Pentix

US 561 Admin Abuse

Clarify that part. Are you kicking everyone and locking the server? Are you just mass banning people then unbanning those who you think are cheating?

Please be specific as to the actions you are taking.

When I say locked from the server, I am speaking of a temporary ban. I have the following measures available to me:

1) Lock the server - this violates the rules of server hosting

2) Shut down the server - this denies access to legitmate players, and allows hackers to troll my server by utilizing server-wide hacks

3) Issue bans - individuals caught hacking receive a permanent ban; during a server wide hack all non-victims receive a temp ban until individual hackers can be ascertained - those receive permanent bans, everyone else has their temp ban lifted

I'll again quote rule 13:

13. You are permitted to kick or ban for ongoing severe hacking that is affecting players in a server-disruptive way.

While you may disagree with my methods, that is merely your opinion on procedure. We are in complete compliance. If you think your opinion should be enforced, I suggest lobbying Rocket for a re-write of the rules.

Edited by Deadmeat

When I say locked from the server, I am speaking of a temporary ban. I have the following measures available to me:

1) Lock the server - this violates the rules of server hosting

2) Shut down the server - this denies access to legitmate players, and allows hackers to troll my server by utilizing server-wide hacks

3) Issue bans - individuals caught hacking receive a permanent ban; during a server wide hack all non-victims receive a temp ban until individual hackers can be ascertained - those receive permanent bans, everyone else has their temp ban lifted

I'll again quote rule 13:

While you may disagree with my methods, that is merely your opinion on procedure. We are in complete compliance. If you think your opinion should be enforced, I suggest lobbying Rocket for a re-write of the rules.

You are interpreting the rules wrong. To be completely clear, you cannot ban anyone (temporary or otherwise) that you have not caught cheating in the logs.

Considering this your warning.

Are you an admin/the host?

From your guys' forum: "At this point we should take screenshots and ban anyone who isn't one of us. Its the only way to slow the hacking down. If we lose our server over it, who cares. We can't play on it under the current conditions anyway."

That's not allowed and it's a horrible way to deal with cheating.

You need to stop doing this immediately and unban everyone who you do not have proof (from the logs) on.

Are you an admin/the host?

From your guys' forum: "At this point we should take screenshots and ban anyone who isn't one of us. Its the only way to slow the hacking down. If we lose our server over it, who cares. We can't play on it under the current conditions anyway."

That's not allowed and it's a horrible way to deal with cheating.

You need to stop doing this immediately and unban everyone who you do not have proof (from the logs) on.

So because a NON MOD (ME) posted that it instantly becomes gospel and means thats what the admins are doing?

I guess you guys really want hacking to stick around because it seems like you are attacking an admin whos spending hours going through logs trying to ban people who are really suspicious within the time frames that we know a hacker was on. The last group of people he banned included 5-10 people we have seen CONSTANTLY flying around in hacked in helicopters. We watched these guys spawn their helicopter back in, plus we keep finding helo crashes everywhere with the same group of people's bodies.

You are interpreting the rules wrong. To be completely clear, you cannot ban anyone (temporary or otherwise) that you have not caught cheating in the logs.

Considering this your warning.

Your interpretation is your opinion. You are adding text to the server rules that are not present.

Your interpretation is your opinion. You are adding text to the server rules that are not present.

Like I said, that was your warning. Failure to comply will get your server blacklisted.

Also, if you notice.... http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/62195-server-hosting-rules/

13. You are permitted to kick or ban for ongoing severe hacking that is affecting players in a server-disruptive way.

All kick or ban actions must be reported in the forums under section

I will once again quote server hosting rules.

11. As a server admin you must not:

<snip>

You are not permitted to ban for suspected cheats or exploits of a
no
n-
server-disruptive nature
including but not limited to ghosting, unverified cheating, duping and similar, UNLESS you have solid evidence, IE logs.

