Gert-Jan

i'm new and i get killed by everyone, even when i say FRIENDLY PLAYER in the chat screen.

I had the same problem about getting shot so now I usually shot on sight unless the dude says he is friendly but even then I announce about blowing his fucking head off and keep my sights on him don't trust guys with axes they can get close and put you in a world of hurt especially if they say there friendly don't trust guys that run up on you either. I am in the USA Texas so if you wanna play hit me up on steam gardea_11b. I only speak english though. My dayZ name is

G-BizZle

Key is SURVIVAL in this mod!

you get a better chance at survival by working AS A TEAM.

Not with a bunch of random lackwits I bumped into and have never met before, sorry. That kind of "team" is a death sentence. Not enough people know how to play this game properly to make that a sustainable model for building cooperative team play. There are far too many considerations, especially once vehicles and tents become involved, to just team up with every random Joe Blow I run into in the game. Half of them just end up getting me killed by alerting zombies or nearby players.

I cooperate with people I know and trust. Everyone else gets the business end of an M249.

Make friends and then play the game with them, not vice versa. If you don't like or want to do that, then you will be at a disadvantage against those who do. And you will be victimized more often.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

Je mag wel onze groep joinen als je boven 21 jaar bent dayz alleen spelen is minder leuk !

Ben 29 dus dat zit wel goed!

welke groep dan? en JOIN je een groep, en hoe vind ik jullie op bv 6launcher?

Another thing:

WATER!!!

i've been crawling my ass trough villages and along coast lines, in search of those damn Deer Stands near a LAKE.

My water bottle emblem starts flashing... o dear....

HEY! A fckn lake! FRESH WATER!!! i dart to it (checking for zombies and ghilly fckers moving their barrels etc...

NO OPTION TO DRINK FRESH FCKN WATER FROM A FCKN LAKE!!!

i merily splash in to a pond or little lake (ish) but i cannot use my garbage dump... errrrrrrrr, bag full of empty tin cans and whiskey bottles to fill them with FRESH water????

I am friggin'standing in CONSUMEBLE water but no freaking way to actually do something??

whaaaat?

a water pump in a zombie infested village that contains zombie germ free water? riiiiight! but i should be able to drink from it IF i have a military canteen?

even a whiskey bottle is not of use here????? (never encountered a water pump so far, so could be my bad....)

But a LAKE in a forest has no consumeble water?? hmmmmmmmm

if u manage to implement drinking from a water pump, why not from a lake/pond in the great outdoors???? where zombies are minimal? wich kinda is realistic?

Why only military canteens to drink from?

Or is my version of ARMA OA DAYZ so fck up i get all this bad gameplay and bugged gameplay?

i understand lakes/ponds whil get CAMPED by lazy bumz if this would be implemented but stil, aren't water pumps in zombie villages less dangerous?

Yeah, well. Not farting should be a rule on airplanes, but it's not. So sometimes you just have to grin and bear it.

or keep a close eye on the toilet sign wich is behind the fat person standing in your way when u finaly get chance to run for the bathroom.........

so why isn't this encouraged more and are people who shoot on sight and NOT ask questions discouraged for their behaviour?

whil the stand alone have a system for this implemented?

Survivor and Bandit path?

killing un armed players whil gain u BANDIT reputation VISSIBLE to everyone?

so every one can team up accordingly?

PvP is just dumb, you do not get points, only empty GEAR wich u cannot loot, or if u r in luck some empty cans and an axe because the player did not even have a weapon on his back!

a sort of FRIENDLY FIRE thingy?

'FREE KILL" should be fckn punished if the killed players was a noob like me with nothing usefull on him anyway....

You act like people aren't bastards in real life, the game uses human nature as part of its system, so you will always find bandits, murderers, and a few friendlies. Most of the people that were friendly on this game have turned to shoot on site players, because of past experiences like your own. I will never kill someone that isn't a threat, but from my own experiences I'm not going to trust someone just because they say "friendly". People need to realise that if you really don't want to shoot someone, and you get too attached to your gear, then this game is just going to annoy you, and you won't enjoy it.

