So I was thinking, to make the MOD more realistic,

why we dont add sleeping bags?

You need to sleep *...* hours, otherwise you do not have enough energy to run/sprint ore something.

Maybe good for in the future!

(I didn't found any kind of topic about 'Sleeping Bags' sorry if YOU can still find it, but ok don't post anything about that)

• Like 3

Yea you have my beans for that.

I'm not sure about enforcing sleep times but there certainly could be some restrictions enforced after extended hours of play, maybe after 12-15 hours actually online, whereby your character run speeds decrease or his aim becomes sloppy. Naturally there could be counter measures to delay this for those who are more hardcore, such as coffee or high energy drinks that are in the game somewhere. I do like the idea of sleeping bags to prepare you better for offline periods. Not having a sleeping bag should drastically increase the risk of temperature drop when "sleeping", i.e. offline.

Anyhting that adds diffrent types of loot, encourages diffrent play styles and offers diffrent objectives to the game in my opinion is a good idea.

Edited by Box
  • Like 1

Gay....

IO dont wanna sleep for 5-6 hours because my retarde character gets tired

This. Ideas for rest have already been suggested. I don't like them because though it is realistic, it limits my playtime. I don't want to play for a few hours then be told my character is too tired to do something like its some kind of stupid FB game.

This could be good and bad, instead of making it worse off for the player if they don't sleep, add benefits for sleeping like temporary run speed increase or being able to zoom in more because it would very much limit your playtime and a sleeping bag would be an essential item needed by everyone.. plus they could be camped.

Edited by Steiyn

Ah I forgot that time can't just skip ahead in time like in Skyrim or in single player Minecraft. There would be no way to do it like multiplayer Minecraft, as everyone in the server would have to sleep to set off the time skip.

It's a balance between realism and actual playability. Forcing people to sit there whilst their in game character gets some z's is tedious.

If you expanded the idea that a sleeping bag could be conducive to a 'good nights sleep' when you log out, maybe restoring some blood points, alertness etc...

• Like 1

It's a balance between realism and actual playability. Forcing people to sit there whilst their in game character gets some z's is tedious.

If you expanded the idea that a sleeping bag could be conducive to a 'good nights sleep' when you log out, maybe restoring some blood points, alertness etc...

This is along the lines of what I was saying. The game doesnt need to be ultra realism, thre needs to ba balance and somethings need to be "relaxed" realism. Having items of loot that benefit the player for sleep time (i.e. offline) would of course be beneficial to all really and encourage objectives other than just food/ammo/weapon hunts.

Time is non-changeable in multiplayer. So the idea can be implemented for the offline time. Let's say, if you log off in a sleeping state (in sleeping bag, on a bed in your vault, in a house on the bed or on the ground in the woods or in the field) you recieve different penalties\bonuses when you log back in after some time.

Let's say, we have two conditions GOOD SLEEP (more than 4 hours offline) and BAD SLEEP (less than 4 hours offline).

• Good sleep can cure shock, and give some stamina bonus.
  • Bad sleep gives nothing to you.
  • Bad sleep combined with sleeping on the ground without bed or sleeping bag can cause you get infection.
  • Not sleeping and just logging off (for more than 4 hours) will make you very hungry and thirsty and can be 30% risk of causing shock at the moment you login.

Just an example to develop something better.

• Like 1

Time is non-changeable in multiplayer. So the idea can be implemented for the offline time. Let's say, if you log off in a sleeping state (in sleeping bag, on a bed in your vault, in a house on the bed or on the ground in the woods or in the field) you recieve different penalties\bonuses when you log back in after some time.

Let's say, we have two conditions GOOD SLEEP (more than 4 hours offline) and BAD SLEEP (less than 4 hours offline).

• Bad sleep combined with sleeping on the ground without bed or sleeping bag can cause you get infection.
  • Not sleeping and just logging off (for more than 4 hours) will make you very hungry and thirsty and can be 30% risk of causing shock at the moment you login.

Another fantastic suggestion.

• Like 1

I had already created a topic related to sleeping (link in signature).

So I am agree with this idea.

Another fantastic suggestion.

Lets do the sleep thing but you have to be online while sleeping, otherwise it will not count. So lets say you have to sleep 4 hours you have to sit in front of your screen and watch your char sleep for 4 hours. That would be realistic.

Lets do the sleep thing but you have to be online while sleeping, otherwise it will not count. So lets say you have to sleep 4 hours you have to sit in front of your screen and watch your char sleep for 4 hours. That would be realistic.

DayZ is not realistic, it's authentic - "Rocket said" ™. It makes you think and feel the same things as you would fell and thing when you try to survive in real life. It's not looking like real life or must obey all life laws. It makes you think of true problems, consider real aspects, behave like in real life.

Realism and authenticity are often mixed up.

Too much realism can break gameplay, make the game unplayable and dull.

Authenticy can never be such cause.

Please, think of it.

Edited by -=PA=-Mikhail

I think that adding the benefits of good sleep is a good idea, but I still don't like the concept of "bad sleep". If I'm playing by myself and my friend gets on, so I go to switch to his server, does that mean that I got 2 minutes of "sleep" switching servers which would penalize me. I also don't want to log off for an hour or two to eat dinner and watch a movie and then be forced to wait another couple of hours after than in order to log in without being penalized.

Oh, my 4 hours and penalties are just for example of the idea. It must be tuned for comfortable gameplay and balanced of course.

I think that what is gonna make people cooperate in a REAL zombie apocalipse is the necessity of sleeping.

You could be attacked every time by a walker, or a huge horde that travels to nowhere and suddlently saw you.

You will always need for someone to cover you while you are sleeping, because we waste 1/3 of our life sleeping, and you do not want to be catchet with your pants off.

What's could it be?

Everyone will search for a clan online, by forums or google (that is very UNREALISTIC, like teamspeak and skype calls ingame), to have a secure place to sleep, and you will have a strongly Clan-based-game, where every clan member kills others.

It's gonna be a tribal war, like acient times, that could be realistic, because before modern societies tribes's kings acted like that or managed a sort of "peace".

I think that if you could build your own "settlement", maybe using the building feature of arma2 (already implemented), it could be realistic and fun.

Also, you can allow people to make their own garden with vegetables plants to eat.

Thanks for the replies, and I think you need to sleep like 5 hours ore something if you go offline in the evening.

This is just a suggestion :P