Pentix

US 561 Admin Abuse

Kick/banning everyone except for your friends is a shitty way to run a server, period.

Now, that says anyone on the server that you do not know gets a ban.

First, you incorrectly assume that the only accounts I know about are friends. Ask any server admin, and I guarantee they are familiar with their regular players - friends or not.

Second, please explain to two of my friends that they didn't really get a temp lock while "mortal kombat" was going on last week. Cause, you know, I don't lock my friends.

Please stop bickering. It is extremely unprofessional.

Here is the post describing the server ruleset -> http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/62195-server-hosting-rules/

Note, when you purchase/rent/lease a server you enter into a contract/agreement to the posted ruleset.

If you do not follow said ruleset, you will lose your server.

Also note - blacklisting proceedings have already been approved for this server. Expect it to be gone in a couple of days.

Have a nice day.

Stop crying. The server does not follow the rules, simple as that. If you want to play alone and ban everybody that isn't one of yours, you will have to get your own hive.

Please blacklist this shit. Cocky server admins everywhere.

HAHA! An admin tries to ban hackers and gets a few innocents along the way. And you want the server blacklisted. If rocket starts blacklisting servers for this, I hope everyone stops paying for servers so crybabies like yourself cannot find a server to play on.

Kick/banning everyone except for your friends is a shitty way to run a server, period. There should be complaints if the SA is as heavy handed as this guy is. Probably more people are pissed and just do not know where to complain about it.

Yep, you are right " a bigger bunch of crybabies with such a sense of entitlement in my entire life", this SA is one of them.

You are either completely stupid with no grasp of the situation or you are intentionally ignoring everything you have been told so you can try to continue crying and arguing your ridiculous position on a matter which has no bearing on you about how the admin isn't following the rules regarding bans. I'm going to go with the latter since nobody could be that stupid.

For the last time he doesn't ban anybody at random. He banned several people he didn't know when there was a problem with cheaters and script kiddies on the server in one or two isolated instances. Yet all you want to do is keep saying banning random people is wrong. That's like somebody repeatedly telling you killing people is wrong when the guy you just killed tried to murder you first. Yeah killing people is usually wrong, but it's justified when it means saving your own life from a murderer.

Edited by Alien1099

FYI US 561 has been unplayable for the past 1-2 weeks because of all the hacking, so now you guys are all mad that the admin is trying to take back control of a server he is paying for. :huh:

They are like Michelle Obama telling the olympian how to eat. They know what's best for him.

You work out all day and you ate a mcmuffin! You gunna get fat!

Here is the post describing the server ruleset -> http://dayzmod.com/f...-hosting-rules/

Note, when you purchase/rent/lease a server you enter into a contract/agreement to the posted ruleset.

Feel free to point out our specific violation.

Also note - blacklisting proceedings have already been approved for this server. Expect it to be gone in a couple of days.

Have a nice day.

Can't read the dev/mod title under your name. Could you change the color so its visible?

Feel free to point out our specific violation.

Can't read the dev/mod title under your name. Could you change the color so its visible?

Here, let me help you.

Approved

Here is the post describing the server ruleset -> http://dayzmod.com/f...-hosting-rules/

Have a nice day.

Ped, you are both a moron and an idiot at the same time.

No proceedings have been approved. This forum is a moderated forum, when Legacy said "Approved" he was talking about the thread being approved for view on this forum. Legacy also has no say so whether or not a "blacklist proceedings" goes forward or not, he is a forum moderator/admin, not a DayZ staff member.

If you got banned from the server, you got caught scripting shit in.

When people hack on the server they start kicking people who aren't on TS until the hacking stops. When the hacking stops we pretty much have a good idea who it was hacking, then checking the logs confirms it.

You don't get banned for no reason.

I also like how my server report threads are never moderated.

Are you an admin/the host?

From your guys' forum: "At this point we should take screenshots and ban anyone who isn't one of us. Its the only way to slow the hacking down. If we lose our server over it, who cares. We can't play on it under the current conditions anyway."

That's not allowed and it's a horrible way to deal with cheating.

You need to stop doing this immediately and unban everyone who you do not have proof (from the logs) on.

From your guys' forum: "At this point we should take screenshots and ban anyone who isn't one of us. Its the only way to slow the hacking down. If we lose our server over it, who cares. We can't play on it under the current conditions anyway."