Finding anything in the game is pure chance, so if you don't find anything in a few hours, it's just unlucky, just try again. You will have times where you can't find anything, then others that seem as if the game is just giving it all to you.

Take it all in good stead, this game shows you exactly the type of people that you are likely to find in a post apocalyptic world. Some are scared, and will shoot you for fear of you doing the same to them. Some people are just complete C***s, and just enjoy ruining other peoples good times. And then the final group that would rather try and be friendly to everyone they meet, and this is the group that get's burned, because they expect people to act the same way they do, civilly.

• Like 1

People kill because they get bored.

yes, survival works better in groups, up to a point where you know you can trust everyone in the group. A group too big you might find someone double crosses you, or keeps loot for themselves. For that reason, some players with decent gear prefer to play it safe, not trust a guy with no gear at all, and sometimes kill them.

Why is it necessary to kill them? The same reason you should DEFINITELY be able to kill players even if they have no gear. An ungeared player could still have geared up friends he's spotting for. This happens for real. It's a dirty trick, but one to watch out for.

So yes, while killing ungeared players constantly is pretty dumb in my opinion, if an ungeared player starts following my geared-up ass around, I get suspicious.

Also, I'm in the bandits-should-be-indistinguishable-from-survivors camp to be honest. The tension is greater when you don't know who to trust (and don't shoot on sight)

I agree, and how can you tell who truly is a bandit? If I get shot at by a newish player, and kill him I get a murder. Bit unfair, I only shot him because he was shooting at me, that's self defence. There are so many factors in a shoot-out that can't be accounted for in the game. So yes the bandit skin is better out of the game, as it was never true to form anyway, all murderers are bandits, but not all bandits are murderers, like I said, self defence apparently means nothing in this game.

in a 'real life zombie apocalypse" i would rather try and befriend others i encounter and give them the ammo i found because i didn't find my own gun yet...

if i cannot even USE the ammo why not give it to someone who actualy has a GUN!!??

i would use my axe for close range/buildings to protect him/her when they need to reload or anything.

THAT IS TEAM WORK!

in real life people would be happy to see each other and make contact from distance or signal to leave food/bandages at spot as a sign of good will...

Or they shoot on sight and stay alone and have less chance of survival and be miserable...

in this mod however..... hackers galore and playing alone is encouraged by this SOCIAL test....

sorry rocket, just say so if i'm taking this A'stage mod a little to seriously and mock about people who spoil the fun and survival it should actualy give everyone who's putting his time in testing and installing ARMA@ again..

you really made some thing happen in the gaming community!

Download team speak ben je een Bekend met het spel of speel je maar een paar dagen ?

Heb teamspeak3 client, heb ARMA OA etc al vaker gespeeld, maar ik vind het realisme erg vaag (ben zelf militair dus iriteer me aan alles wat niet klopt, bewegen is al onrealistisch, je kan niet eens over een iets te hoge muur of leiding springen wtf! :P )

heb DAYZ nu een aantal keer gespeeld, elke keer een uur of 4 en dan ben ik dood of heb ik een gebroken been of iets anders door een bug of zombie die naast me in een gebouw spawned. maar meestal door

andere spelers die me kapot knallen van een kilometer afstand... hoe zit t met die bullet drop? hoe kunnen die lui dat nou zo perfect doen?

een bijl gebruik ik voor zombies, liggend, en ja ik heb m in mn handen ALS k er 1 heb!

I'd rather shoot you than share my loot. Also i don't like other people, cus they are a huge threat to me.

I have given you a lot of suggestions, and you are still here complaining about things..

I feel as if you have not even read a single thing I have posted for you..

First off, this game has a steep learning curve. If you are dying a lot at the start, it is to be expected.

Don't come on the site and complain/spam about everything that is bothering you until you have fully played the game and adapted to its level of difficulty.

please read the suggestions above, as a lot of people are trying to cooperate with you. Your English is not the greatest, do you think people are killing your because you cannot communicate properly with them? Maybe they see you as a liability instead of an asset? Who knows.

good luck, and please understand the learning curve.

