sgtcuddles

Random events

I think small events would be awesome, like a zombie horde that spawns on the very north/northwest part of the map and marches through the map until one of the bigger cities which then players would have to take out or avoid the zombies. There wouldn't be some cheesy notification telling the player this event is happening, it will all be based on the players awareness. Another cool thing would be an airdrop, imagine way up in the sky you notice a plane, you can hear the faint noise of it's jets/props. Once you're able to track it down in the sky you notice a payload it's dropping with a parachute, you gather you band of buddies together and track down where it landed, but you must be careful, other survivors were likely to notice it as well. This would set up for an awesome pvp fight for the goods, which could range from military grade weapons, ammo, vehicle parts, food/water, maybe even an entire vehicle if you're really lucky! This would be an extremely rare occurrence Of course. I think the two things i explained above would give players more options on what to do when faced with the events. I know rocket is all about giving players options, which this would be one, you could choose to avoid the horde or airdrop, or you could choose to fight the horde or search for the airdrop. Each would promote small skirmishes between players/npcs

• Like 3

I think small events would be awesome, like a zombie horde that spawns on the very north/northwest part of the map and marches through the map until one of the bigger cities which then players would have to take out or avoid the zombies. There wouldn't be some cheesy notification telling the player this event is happening, it will all be based on the players awareness. Another cool thing would be an airdrop, imagine way up in the sky you notice a plane, you can hear the faint noise of it's jets/props. Once you're able to track it down in the sky you notice a payload it's dropping with a parachute, you gather you band of buddies together and track down where it landed, but you must be careful, other survivors were likely to notice it as well. This would set up for an awesome pvp fight for the goods, which could range from military grade weapons, ammo, vehicle parts, food/water, maybe even an entire vehicle if you're really lucky! This would be an extremely rare occurrence Of course. I think the two things i explained above would give players more options on what to do when faced with the events. I know rocket is all about giving players options, which this would be one, you could choose to avoid the horde or airdrop, or you could choose to fight the horde or search for the airdrop. Each would promote small skirmishes between players/npcs

i really like the airdrop part. and i think it wouldn't be that hard to implement. +1

i really like the airdrop part. and i think it wouldn't be that hard to implement. +1

Yeah definitely, and it would had more objective based pvp, instead of senseless killing. It would test the player/players abilities in tracking down the drop, set up a perimeter, and successful retrieval would be very hard since other players would be tracking it down as well, because there would be a small chance for a big reward, and of course like anything else in DayZ the player could choose to avoid the situation completely as well. This may also create a hot spot for sniper campers, which I dont know if that would frustrate people too much or not.

I'm liking both of those ideas.

Perhaps when the thingy is dropped from the plane, there could be a message played to players who have a radio?

I'm liking both of those ideas.

Perhaps when the thingy is dropped from the plane, there could be a message played to players who have a radio?

I don't think any notification of any sort should be played out, just because DayZ is so focused around a players ability to survive in the surroundings, you have to use your sense of sight, sound, and direction to locate the drop. I think the radio would change the excitement of the chase

I came up with the idea when I was out in the middle of no where one day (in real life) and saw a jet plane way up in the sky. you hear it first, of course the sound took a long time to travel to your hears, then I searched the sky for the origins of the sound. the same would be for the airdrop, this could even been a random plane crash, unlike just strolling up on a randomly generated helicopter crash where you have no background on how it got there, (nothing against the heli crashes, I think they are quiet awesome and exciting to roll up on)