Pentix

US 561 Admin Abuse

-US 561

-EST

-aug 9th at 9am

-DJinGA

-server banned everyone that is not in there clan

-proof is he said it himself on his clan's forums.

http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1323745&page=127

"Hacker on our server spawning helicopters and killing everyone. Don't log into it for now."

"Try to get screenshots of who's on when you abort during a hack."

"At this point we should take screenshots and ban anyone who isn't one of us."

"That's pretty much what I'm doing."

"Another 24 banned."

• Like 1

If you got banned from the server, you got caught scripting shit in.

When people hack on the server they start kicking people who aren't on TS until the hacking stops. When the hacking stops we pretty much have a good idea who it was hacking, then checking the logs confirms it.

You don't get banned for no reason.

I also like how my server report threads are never moderated.

-US 561

-EST

-aug 9th at 9am

-DJinGA

http://www.ar15.com/...323745&page=127

"Hacker on our server spawning helicopters and killing everyone. Don't log into it for now."

"Another 24 banned."

As soon as better anti-hacking / hacking detection / server admin tools are implemented, I'll improve my aim.

i see you guys found my thread.

@ jatobi, i dont understand half of what you're saying. i get the admin bans people that script and i know there were hackers on the server but it wasnt me.

@ drbutts, there was people with clan tags playing. and why is it 50+ pages when i linked page 172?

@ frostbite i agree, that's a good thing to do.

@ deadmeat......soooo.. you're just going to ban everyone for now? (when there's hacking)

i see you guys found my thread.

@ jatobi, i dont understand half of what you're saying. i get the admin bans people that script and i know there were hackers on the server but it wasnt me.

@ drbutts, there was people with clan tags playing. and why is it 50+ pages when i linked page 172?

@ frostbite i agree, that's a good thing to do.

@ deadmeat......soooo.. you're just going to ban everyone for now? (when there's hacking)

When I receive word of hacks in progress, if the cheater is obvious they'll get a singular ban. If that's not possible, every unknown account will receive one until I can sort through the logs. Its simply the fastest way to restore the server to running. If you read any of that thread on arfcom, right after you linked post you will have read where I unlocked everyone who said they were accidentally locked still. You could have done the same. You could have asked here. You chose instead to report abuse where there is none.

When I receive word of hacks in progress, if the cheater is obvious they'll get a singular ban. If that's not possible, every unknown account will receive one until I can sort through the logs. Its simply the fastest way to restore the server to running. If you read any of that thread on arfcom, right after you linked post you will have read where I unlocked everyone who said they were accidentally locked still. You could have done the same. You could have asked here. You chose instead to report abuse where there is none.

So you do not think kicking everyone you do not know off the server isn't abuse????

Hell, I would say that shutting the server down until you can look through the logs is a better remedy than booting everyone that is unknown to you.

Edited by AADiC
  • Like 1

-US 561

-EST

-aug 9th at 9am

-DJinGA

http://www.ar15.com/...323745&page=127

"Another 24 banned."

Do you work for CNN? You'd make a good intern seeing as though you only report half the story.

As has been mentioned, there were multiple cheaters and due to Rocket in his infinite wisdom, you cannot tell who kills who or who does what so you can figure out who the cheaters are. It was the only way to keep it under control without completely shutting down the server for an indefinite period of time. You make it look like he was just banning people for no reason and for his own benefit (keeping non clan people off the server) which couldn't be farther from the truth.

Here's what gets me. If you don't like it, BUY YOUR OWN SERVER. I have never seen a bigger bunch of entitled babies in my life than people on these forums and in DayZ videos that complain about admins on the servers that the admins pay for because they think some guidelines/rules that Rocket supercedes the server admin's rights. I'm surprised people don't complain when servers disappear.

I can see it now - "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ADMINXXX STOPPED PAYING FOR HIS SERVER AND IT'S GONE! I DEMAND HE CONTINUE PAYING FOR IT!"

Edited by Alien1099
  • Like 1

Do you work for CNN? You'd make a good intern seeing as though you only report half the story.

As has been mentioned, there were multiple cheaters and due to Rocket in his infinite wisdom, you cannot tell who kills who or who does what so you can figure out who the cheaters are. It was the only way to keep it under control without completely shutting down the server for an indefinite period of time. You make it look like he was just banning people for no reason and for his own benefit (keeping non clan people off the server) which couldn't be farther from the truth.

Here's what gets me. If you don't like it, BUY YOUR OWN SERVER. I have never seen a bigger bunch of entitled babies in my life than people on these forums and in DayZ videos that complain about admins on the servers that the admins pay for because they think some guidelines/rules that Rocket supercedes the server admin's rights. I'm surprised people don't complain when servers disappear.

I can see it now - "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ADMINXXX STOPPED PAYING FOR HIS SERVER AND IT'S GONE! I DEMAND HE CONTINUE PAYING FOR IT!"

Ironic, you claim players have a sense of entitlement, and your post screams I am a SA, so I am entitled to do what I want, screw following the rules.

• Like 3

Stop crying. The server does not follow the rules, simple as that. If you want to play alone and ban everybody that isn't one of yours, you will have to get your own hive.

Please blacklist this shit. Cocky server admins everywhere.

Edited by Takas

So you do not think kicking everyone you do not know off the server isn't abuse????

No?

I fail to see the value in kicking those subject to hacking while looking for the hackers. Feel free to use whatever technique works for you on your server. Oh, wait...

Hell, I would say that shutting the server down until you can look through the logs is a better remedy than booting everyone that is unknown to you.

Luckily, your opinion is irrelevant.

Stop crying. The server does not follow the rules, simple as that. If you want to play alone and ban everybody that isn't one of yours, you will have to get your own hive.

Please blacklist this shit. Cocky server admins everywhere.