-Silo

Edited by Silodiloz

I've been there and done that, and yes it sucks. :( Especially if you're like me and basically just want to explore and avoid zombies. I would get so angry... because I'd be in a new area, having a great time finding things I'd never seen before (Ooooo civilian clothes!) and next thing I knew, I'd hear the zing of gunshots and then I'd roll over dead. UGH!

But... I started to look at it this way. Even if you die, you can still come back and explore some more. All you really need for several hours' good exploration is a hatchet to kill zombies that are attacking you, and those are everywhere. You can find enough food and canned soda along the way to survive without starving or thirsting to death while you explore.

I have no desire to become a geared-out-the-yang sniper. My husband might, if he ever plays... but that's not my style at all. I like exploring and finding new things. If I'm ever able to have a hatchet, knife, canteen, and matches all at the same time (are you listening RNG gods??) then I'll try to see how long I can live off the land... but you know, I think that might get a bit boring.

The fun in this game for me is the getting from Point A to Point B with that element of constant danger. The hostile players just add another aspect of danger.

That said, if you really are wanting to do a good bit of undisturbed exploration, choose a server with low population (like 2/40 or something like that) and play on it. If you arrive at night (a lot of low-pop servers are low-pop because it's night) then crank up your gamma and brightness... that helps me see enough to get around. A lot of people don't like to use the gamma/brightness because it ruins the nighttime effect (it really does) but I figure if you're new it's forgivable. Plenty of time later to try to explore in full dark. It's worth seeing, too... the full dark is creepily beautiful, especially if there's a fire somewhere or someone tosses a road flare.

At any rate, just know that nothing you've obtained thus far is irreplacable. And you may respawn in an area you've never seen before and/or have really good luck finding things right away (well... as long as you don't spawn in the barren hell that is Kamenka lol.) Spawn in, get your bearings, crawl around until you find a hatchet, and go from there.

Oh, and the hatchets, you have to right click on them and choose "remove from toolbelt" to make then an armed weapon. Also you have to reload them (just hit the letter R) the first time you do this. After that, hack and slash away! :D

in a 'real life zombie apocalypse" i would rather try and befriend others i encounter and give them the ammo i found because i didn't find my own gun yet...

if i cannot even USE the ammo why not give it to someone who actualy has a GUN!!??

i would use my axe for close range/buildings to protect him/her when they need to reload or anything.

THAT IS TEAM WORK!

in real life people would be happy to see each other and make contact from distance or signal to leave food/bandages at spot as a sign of good will...

Or they shoot on sight and stay alone and have less chance of survival and be miserable...

in this mod however..... hackers galore and playing alone is encouraged by this SOCIAL test....

sorry rocket, just say so if i'm taking this A'stage mod a little to seriously and mock about people who spoil the fun and survival it should actualy give everyone who's putting his time in testing and installing ARMA@ again..

you really made some thing happen in the gaming community!

That is exactly it my friend, you play this game as you would in the same "real life" situation. A lot of people do the same, and you will find as you play it more and more you will find more and more people that enjoy killing you, just to ruin your fun. It doesn't change that much in real life, most people in the world are C***s and the only reason that you don't see much of it is because you live in a state with law and consequences, take those away and this is pretty much what happens.

Nothing on this game is easier on your own, except that all the loot you find is your own. Sole survivors will always be outclassed by a group of 3-4 people, if they can locate him before half their numbers are dead. Getting back blood can be a slow process on your own as well, while with some co-operation you can be back up to full within 20 seconds.

This game centres around the PvP aspect, and if you don't like it, then you're not going to enjoy your time here I'm afraid. Adapt to a different play style, or accept that you will die a lot from people that are not friendly.

sometimes there is an ax in a log but i cannot pick it up? why have stuf like that in the mod if u can't use them??? fckn get rid of that!

That axe is a decoration... and object of the world....

The axes you can wear is a different item (a weapon) and can be interacting with. Just accept that there are some objects just to give some athmosphere.

Second... This is a mod... It was free (you paid for arma2 not dayz)... Just learn the game and you see what a great job the devs of the mod did so far.... Demanding something from them in a way you did just makes you look like a raging teenager out of balance....

• Like 1

I am surprised that no one have even mentioned "don´t stay at the coast" to you yet!

