Sign in to follow this  
bankst3r

Have all friendlies been killed by the KOS gang?

Yesterday night I was running north of Elektro and saw a movement on my right side. I immediately went to prone and there he was. A player called Dober. Get it? When you have your crosshair on a player, it tells you the range, name and the gender. In this case "man".

He was crouching and looking through his binoculars to Elektro about 15 to 20 m from my position. He had an Alice pack and probably some decent gear. He then crouchwalked maybe 1 or 2 m, stopped and looked again through his binoculars, then again 1 or 2 m and binoculars. And all I could think was oh my gaaaawd, shooooooo cuuuuuuuute the way he is approaching Elektro with me standing right behind him. I wanted to put him right in my Alice pack and take him with me or maybe at least his gear so I could have something which would me remind me of this sweet moment.

Then...

I thought about my first life how I spawned on the shores with a flashlight instead of a Makarov although all the vids I had seen on youtube showed players spawning with Makarovs.

I thought about all those Zeds who saw me from the moon although the vids on youtube showed players crouchwalking maybe 20m past them without taking any aggro.

I thought about that hacker who spawned the whole server in a room and killed us all.

I thought about that sniper who shot me down to 2000 blood but couldn't finish me off because I ran for cover.

I thought about that guy who had set up a tent as a trap right in the middle of the road and waited for me around the corner to shoot me in the back.

I thought about another guy walking up from behind and hacking me to death with his axe.

Maybe you can imagine what happened next. I switched from my flashlight to my Makarov and aimed at Dobers head. Why the flashlight? Because of Alt Tab and accidentally firing your gun. Then I hit the direct chat button and told him, "Don't move or I am going to shoot you, Dober. I have you in my sniper rifle's scope." I thought telling him that I am aiming at him with my Makarov would be a bit revealing. "SO DON'T MOVE! Lay down. I said lay down."

Well, Dober never listened or replied to me. He ran maybe 10 m and went prone. Then he tried to locate me but still couldn't see me. All I could think was what a killjoy. Not a single bit of imagination. I have read all those stories about strange but fun adventures in DayZ. For example how a group would "kidnap" a guy and "force" him to scout cities for them, while they would cover him with sniper rifles and at the same time aiming at him. How he would comply and get a can of beans etc. when successfully following their orders. The rewards getting better with each scouting mission.

That was frustrating and Dober deserved to die for disappointing me. Well, I let Dober be Dober, made a 180 and took off without wasting a single bullet. He is probably still trying to locate me. Or maybe he is lying there dead with a bullet from another survivor in his head and Zeds filling their bellies with his meat.

What happened next? I ended up lost in the woods with two tents in my inventory (one apparently duped, no idea how this happened) instead of three cans of Pepsi and a flashing thirst icon. Then I thought of Dober and all the delicious Pepsi and/or Coke cans, a map and a compass in his Alice pack.

And what's the lesson here? Karma is a bitch and I should have shot Dober at point-blank range. Wait, what?

Edited by bankst3r
  • Like 2

Well, you did this for a reason, acted against instinct, which makes you "Human" somehow. You should have said something like: You can't run, I'm very close with an AK. or something.

Sad to see he didn't play by the rules, but then... Wouldn't you have done the same?

At least he didn't alt F4 when you spoke

I had three goobers in Electro try to tell me to put down the hatchet, once. They all had weapons (pistols - two had primaries on their backs). I had had a run in with them about 10 minutes prior and they got me (unarmed - they wasted around 4 clips each from point blank range). I started dancing around and used a voice to disguise myself. I then told them who I was and they opened fire on me. It was quite a show. They wasted a few clips each, not hitting me once. I then proceeded to tell them, "my turn" and attacked the first one with my axe.

"I got something for you" As he pulled a nade out and threw it at his feet. I ran behind him as he blew his dinky lil nutsack off. One down.

I then broke the legs of the second person. And he died a minute later. I proceeded to chase the last one as he was talking shit to me about how I am an asshole, and I am mad.

I finished him off. He DC'd so his body would disappear. No worries. I did it for the lulz.

Well, you did this for a reason, acted against instinct, which makes you "Human" somehow. You should have said something like: You can't run, I'm very close with an AK. or something.

Sad to see he didn't play by the rules, but then... Wouldn't you have done the same?

I don't know how I would have reacted. At first probably panic and then I would have thought he had the chance to kill me without revealing himself and did not. So let's see how this plays out or what he has in mind. We already know that most or many players would kill on sight. Someone talking to you while he has the upper hand is odd.

However I am not really upset about that. I am just cursing the second tent which replaced my Pepsi cans. Haven't logged in since because all I can do now is run and hope to hit a village with the tiny chance of finding a drink before I die of thirst. Or maybe Karma isn't a bitch and once I log in Dober will be standing right in front of me offering me a Pepsi. ;D