As you can see, the rules for banning are clearly delineated between "non-server-disruptive" issues and "server-disruptive-issues". One clearly requires "solid evidence, IE logs" before issuing a ban. The other clearly does not. These are the rules I have followed, and will continue to follow. None of the server rules require me to adhere to the personal adaptations, interpretations, or opinions of forum members including community support staff.

I will once again quote server hosting rules.

As you can see, the rules for banning are clearly delineated between "non-server-disruptive" issues and "server-disruptive-issues". One clearly requires "solid evidence, IE logs" before issuing a ban. The other clearly does not. These are the rules I have followed, and will continue to follow. None of the server rules require me to adhere to the personal adaptations, interpretations, or opinions of forum members including community support staff.

Then I guess that you'll not be having a server very long.

• Like 1

Then I guess that you'll not be having a server very long.

How about you don't you not worry about things which do not concern you instead of being a busy body know it all that tries to tell other people how to manage their servers? In case you didn't know it, Deadmeat is a grown ass man and can handle any consequences should there be any. Edited by Alien1099

How about you don't you not worry about things which do not concern you instead of being a busy body know it all that tries to tell other people how to manage their servers? In case you didn't know it, Deadmeat is a grown ass man and can handle any consequences should there be any.

Ahhh, I think I'll stick around :P

So what happens when you try and call out an admin for proactively prosecuting cheating? The hackers think you'll lighten up, or they troll you trying to get you to break the "rules" and get blacklisted.

First, ATS clan piles onto the server and a couple test my script detection.

Player #16 =ATS= Drake (184.148.174.216:2334) connected

Player #16 =ATS= Drake - GUID: 60d4432831b069e09a8071c45d33e716 (unverified)

CreateVehicle Log: #16 =ATS= Drake (60d4432831b069e09a8071c45d33e716) - #0 "PipeBomb" 206:20 206:4 [6164,8028,344] [0,0,0]

CreateVehicle Log: #16 =ATS= Drake (60d4432831b069e09a8071c45d33e716) - #0 "PipeBomb" 206:21 206:4 [6164,8029,344] [0,0,0]

CreateVehicle Log: #16 =ATS= Drake (60d4432831b069e09a8071c45d33e716) - #0 "AmmoBoxBig" 206:103 [62,15293,591]

Player #3 =ATS= Striker (99.245.17.89:2334) connected

Player #3 =ATS= Striker - GUID: 210873a5a4c269c2e57634364ba90950 (unverified)

CreateVehicle Log: #3 =ATS= Striker (210873a5a4c269c2e57634364ba90950) - #0 "PipeBomb" 218:16 218:4 [6125,7958,324] [0,0,0]

They get the boot, so another logs in and tries some console hack I haven't figured out exactly what it does yet, but it 1) kicks my RCON session and 2) leaves them with a -1 ping. Not yet sure how to catch it, but the behavior is regular and repeatable.

Players on server:

[#] [iP Address]:[Port] [Ping] [GUID] [Name]

--------------------------------------------------

0 76.172.134.27:2334 78 21779e76d40cb6239d96c6170feb66ca(OK) Habib

1 67.242.173.99:2334 -1 c804c1566be4fe114b4d32ad23e623fd(OK) Crow

4 99.246.106.175:2334 31 7eb043909bb3410ef77c9578392bc6d0(OK) =ATS= GummyWyrm

7 80.193.36.240:2334 125 61edf9fb00190c20143f754c559d5118(OK) =ATS= Yukkimura

8 188.81.131.150:63113 140 5828610d8d9a87249888fee82debb0f2(OK) =ATS= Markus Letifer

9 184.166.125.151:2334 78 017cc1d8d1cac228a2e63135ae2b7f89(OK) =ATS= EZE

11 85.164.172.49:28883 172 93fc9a5922101bb9d9e12f4a7eb4bbcb(OK) =ATS= Kongla

13 173.51.70.37:2334 62 cfa0bcc44972ea0a867a4549f6cfc08c(OK) =ATS= Valince

14 86.186.248.91:2304 93 ccf3515eb5e38b4f1bbd0ee0a02e0912(OK) =ATS= AiViA

18 174.131.81.36:2334 156 06e98f111cf4a86f6469f49d34a034d9(OK) =ATS= Pitbull

19 99.109.72.19:2334 62 7d762599fea73867927042fc96b33e1d(OK) =ATS= Armando

(11 players in total)

In any event, all this thread does is encourage trolls and waste my time. :rolleyes: Luckily, I have plenty. :thumbsup:

I have already sent an email to the customer who owns the server. If this infraction continues to go on, we will use other measures.

