rocket

Disconnecting to avoid death

The game actually helped me this morning. I was in quite an empty server (6 guys) when I logged in near Stary to get a quick look in the military camp. I thought I was safe, but as soon as I exited the second tent a sniper already was taking shots at me. I ran into one of the tents figuring out my next move. My plan was actually to throw a smoke grenade right in front of the tent and run out, but even before I could get my plan in motion the server disconnected. :D

With the servers becoming gradually better (why? Is the flood over?) i am cool with the 5 second penalty. Still this has it's flaws, but discofagging is far worse.

but lot´s of things needs to be fixed before i actually feel scared and extra cautios to fight a zed.

I share this perception in parts. When it was too fraking dark and Z got me with his radar i was only bored, because it didn't matter what i did it just felt random.

i would like to name and some a clan who do this =18= and one of the clan members nekama what happend was i was just out side cherno checking for movement and saw a guy ontop of the silo i aimed with my lee and got a nice shot on him i went up there and there was another clan member of one of the opposite building so i was pinned on the top and then i see it say nekama has reconnected and bam hes right ontop of me with a makarov is that not so cheap or what ?

Can't wait for the next update, hopefully it'll work well. In the past two days, 14 out of the 16 people I've ambushed have all disconnected as soon as the first shot is fired. Too bad I didn't have a sniper so they wouldn't have had a chance.

Yeah someone just did it to me again. This update can't come soon enough. I put him down in 1 shot at the tents in Berezino and as he fell he vanished.

I agree. We get some firefights on airfields and when we just start shooting they disappear.

I agree. We get some firefights on airfields and when we just start shooting they disappear.

Not for another 5 seconds they wont after the update. :D

well thats not quite true.... people are dying with no 5 seconds before logout and dc/ing just the same as in 1.7.0

well thats not quite true.... people are dying with no 5 seconds before logout and dc/ing just the same as in 1.7.0

If that is the case then report this bug in the Bug reports section of these forums.

i would like to name and some a clan who do this =18= and one of the clan members nekama what happend was i was just out side cherno checking for movement and saw a guy ontop of the silo i aimed with my lee and got a nice shot on him i went up there and there was another clan member of one of the opposite building so i was pinned on the top and then i see it say nekama has reconnected and bam hes right ontop of me with a makarov is that not so cheap or what ?

I know it ain't easy writing in a foreign language, seeing as I'm not a native english speaker myself, but please try to structure your posts a little. As it is now, you will just be ignored.

To be quite frank, I didn't understand a single word of your post.

I think its simple to fix this. Add some kinda of detection method that starts a 60 second timer from when you last recieved damage/injury. If you click the abort button or disconnect in anyway during this timer you die instantly leaving your corpse on the server. this should suffice.

60 seconds or more is Ideal. That seems short, but a minute in a firefight or while being swarmed by zombies is a long time and can make a huge difference between life and death. while still allowing users to login and log out freely under any other normal circumstances. (lag, bugs, real life interuption, switching servers for friends, etc.)

With a system like this people will be forced to fight back or flee, and take their fate head on. If they choose the "cowards ways out" their dead anyways.

I know it ain't easy writing in a foreign language' date=' seeing as I'm not a native english speaker myself, but please try to structure your posts a little. As it is now, you will just be ignored.

[/quote']

I understood his post perfectly. He aimed his Lee Enfield at a guy on top of a silo and shot at him. He figured he got him so he climbed up the silo but then another player started shooting at him (a member of the clan =18= apparently) and he was pinned down. He tried to return fire but before he knew it, the other guy just reconnected and spawned right behind him and blew his head off.

By the way, has anyone seen any disconnecting (to avoid death) anymore since the update?

I know it ain't easy writing in a foreign language' date=' seeing as I'm not a native english speaker myself, but please try to structure your posts a little. As it is now, you will just be ignored.

[/quote']

I understood his post perfectly. He aimed his Lee Enfield at a guy on top of a silo and shot at him. He figured he got him so he climbed up the silo but then another player started shooting at him (a member of the clan =18= apparently) and he was pinned down. He tried to return fire but before he knew it, the other guy just reconnected and spawned right behind him and blew his head off.

By the way, has anyone seen any disconnecting (to avoid death) anymore since the update?

Ah, that's the 'change server-relocate-change back' exploit/trick.

That's not hacking but it certainly is a shitty thing to do. It will probably be hard to do anything about it without annoying the server starved playerbase further.

