don't see your point. A game has to have a way to win, and a way to lose. Would it not be justified to say your a winner when you survive? and a Loser when you Die?

I hope you agree with me on that point, because then I can finish off by saying, so you lost, Big deal! Get back in the game and try again. Maybe with experience you can become the person on the other end of the bullet. Maybe you can use your skills to help people in the position you're in today to survive and triumph over people killing noobies.

The fact of the matter is, this game is a direct realization into the human psyche. Some people will kill others on sight in a Zombie apocalypse. It is how human's work. Obviously we cannot justify it as of course we have never been in a real life zombie apocalypse. but it can only be imagined this is going to be common. Rocket wont change it, as he has stated multiple times he likes it this way, as it shows how Humans really are. "An Anti-Game".

Good luck, Happy Dying, and Happy learning. Its a steep learning curve.

Deal with it.

-Silo

• Like 1

It's been a while since I could feel the anger pouring out of another person's text. You are so mad right now.

Yes I am. And No I'm not. I can't believe how people in this forum write to each other. This forum is a place where everyone rages and flames and whines about every little shit that happens to them. Just like I have just done. It's like a compund where the internets trashtalkers finally have set ground.

Yes I am. And No I'm not. I can't believe how people in this forum write to each other. This forum is a place where everyone rages and flames and whines about every little shit that happens to them. Just like I have just done. It's like a compund where the internets trashtalkers finally have set ground.

I feel as if you just made fun of yourself without even knowing it. I am rather amused.

Go on :)

-Silo

Yes this is a problem BUT, and I know this from experience, if you try to use direct chatt or voice to say your friendly (if you even have the time to say F) you have mostly at the highest 5% to survive. Most people are paranoid and so am I. I don't like to kill, I don't do it for the loot either only to survive in this game and save my friends. If I die I can't protect them either. Most times you need to shoot first or get killed so yes, I shoot most of the times. I don't go hunting survivors though like many others do.

It's almost impossible to change this world into peace and its the same in the real world (thank God not everyone in the real world have a weapon). Yesterday my brother and I was playing. We were in Cherno in almost total darkness and rain. My brother saw a survivor and he shot on sight, I would have done the same to save him and me. We found out that this poor guy didn't even have a weapon nor any good stuff on him. I was sorry for him but also I was glad that he didn't loose anything important and can start over to hit Cherno again.

When people have good stuff I recomend to stay out of dangerous spots and try to survive outside. They who still wan't to hit the dangerous spots, take the risk and deal with it.

• Like 1

Thanks. I'm trying to do that as well. But I hate the fact that 10 times to 1, you are failing. And the time spent for doing so, is not making either one of us happy.

Exactly. It' s the feeling of having wasted time that puts this great mod' s future at risk.

Wait a minute, are we being trolled?

I don't think so - I think English confuses and angers him as much as we do.

-MONSTER

• Like 1

If you know that works like that, kill on sight, why are you in the open? why you get mad when getting killed?

And no i don't kill on sight, unless necessary. But i don't cry either when getting killed.

I only hate the alt+f4ers bandit wannabes that throng the servers. They shoot you in the back and then they alt+4 if you return fire.

Exactly. It' s the feeling of having wasted time that puts this great mod' s future at risk.

Umm that's actually my point for why the mod is so great. After you've put a week into a profile and you have a bunch of good gear...and bullets start zipping by your head...The adrenaline rush is amazing, and I have very rarely had that on a regular basis in a video game.

And I think you guys just have proven that this thread, Is a compound of internet trashtalkers.

Fun Trolz Guys

Smart Wise Guys

Look At Me Guys

Logically Explanation Guys

World Peace Guys

More Raging Kids.

The audience is spectacular when a raging kid appears.

edit: on two pages.

Edited by Addep

If you know that works like that, kill on sight, why are you in the open? why you get mad when getting killed?

And no i don't kill on sight, unless necessary. But i don't cry either when getting killed.

I only hate the alt+f4ers bandit wannabes that throng the servers. They shoot you in the back and then they alt+4 if you return fire.

I think the discussion is not about getting killed in a fight, but rather senseless killing, as the example of this thread shows.

What about girls? I bet there are tons of girls in this thread also. It's a statistical probability, I checked.

• Like 2

Then why aren't there any women zombies?

What's the statistical probability for that? Check it.

And I think you guys just have proven that this thread, Is a compound of internet trashtalkers.

Fun Trolz Guys

Smart Wise Guys

Look At Me Guys

Logically Explanation Guys

World Peace Guys

More Raging Kids.

The audience is spectacular when a raging kid appears.

edit: on two pages.

Wait.. What were you again?

I thought you were just raging about dying a lot?

I feel like this thread is going no where, You state things in a "rage" matter-of-fact.

and now your bashing yourself for us : )

Again, Go on

-Silo

• Like 1

Step 1: Be friendly and get shot

Step 2: Kill on sight

Step 3: Be friendly and ensure not to get shot.

I am at step 3 yeaaah!

HAHAHA WE ARE HAVING SO MUCH FUN!?!??!!!!!

Yes this is a whinepost. But also a post where u can reflect on what the fuck you are doing inside this mod. It is the point to survive, make friends, and take on ENEMIES (people who are a threat to your well being). What good does it do you to kill a random survivor who just came out of komarovo, surviving an attack of 20 zombies with 35 hp.

If you are playing dayz to kill everyone you see. You will have a better time of in the ORIGINAL game, ARMA 2.

I'm sick and tired of this community and the people who plays this mod.

Get over it. If you wanna be a carebear, go ahead. The point of the mod is whatever we make it. Me? I wanna get good loot and survive. Letting players live gives them opportunities to take my loot and/or my life. If you think everyone else should play the game the way YOU want, then go get some friends and play with them, and have fun getting owned by every squad out there, because they all KoS.

I think the discussion is not about getting killed in a fight, but rather senseless killing, as the example of this thread shows.

Well the impression i have is that most of the kill on sighters are also dcers, when the bullets fly their way. You know, keep your gear and so on...

It's my experience, i'm not saying i'm 100% right but what i perceive is that besides killing on sight most of the people tend to disconnect in "sticky situations". And as I said, the first i can live with, the second i hate.

"The point of this mod is ..." just goes right out the window to any experienced player, and I'll tell you why. I am being teleported (generally to my death), or being teleported to (to be shot), on average, once every 6 to 12 hours of actual playing - this from far too many randomly chosen servers (save for having a good ping and not being really full) to be able to believe that just a few are vulnerable.

So... the hours and days spent collecting loot, time after time, were all in vain.

If, then, we are to 'play' and have fun with the game, the only option that doesn't waste time, but that makes sense, at this point it to gear up minimally (i.e. a pistol or a gun) and hunt other players (always armed ones) before our next teleportation and loss of all our hard-earned stuff.

OP, you and I both know this mod could be about so much more, but the current state of affairs, being based off of Arma II (which really has about no PvP these days anyway) is just a fail-fest of dashed hopes and dreams. The mod or game you're looking for will come out eventually (maybe not by DayZ if Rocket sticks with Arma III and it turns out to be just as hackable), but the reality is that this just isn't it.

Edited by Corbon HydraShock