You need to stop doing this immediately and unban everyone who you do not have proof (from the logs) on.

I believe Deadmeat is a SA for that server.

He is not a server admin. Only Deadmeat is as far as I'm aware, and that is not how he has been doing things. That is one guy's forum response to the situation which has no bearing on anything. Deadmeat has not been randomly banning random people. He banned the unknowns on the server when the cheating was going down and unbanned the legitimate users.

Regardless, he can't do that. He can only ban those who he verified of cheating through the logs.

Regardless, he can't do that. He can only ban those who he verified of cheating through the logs.

Which is what he's doing.

Now please, kindly go fuck yourself :).

Too many self entitled kids on this forum.

Just proves how little you really know.

• Like 1

You are either completely stupid with no grasp of the situation or you are intentionally ignoring everything you have been told so you can try to continue crying and arguing your ridiculous position on a matter which has no bearing on you about how the admin isn't following the rules regarding bans. I'm going to go with the latter since nobody could be that stupid.

For the last time he doesn't ban anybody at random. He banned several people he didn't know when there was a problem with cheaters and script kiddies on the server in one or two isolated instances. Yet all you want to do is keep saying banning random people is wrong. That's like somebody repeatedly telling you killing people is wrong when the guy you just killed tried to murder you first. Yeah killing people is usually wrong, but it's justified when it means saving your own life from a murderer.

I completely understand what he did, and as can be seen from above, that style of "solving the issue" is not allowed.

Which is what he's doing.

Now please, kindly go fuck yourself :).

Too many self entitled kids on this forum.

Just proves how little you really know.

Lol, you just told the Community Support Rep.to go fuck himself.

Thank you for being so stupid this.morning and giving all of us a good laugh.

Edit:

So, he is looking through the logs, verifying who was hacking/scripting, THEN kicking them and only them from the server. Sorry, I thought he said he kick/bans everyone unknown to him, then looks through the logs to verify who was doing the hacking/scripting, leaves the ban on them and reinstates the rest.

Edited by AADiC

You're quoting a suggestion from a player. I'll repeat the process once more:

1) Player reports hack/cheat in progress

2a) Individual hacker

2b) Server wide hack

3a) Hacker identified visually or via logs, singularly banned

3b) Everyone not subject to hack locked from server

4b) Everyone not identified as hacker via logs is unlocked

Lol, you just told the Community Support Rep.to go fuck himself.

Thank you for being so stupid this.morning and giving all of us a good laugh.

Edit:

So, he is looking through the logs, verifying who was hacking/scripting, THEN kicking them and only them from the server. Sorry, I thought he said he kick/bans everyone unknown to him, then looks through the logs to verify who was doing the hacking/scripting, leaves the ban on them and reinstates the rest.

I don't really care who I told to kindly fuck themselves. There's too many self entitled kids on this site. It's all about me me me. They don't seem to care about the hackers. They only want something done when it happens to them, and then they get pissed off and complain. Then the DayZ staff does nothing to help. Cheat report threads never get moderated (I've sent him SEVERAL), server report threads none of which were moderated, even sent Legacy several pm's about them, nothing has changed, still unmoderated.

The fact is, if you got banned, you got caught. Logs don't lie. Plain and simple.

Anyone at any point can post any of their "suggestions" on the forums regarding what we do to the suspected cheaters. They don't matter. Only one person has that authority and only one person makes that decision, and he does so with proof from the logs.

Several of our own members were banned in this process because of these hackers spoofing our own members GUID and getting caught and then getting banned. Do you think they are still banned?

The person that posted this thread is a brand new account. Hmmm imagine that? This person also knew who ran the server, which no one does because we don't attach anything to it to show so, imagine that.

Ever think, this is a troll trying to start shit? Ever think this is a known hacker that legitimately got banned and is now pissed?

Does anyone ever really look at join dates anymore? Sorry, but if you have a new join date and the only posts you have on these forums is (THIS THREAD), I really don't take what you have to say with any weight. If you want people to believe you, be part of the community, random people are shrugged off as trolls.

Edited by jatobi

You're quoting a suggestion from a player. I'll repeat the process once more:

1) Player reports hack/cheat in progress

2a) Individual hacker

2b) Server wide hack

3a) Hacker identified visually or via logs, singularly banned

Let me follow this by quoting the server hosting rules.