Your tears are delicious to me.

• Like 1

No?

I fail to see the value in kicking those subject to hacking while looking for the hackers. Feel free to use whatever technique works for you on your server. Oh, wait...

Luckily, your opinion is irrelevant.

What do you define an unknown account as? Is it everyone that isn't on TS with you, or is it everyone that isn't in your clan or a friend of yours? So, if someone doesn't fit into your category of "known" they are automatically a hacker. Kick/banning everyone off a server while you spend time sifting through logs is abuse, and if Community Support ever sees this thread I imagine they will agree. We can only hope that they do, so that you can be told to stop or lose your server.

Oh yah, no tears from me, and none from Takas either. What's going to be delicious is your rage when your server gets blacklisted for obvious violations of the rules.

Ironic, you claim players have a sense of entitlement, and your post screams I am a SA, so I am entitled to do what I want, screw following the rules.

No, I live in a land called reality where we understand that we play on other peoples' servers at their expense. In a way I consider it their property and this whole stranglehold grip that Rocket tries to keep on the DayZ mod whereby he tries to dictate how people run the servers that they pay for that promote the game that they make money off of is a completely new and ridiculous concept to me when it comes to PC gaming.

I have honestly never seen a bigger bunch of crybabies with such a sense of entitlement in my entire life.

Edited by Alien1099

What do you define an unknown account as? Is it everyone that isn't on TS with you, or is it everyone that isn't in your clan or a friend of yours? So, if someone doesn't fit into your category of "known" they are automatically a hacker. Kick/banning everyone off a server while you spend time sifting through logs is abuse, and if Community Support ever sees this thread I imagine they will agree. We can only hope that they do, so that you can be told to stop or lose your server.

Oh yah, no tears from me, and none from Takas either. What's going to be delicious is your rage when your server gets blacklisted for obvious violations of the rules.

I'll tell you what abuse is. It's reading your drivel on these forums. I'm gonna run tattle to the forums and admins because I don't like how somebody is handling the out of control cheating issues when they crop up on the server they pay for. Here's my question. WHY do you care? If somebody was inadvertantly banned they can contact the server admin if they care so much and get him to remove it. Otherwise they could go play on any number of other servers out there.

It's not like this is a regular thing. Random people are on the server all the time. It was a single event where somebody or a group of people were making the server unplayable with their scripts and cheats. He knew one or more of the people on at the time was the problem. Personally I blame the devs for not showing more specificity when somebody dies instead of "XXXXX has died" or providing an easier way for an admin to be able to tell what somebody is doing.

Edited by Alien1099

No, I live in a land called reality where we understand that we play on other peoples' servers at their expense. In a way I consider it their property and this whole stranglehold grip that Rocket tries to keep on the DayZ mod whereby he tries to dictate how people run the servers that they pay for that promote the game that they make money off of is a completely new and ridiculous concept to me when it comes to PC gaming.

I have honestly never seen a bigger bunch of crybabies with such a sense of entitlement in my entire life.

I'll tell you what abuse is. It's reading your drivel on these forums. I'm gonna run tattle to the forums and admins because I don't like how somebody is handling the out of control cheating issues when they crop up on the server they pay for. Here's my question. WHY do you care? If somebody was inadvertantly banned they can contact the server admin if they care so much and get him to remove it. Otherwise they could go play on any number of other servers out there.

It's not like this is a regular thing. Random people are on the server all the time. It was a single event where somebody or a group of people were making the server unplayable with their scripts and cheats. He knew one or more of the people on at the time was the problem. Personally I blame the devs for not showing more specificity when somebody dies instead of "XXXXX has died" or providing an easier way for an admin to be able to tell what somebody is doing.

Kick/banning everyone except for your friends is a shitty way to run a server, period. There should be complaints if the SA is as heavy handed as this guy is. Probably more people are pissed and just do not know where to complain about it.

Yep, you are right " a bigger bunch of crybabies with such a sense of entitlement in my entire life", this SA is one of them.

• Like 3

Kick/banning everyone except for your friends is a shitty way to run a server, period. There should be complaints if the SA is as heavy handed as this guy is. Probably more people are pissed and just do not know where to complain about it.

Yep, you are right " a bigger bunch of crybabies with such a sense of entitlement in my entire life", this SA is one of them.

How about this, go get your own server, run it however the heck you please. Many admins do this as a hobby outside of their career / families / etc, and pay costs out of their own pocket. Way too much damn grief in this thread directed toward the admin for attempting to sort out trolls and hackers from the game environment.

Give it a rest <_<

How about this, go get your own server, run it however the heck you please. Many admins do this as a hobby outside of their career / families / etc, and pay costs out of their own pocket. Way too much damn grief in this thread directed toward the admin for attempting to sort out trolls and hackers from the game environment.

Give it a rest <_<

I do.

There are a lot better ways to sort things out then kick/banning everyone off the server.

I am not happy with the rules either, in fact I don't always follow them to the letter, but this is way outside the lines.

But trying to talk to some people is like talking to a wall, so I'm done.

Edited by AADiC

No players playing > some players playing while I go blind on server logs. I like your style, you should apply at Blizzard.

I fail to see the value in kicking those subject to hacking while looking for the hackers.

Kick/banning everyone except for your friends is a shitty way to run a server, period.

Reading not your strength, eh? That's okay, I'm not a stone faced killah.

Rage on, brah.

Reading not your strength, eh? That's okay, I'm not a stone faced killah.

Rage on, brah.

What's a brah?

And where do you see any rage? Nice try baiting me though.

When I receive word of hacks in progress, if the cheater is obvious they'll get a singular ban. If that's not possible, every unknown account will receive one until I can sort through the logs.

Now, that says anyone on the server that you do not know gets a ban.