Best idea is to learn to recognize what the guy is doing, then move into a better position and wait.

The 5 second thing doesnt fix this, can just spawn back in and see ur old dead body lol.

Also when you spawn me already pre fucking aggroed, i have to do this, but then i go back in and boom spawned with zombies on me again! lol.

Just a cycle..

I think its simple to fix this. Add some kinda of detection method that starts a 60 second timer from when you last recieved damage/injury. If you click the abort button or disconnect in anyway during this timer you die instantly leaving your corpse on the server. this should suffice.

60 seconds or more is Ideal. That seems short' date=' but a minute in a firefight or while being swarmed by zombies is a long time and can make a huge difference between life and death. while still allowing users to login and log out freely under any other normal circumstances. (lag, bugs, real life interuption, switching servers for friends, etc.)

With a system like this people will be forced to fight back or flee, and take their fate head on. If they choose the "cowards ways out" their dead anyways.

[/quote']

That's far from perfect as it involves receiving some damage. If detection method was more effective somehow, like hearing gunfire at least...

That's far from perfect as it involves receiving some damage. If detection method was more effective somehow' date=' like hearing gunfire at least...

[/quote']

So i cannot leave because some noob decided to dueling near to me with another player.. and anytime he shoots his makarov i need to wait 1 minute more...?

Sounds reasonable to me. But then I'll always pick the option that rarely screws over innocent players but always prevents PvP DC rather than the option that never screws anyone over but only rarely prevents PvP DC.

What if we start making DCing = a percentage of Food/and or water is removed from your Food/Water value.

You DC then you see a penalty where you log back in-- now you lost half or portion of the water/food value on the character.

Now the player who does large amount of server hopping or DCing will see themselves start to starve.

EX.

(numbers are just for example use)

Water/Food Value = 100 (You just eat and had a drink)

Player is in danger (player/or Zed) and decides to DC out of the situation.

Normally when you are offline for a day or more you come back with low Food and water/ lets say that value is 20- The icons are starting to blink or are red.

With the player who DC'ed they go from 100 value to a (- 40 or -60) to their value. This means when a player DC'ed they are going to need to find food/water very soon = using up more supplies.

If a player DC or server hops to often they will suddenly see their water/food icons blinking and scrambling for water/food.

This should help with DCing/server hoping/ and Ghosting.

This is not a cure but it limits or should in theory curb this type of behavior.

That still leaves disconnecting as a valid PvP tactic. Losing some food/water level is always preferable to dying.

I wish there was a way to code a state in the Character's Code or Server to just not allow players to DC if they Aggro something or if there has been shooting in 40m of the player.

You could also make it so you can't DC is your still bleeding.

There might be a system needed just to create rules/ checks for the server to do before players are allowed to click the DC button.

Or like someone said have an hour glass pause while the system is getting ready to Save your character/location but won't happen till Hour glass is empty or any icon or state you want to use.

I have confidence this will be resolved but it might take some time to see what will work best and the code might be involved or complicated for checks on many different factors.

I wish there was a way to code a state in the Character's Code or Server to just not allow players to DC if they Aggro something or if there has been shooting in 40m of the player.

There might be a system needed just to create rules/ checks for the server to do before players are allowed to click the DC button.

Or like someone said have an hour glass pause while the system is getting ready to Save your character/location but won't happen till Hour glass is empty or any icon or state you want to use.

I have confidence this will be resolved but it might take some time to see what will work best and the code might be involved or complicated for checks on many different factors.

This is 100% possible which is what i'm saying needs to be done as well. May take time though and depends on coding skills :P

So, in the many suggests I've read, would there be any distinction between avoiding death and the computer crashing?

I had a sudden rash of 3 game crashes yesterday for some reason, memory or something in the beta. I wouldn't want some crazy harsh system that would destroy me every time it happens.

BUT, as it did happen I didn't come back in the same condition. One time I came back with 2500 less blood that I had recovered 30 minutes ago, or maybe it just took the blood for fun I don't know, but DCing by accident, especially in the alphs/beta stage of developing shouldn't be a pentalty.

This is 100% possible which is what i'm saying needs to be done as well. May take time though and depends on coding skills :P

Being knocked unconscious gives you the hourglass screen, which prevents you from bringing up the game menu to abort and disconnect. Doesn't seem like much of a stretch to apply something similar to disconnecting or logging out.