Sign in to follow this  
SirJimiee

Wild Bears to Forests?

A cool idea for DayZ that i have recently thought of would be to add an aggressive animal to Forests.

My idea are Wild Bears, they spawn in Forests and if they spot you they will try to kill you, however if you kill them you gain a lot of meat, somewhere around 8-10 pieces of 'Bear Meat'.

I thought this would be a good idea because Zombies do not spawn in forests and so this gives survivors more of a challenge to survive in forests.

Hope you guys like my reasonably simple idea and please comment on your thoughts.

-SirJimiee

• Like 1

Pretty sure this is already being added. As a side note, why not be able to tame bears and ride them into battle?

EDIT: Sarcasm, for those of you who didn't get it.

Edited by ESDeadmond
  • Like 2

A cool idea for DayZ that i have recently thought of would be to add an aggressive animal to Forests.

My idea are Wild Bears, they spawn in Forests and if they spot you they will try to kill you, however if you kill them you gain a lot of meat, somewhere around 8-10 pieces of 'Bear Meat'.

I thought this would be a good idea because Zombies do not spawn in forests and so this gives survivors more of a challenge to survive in forests.

Hope you guys like my reasonably simple idea and please comment on your thoughts.

-SirJimiee

Yes yes yes! And deer. Why do we have deer stands but no deer? Wild game to F you up big time!

Pretty sure this is already being added. As a side note, why not be able to tame bears and ride them into battle?

............No......just no........no. Horses I could understand, but bears would kill your ass faster than a griefer at an airbase than let you ride him.

well, i like the idea for bears. very much so.

but since you cant reli get caught out by one bear. and they dont travel in packs.

maybe also add wolf packs or wild dogs (which are already in arma)

would be easy to implement and would also be another great threat.

maybe bears will fight the dogs! XD

Well, at least bear traps could be used on what the name actually implies they are for.

• Like 1

I don't think this is a good idea.

The forest is the only place where you are safe.

Lot's of people have their camp in forests.

Ofcourse, the mod need to be more difficuilt, but bears.

I don't think it's a good idea, sorry.

Edited by 'Friendly * Nazar'

This is supposed to be a realistic zombie survival game. A real forest is brimming with wildlife that would like nothing better to sink its large, sharp teeth into your neck. We dont need 1 every 10ft or so, but at least add them in around like how sheep are spread out, but maybe a few more cause sheep seem rare to me.

• Like 1

This is supposed to be a realistic zombie survival game. A real forest is brimming with wildlife that would like nothing better to sink its large, sharp teeth into your neck. We dont need 1 every 10ft or so, but at least add them in around like how sheep are spread out, but maybe a few more cause sheep seem rare to me.

Yeah cause Forests do some a bit dull with not much wildlife in it but if they were to add Bears they need to be quite rare just like sheep and all animals in the game are.

Yeah cause Forests do some a bit dull with not much wildlife in it but if they were to add Bears they need to be quite rare just like sheep and all animals in the game are.

Yeah, I wouldnt mind a full animal spawn overhaul. I dont want to see 1 cow for every 26 farms or barns i go too, but we dont need them at all of them either. You just need to get that good balance in there. Put bear den spawns here and there that can spawn bears every so often(to a specific limit in an area) that can also have gear of dead survivors/zombies those bears have consumed(or left for later). Would love to setup some bear traps and use raw meat to draw out a bear to hunt.

lol its a "survival" game...its not supposed to be safe, no-where should be safe really...

there are many many many threads asking for this, please use the search function and post your agreement in their thread rather than making a new one.

However i do agree that bears are a perfect solution to the desolate forest problem. and wild dogs are getting introduced in the next patch according to rocket.

What would be awesome is like the above poster said, make some sort of bear den that is similar to a crashed heli.