Sign in to follow this  
dodgerboy3

help me pick a video/graphics card

hey guys i am not the best when it comes to computers and i was wondering what graphics card i should get to be able to run dayz smoothly.

this is my current computer http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11757861&search=dell+inspiron&Mo=23&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search〈=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=dell+inspiron&Ntt=dell+inspiron&No=18&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

so if you know what video card would work with it and run dayz it would be much appreciated...

my budget is up to $200 thanks

Operating System

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz 58 °C

Wolfdale 45nm Technology

RAM

4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHz (7-7-7-20)

Motherboard

Dell Inc. 018D1Y (CPU 1) 35 °C

Graphics

DELL ST2010 (1600x900@60Hz)

Intel® G45/G43 Express Chipset

Intel® G45/G43 Express Chipset

Hard Drives

699GB Seagate ST3750528AS (SATA) 39 °C

Optical Drives

TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653G

Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814102948

This will do fine, and I highly recommend it. I own one myself and play Arma 2 (with an Intel Core 2 Quad 2.8GHz + 4GB Ram + Win 7 32-bit) on medium settings at 1440x900 and always get >30fps+.

Or if you want to go a bit further, grab the GeForce GTX 560 Ti. It's ~$220 USD.

Although you should do some research to see if your motherboard has a PCIe slot compatible with a modern video card, as well as if it will fit in your case/etc.

Edited by CaptainIcy

and that video card would work with my power source or whatever? had another thread about this and people kept saying my comp would bottle neck

and that video card would work with my power source or whatever? had another thread about this and people kept saying my comp would bottle neck

What is your wattage on the PSU?

Depending on the PSU you're using, and if you can squeeze any extra $$ out, I'd also recommend going with a GTX 560 Ti. eVGA brand is what I stick to.

Edited by Maroite

To be honest, might be worth saving the 200 until you get a few extra hundred dollars and replace the whole thing, if your PC will bottleneck you need to replace quite a bit and its not cheap.

What is your wattage on the PSU?

Depending on the PSU you're using, and if you can squeeze any extra $$ out, I'd also recommend going with a GTX 560 Ti. eVGA brand is what I stick to.

im sorry but how would i find the wattage i have speccy could i find it somewhere on that? (im sorry im bad with computers)

im sorry but how would i find the wattage i have speccy could i find it somewhere on that? (im sorry im bad with computers)

Usually the specs or documentation for your machine will have the wattage on the PSU (power supply unit). If you're running anything around 500w you'd probably be ok, but another thing you'd have to look at is the 6/8 pin power connectors, and whether your PSU has those. A lot of high end cards usually require 2.

Did not see that, have fun getting a good card. xD

shouldve posted in the titles no trolls