SwagNYC

How much will stand alone cost?

time to recognize the elephant in the room and address its presence

just how much will we have to pay to continue playing dayz without the hackers?

i don't know how much it will be but i'm pretty sure somewhere it said that those who already have dayz are gonna get a big discount

i don't know how much it will be but i'm pretty sure somewhere it said that those who already have dayz are gonna get a big discount

In a dream you had?

• Like 2

time to recognize the elephant in the room and address its presence

just how much will we have to pay to continue playing dayz without the hackers?

Why is that an elephant in the room?

We all knew it was coming.

My guess is $14.99-19.99.

The game will be released in an Alpha build for a low price point

Right. For everyone.

Nothing about a "big discount for people who already own DayZ."

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 1

how exactly would they figure out who "had" and who didn't "have" DayZ?

rocket said that he would like to follow the minecraft model, which probably means that it will be cheap during alpha and as the game progresses to beta and release the cost will raise

• Like 1

bottom line is, hackers will always be hacking... no matter how well coded the engine is and amazing job the devs done to everything to make it hack-proof. People who knows how to code (write scripts, etc etc..) will always find a way. Always.

The only way to be "hacker free" in a sense, is to make the game single player; so it's only you. Otherwise if it's online... there always a chance.

• Like 1

Ahh you must have missed this topic - http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/64335-dayz-standalone-confirmed/

Facts:

• The game will be released in an Alpha build for a low price point
  • Rocket is project lead for DayZ at Bohemia Interactive.
  • DayZ is set to follow the Minecraft pricing and development model.
  • There will be continued support for DayZMOD alongside DayZ game.
  • Details on the engine will be announced in the coming days/weeks.

Release date: Unknown

Price: Unknown

Minimum Requirements: Unknown

• Like 3

Its gonna cost about 15 cans of beans!

i get my cans of beans for free.

i take them of your dead bodies.

does that mean i get it for free :o.

anyway i suppose it will be around 15$ like zeds said ;)

Ahh you must have missed this topic - http://dayzmod.com/f...lone-confirmed/

Facts:

• The game will be released in an Alpha build for a low price point
  • Rocket is project lead for DayZ at Bohemia Interactive.
  • DayZ is set to follow the Minecraft pricing and development model.
  • There will be continued support for DayZMOD alongside DayZ game.
  • Details on the engine will be announced in the coming days/weeks.

Release date: Unknown

Price: Unknown

Minimum Requirements: Unknown

yup after spending lots of time scouring search over the last couple weeks you guys post something on the day I didn't

welp....

well that's sort of good info, but as long as "unknown" exists there's no promise of anything is there

and the minecraft model?

you mean rockets going to collect millions and then bugger off to a south seas island to live like a king?

:lol:

It will cost you your first born child.

If you do not have one yet, then you must make a sacrifice of a virgin goat under a full moon.

Then you may have a copy.

Why? :(

cause he thinks it will stop the script kiddies. even though script kiddies got to much money to spend (how do you think most of them got the scripts in the first place)

but meh standalone rocket can go pew pew and kill them :) i believe

I hope it's a 100 bucks. That ought to solve some of the problems we're having.

Yea, I can totally see you playing on a HIGH populated server (which would mean nearly 5-10 people online !!!! wow! ) playing with the people you already know... why don't we put 200 bucks there ? I think that would solve the DayZ eventually. Noone would play it, noone would complain.

Btw, someone said that the pice is gonna raise as the game will progerss - does that mean that I buy it in alpha stage and then I'll have to pay again for beta etc ? Or does it mean that I'll simply buy it in alpha for like 15€ and I'll laugh at the faces of those poor people that didn't buy it and will want it when full released for like 40€ ? :D

that's nice of him/them to do this i bought arma II for dayz but don't expect that to get me another full game because i already paid for arma II i will buy dayz full game if i know that the problems that we currently face have been resolved and its bug free, a discount is a nice treat for testing it in alpha and supporting the community.

Yea, I can totally see you playing on a HIGH populated server (which would mean nearly 5-10 people online !!!! wow! ) playing with the people you already know... why don't we put 200 bucks there ? I think that would solve the DayZ eventually. Noone would play it, noone would complain.

Btw, someone said that the pice is gonna raise as the game will progerss - does that mean that I buy it in alpha stage and then I'll have to pay again for beta etc ? Or does it mean that I'll simply buy it in alpha for like 15€ and I'll laugh at the faces of those poor people that didn't buy it and will want it when full released for like 40€ ? :D

I only say that because it's far too cheap to get another key after they are banned. Then again, I hear hackers are just buying generated keys for a few dollars which is pretty funny if you know the history of piracy.

Besides, most fans of this game know what it's meant to be about and dealing with hackers isn't it. It would still have a draw and people would still come to play in droves.

(honestly, 20-30 bucks for the standalone with scripting disabled = perfect)

As for rising prices and paying again, no. They've repeatedly mentioned their desire to mimic the Minecraft model. You pay whatever the current price is to get in and you don't need to pay each time the price rises. That would be pretty silly.

Edited by SausageKingofChicago
  • Like 1

I only say that because it's far too cheap to get another key after they are banned. Then again, I hear hackers are just buying generated keys for a few dollars which is pretty funny if you know the history of piracy.

Besides, most fans of this game know what it's meant to be about and dealing with hackers isn't it. It would still have a draw and people would still come to play in droves.

(honestly, 20-30 bucks for the standalone with scripting disabled = perfect)

As for rising prices and paying again, no. They've repeatedly mentioned their desire to mimic the Minecraft model. You pay whatever the current price is to get in and you don't need to pay each time the price rises. That would be pretty silly.

Never actually payed for minecraft, so...

Well, 20-30 is fine but ehh, why would a hacker buy another key to come back and hack again to get banned again ? O.o

well the arma 2 combines operations is $30 so it should be lower than that

Rocket confirmed that the standalone will follow a in the legacy of Minecraft - Firstly releasing discounted in alpha, then continuing to update in increments until a solid build is released at a full price.

He also said he liked steam. :P