11. As a server admin you must not:

You are not permitted to ban players for killing yourself or clan members.

You are not permitted to shutdown your server when your killed.

You are not permitted to shutdown your server when you lose a vehicle.

You are not permitted to kick or ban for smacktalk.

You are not permitted to ban for suspected cheats or exploits of a non-server-disruptive nature, including but not limited to ghosting, unverified cheating, duping and similar, UNLESS you have solid evidence, IE logs.

13. You are permitted to kick or ban for ongoing severe hacking that is affecting players in a server-disruptive way.

You'll notice 13 allows me to freely kick or ban for "ongoing severe hacking that is affecting players in a server-disruptive way". Reference 2b, 3b, 4b above. For "suspected cheats or exploits of a non-server-disruptive nature", see 2a, 3a above.

Let me follow this by quoting the server hosting rules.

You'll notice 13 allows me to freely kick or ban for "ongoing severe hacking that is affecting players in a server-disruptive way". Reference 2b, 3b, 4b above. For "suspected cheats or exploits of a non-server-disruptive nature", see 2a, 3a above.

*bows down*

If that is how you interpret that rule, then good luck to all the unfortunate people that are on your server when you suspect a hacker.

I hope that once this game goes to stand alone that they have a central server structure so that misinterpretation of rules will not be an issue any longer.

Anyone speak to the support staff like that again on the forums, dont expect to be posting long, especially if you knew what they were capable of and have been doing. So here is your warning now.

So basically what you're saying is the following.

You can tell people to fuck themselves, just don't tell a "support staff" to fuck themselves because they have power they can ABUSE to ban you? Is that right?

That's the way I'm reading what you're saying.

Here's how I see it....

You had someone come into this thread and run their mouth as a member of the forums, not as a moderator, the moment you came in here to VOICE YOUR OPINION, and NOT MODERATE, you came in as a MEMBER, not a person of authority.

When someone runs their mouth back at you in doing so, you cannot "punish" them simply because you're an admin, it's unprofessional and very very wrong. I sent this to Rocket, we'll see how he feels about it. Then again, it doesn't really seem like he cares about DayZ as it is so I doubt he will care anyway.

The point is, you cannot go around punishing people for voicing their opinion of you when you come in to voluntarily participate in a discussion as a member. Whether you like it or not, your "Moderator," or "Admin" title only follows you when it matters; moderating the forums. Unless you were in here for that specific reason, you cannot flex your "e-peen" like that. He came in here and voluntarily begun discussing the subject at hand. He never came in here to moderate the thread. Plain and simple.

So here I am, talking back against you. Ban me, go ahead. I look forward to it. The moment you do, I get my money back from this mod. I purchased the game to play this mod, and if you want to prevent me from posting my opinions on these forums, you are preventing me half my pleasure from the purchase of the game. If I am not able to voice my opinion about the mod to make it better, then the mod is of no use to me and neither is the game.

That being said. Watch what you say when you go "flexing your muscles" to the community, it's unprofessional.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the topic at hand, the guy just quoted the damn rules. If there is rampant hacking going on in the server that is causing it to be unplayable, he has every right to kick and temp ban you to prevent you from coming back in order to get rid of the hacking. If you aren't getting permanently banned, there is no problem, is there?

Why all the crying? If you got banned, you obviously did something wrong, as he stated the logs are there to prove it. If you're still banned, you should probally contact him, instead you come in here crying.

People these days....smdh.

I don't really care who I told to kindly fuck themselves. There's too many self entitled kids on this site. It's all about me me me. They don't seem to care about the hackers. They only want something done when it happens to them, and then they get pissed off and complain. Then the DayZ staff does nothing to help. Cheat report threads never get moderated (I've sent him SEVERAL), server report threads none of which were moderated, even sent Legacy several pm's about them, nothing has changed, still unmoderated.

I assume by "him", you mean Legacy, who you referenced later. You do realize they are forum moderators, right? That doesn't mean they are less or more important than community support staff, but you are contacting the wrong department, plain and simple. Everyone here has different jobs here. It would be like you asking me to delete a thread or ban a forum member when that's not my department and I have no control over that.

I'm also not sure why you seem to think that I am a self-entitled kid, but that's your own opinion.

Clarify that part. Are you kicking everyone and locking the server? Are you just mass banning people then unbanning those who you think are cheating?

Please be specific as to the actions you are taking.