• Like 1

I have already sent an email to the customer who owns the server. If this infraction continues to go on, we will use other measures.

Just for clarity sake, can you please articulate what the infraction is?

Edited by frostbite

This server abuse report has already been approved so ignore whatever the admin says and just blacklist this crap.

Doesn't matter if you ban for 5 seconds or 5 days. If you don't have a viable reason directly correlating to the rules of server hosting then it's not allowed. Fuck your opinion as admin.

Are you serious? It's "BANNING INNOCENT PLAYERS"

Edited by =ATS= abeL

Like I said, that was your warning. Failure to comply will get your server blacklisted.

Also, if you notice.... http://dayzmod.com/f...-hosting-rules/

All kick or ban actions must be reported in the forums under section

Do you folks adequately understand the massive amount of hacking and scripting that is occurring in the game? So much so that it is practically impossible to play and enjoy the same way that one would have a few months back? Now you require admins to provide log, GUID and a thread creation of each individual ban in the cheat-reporting forum? This is a community of over 1 million players, not a handful of servers supporting a mod. How do you expect to consistently handle this on a case-by-case basis? Plus. aside from the tons of clearly hacked servers currently operating, you threaten ban and blacklist of a known server that is taking steps to weed out the trolls from the good players. Makes no sense to me. If you have rules, then enforce them and do so consistently. Otherwise this is an unrealistic, broken process that keeps the devs and server operators gridlocked and empowers cheating due to the convoluted mess of resolving it all.

Do you folks adequately understand the massive amount of hacking and scripting that is occurring in the game? So much so that it is practically impossible to play and enjoy the same way that one would have a few months back? Now you require admins to provide log, GUID and a thread creation of each individual ban in the cheat-reporting forum? This is a community of over 1 million players, not a handful of servers supporting a mod. How do you expect to consistently handle this on a case-by-case basis? Plus. aside from the tons of clearly hacked servers currently operating, you threaten ban and blacklist of a known server that is taking steps to weed out the trolls from the good players. Makes no sense to me. If you have rules, then enforce them and do so consistently. Otherwise this is an unrealistic, broken process that keeps the devs and server operators gridlocked and empowers cheating due to the convoluted mess of resolving it all.

Deal with it. Same way I am, and a bunch of other players are. You're not vigilantes. At this point, this is just a cry about you guys having hackers on server. Rules are rules, no one gets special treatment.

Quite honestly, admins like this one are most likely the reason DayZ forums are requiring so much information regarding server bans.

Edited by =ATS= abeL

This server abuse report has already been approved so ignore whatever the admin says and just blacklist this crap.

Doesn't matter if you ban for 5 seconds or 5 days. If you don't have a viable reason directly correlating to the rules of server hosting then it's not allowed. Fuck your opinion as admin.

Are you serious? It's "BANNING INNOCENT PLAYERS"

Fuck your opinion as a troll. Two of your clan just got booted for cheating, evidence logged and reported per server host rules and now you rage here like your opinion has weight? lol.gif

Fuck your opinion as a troll. Two of your clan just got booted for cheating, evidence logged and reported per server host rules and now you rage here like your opinion has weight? lol.gif

No one ran a script within clan.

...banned from a server who's admin just got warned about banning people... where is your weight?

Edited by =ATS= abeL

So what happens when you try and call out an admin for proactively prosecuting cheating? The hackers think you'll lighten up, or they troll you trying to get you to break the "rules" and get blacklisted.

First, ATS clan piles onto the server and a couple test my script detection.

They get the boot, so another logs in and tries some console hack I haven't figured out exactly what it does yet, but it 1) kicks my RCON session and 2) leaves them with a -1 ping. Not yet sure how to catch it, but the behavior is regular and repeatable.

In any event, all this thread does is encourage trolls and waste my time. :rolleyes: Luckily, I have plenty. :thumbsup:

Lawl. Striker is clan lead and that pipe bomb creation comes up when you plant a satchel charge you stupid noob. We looted that from a van we drove up north. Learn to read your own fucking logs.

No one ran a script within clan.

...banned from a server who's admin just got warned about banning people... where is your weight?

I'm merely using the script detection "written by Dwarden for DayZ". Just following the rulez.

http://forums.bistud...ogging-Blocking

Edited by Deadmeat

FUCKING SERVER ADMINS

Bunch of cheating no good bastards they are! They all want to ban us and horde vehicles! They don't care about the community and edit logs to frame us!

Hurr Durr I am community dipshit support team and you will obey the law!

God this shit makes my head hurt. I can't wait for a standalone game with dedicated servers already. Hell I'm canceling my server as soon as my time this month is up. I follow the rules and haven't banned anyone yet, but this is just ridiculous. Fuck paying money for something I have no power to protect or no room to work with. This fucking game is broken at the moment anyway.

God this shit makes my head hurt. I can't wait for a standalone game with dedicated servers already. Hell I'm canceling my server as soon as my time this month is up. I follow the rules and haven't banned anyone yet, but this is just ridiculous. Fuck paying money for something I have no power to protect or no room to work with. This fucking game is broken at the moment anyway.

This. Good thing I am not an admin on this game, because I wouldn't have patience or time to deal with any of this ongoing crap. It almost seems like the Dev's want to punish the server owners and reward the hacking. Let the admins do their jobs, if someone doesn't like the rules then don't play on that server (just like every other game in existence).

I'm merely using the script detection "written by Dwarden for DayZ". Just following the rulez.

http://forums.bistud...ogging-Blocking

Just because it is logged does not mean someone is cheating.

Please read this: http://dayz.io/t/BEadvisory.txt

Specifically below:

*IMPORTANT*

Please note that there are many legitimate scripts that are currently being logged by these two server-side filters and therefore, banning on the basis of the information in createvehicle.log is currently not advised.

Infraction is breaking dayz rules. When a customer orders a server from us, they agreed to abide by the dayz rules

Just because it is logged does not mean someone is cheating.

Please read this: http://dayz.io/t/BEadvisory.txt

Specifically below:

*IMPORTANT*

Please note that there are many legitimate scripts that are currently being logged by these two server-side filters and therefore, banning on the basis of the information in createvehicle.log is currently not advised.

Not advised != prohibited. You clearly demonstrated that I cannot be left alone to make rational decisions about who or how to ban, so I merely implement the tools provided by BI, BE, and DayZ, ban the reported violations, log them and submit them to the forums. If their tools have inadvertently flagged a legitimate player as a cheater, I'm sure the devs will respond to my thread and let me know who is legit and should be unbanned.

Edited by Deadmeat
  • Like 1

Infraction is breaking dayz rules. When a customer orders a server from us, they agreed to abide by the dayz rules

I encourage you to try to play on our server from time to time. You will notice tons of crashed helos, ammo boxes, weapon boxes, and hackers teleporting everyone into one area. Plus from time to time entire areas seem to explode as if 100's of satchel charges are going off.

We (the people paying for the server) haven't been playing on it for nearly 2+ weeks right now. Thats why our admin is trying to clean up the server. We cannot use what we are paying for because of all the hackers! Our Admin is trying to ban the people doing it, and anyone accidentally banned can easily get unbanned, just ask.

The rules, as quoted, explain that if it is effecting the normal operation of the server then the admin can ban. I would consider teleporting everyone into one location so they all die, and spawning choppers and killing everyone to be effecting the normal operation of the server.

If you cancel our server then the hackers have WON.

Then again you probably will cancel our server anyway because our "grandfathered" $20 a month plan isn't getting you enough money to care.

Edited by InfiniteGrim