You aren't alone having this sort of problem, I too also HAD those problem!

I solved the annoying dogma by immidately moving from the coast and into northlands!

I can help you with a few general rules!

1. Move to north immidately

2. Do never ever run in the open and/or avoid open places so much as possible (even in north)

3. When moving, never walk upright, always run humpbacked!

4. Always hide yourself in bushes, among trees, behind structures etc even when moving

5. If you hear shootings, do not walk to the source

6. If you see sources of light in night, never ever walk to them

7. If you want to make contact with anyone, hide yourself and use direct comm! Otherwise Kill on Sight is required!

Good luck! Hopefully you will make it out.. my character have currently lived for 69 days and is still at good health! I have killed only 37 zombies and committed only 1 murder yet! By simply following those rules!

No I dont have super high end gear, My currently gear is AK-M, 550 Hunting Sniper, G17 flashlight pistol and Alice backpack! It's nothing compared to those guys in M249, Barrett, NVG, Ghillie suite etc

Edited by Camoplast

not killing UN ARMED players should be a rule in this mod, i'm sick and tired of people shooting me if i do not even have any gear left because of a bug that made a zombie wound me from distance.

after zombie attack i use a bandage to stop bleeding and pain killers.

So if i get killed who's gonna use my empty gear?? wtf...

i found some axes, only to be shot after i stand up leaving the area around a village. got shot for what? having a fckn axe?

sometimes there is an ax in a log but i cannot pick it up? why have stuf like that in the mod if u can't use them??? fckn get rid of that!

i walk around for hours and gain nothing but being shot by someone in a ghilly suit, what's the point in playing this mod with this shit going on?

Wait until you are the one with the ghillie suit, some new spawn with an axe asks for help, and then tries to hatchet you to death to take your guns after claiming to be 'friendly'.

OP - that sucks, lol. We've all been in that situation. But nothing sucks more than getting fully geared up (my typical setup), 3 guns, makarov, lee enfield and a aks74 kobra in a alice pack packed with ammo, morphine injectors, food, etc. Then suddenly get headshotted by a sniper... I started killing people yesterday (just bought the game a week ago). I used to just avoid the gunfire..typical new player, being friendly try to join up with someone if I see them; but I just pick people off now. When I was in "your shoes" I guess you can say, I always got killed too. I just see everyone as a threat now, unless they pop a flare or something to try and communicate if I want to pair up... although I did kill someone that I do feel a little guilty about... Picked him off then looked through my binoculars to see the backpack... just had a pistol and a xbow.. fealt some pitty.. thought to myself "that used to be me"... lol

What others said, join low pop servers. I always play on servers with less than 10 people. I can gear up pretty fast within an hour now. Got my route down.

Edited by GotOwned

Yes, unfortunately that is how every server is. That is also how every server will remain until Rocket realizes that his game is nothing more than a really big death match arena. I do my best to avoid people and play the survivor play style, but every now and then I have to either defend myself or make a decision to kill someone that I'd rather not kill in order to continue my play session and keep my gear. It's just how it is.

I have given you a lot of suggestions, and you are still here complaining about things..

I feel as if you have not even read a single thing I have posted for you..

First off, this game has a steep learning curve. If you are dying a lot at the start, it is to be expected.

Don't come on the site and complain/spam about everything that is bothering you until you have fully played the game and adapted to its level of difficulty.

please read the suggestions above, as a lot of people are trying to cooperate with you. Your English is not the greatest, do you think people are killing your because you cannot communicate properly with them? Maybe they see you as a liability instead of an asset? Who knows.

good luck, and please understand the learning curve.

-Silo

your tips on how to use the Hatchet???

didn't need those because the steep learning curve of the game teached me how to put it in my hands and kill zombies with it silently. while prone, avoiding another player near me that has a friggin' large gun..

maybe u didn't properly understand i KNOW how to play this game..

Every one has been giving me the same tips, so maybe u didn't understand i am only reacting to stuf i can use?

are u actualy mad i did not say thank you? to you PERSONALY? this is a forum, i am trying to obtain usefull info or point out the shit that anoyes me...

fidling in the GEAR menu and clicking left and right mouse button made me learn real fast how to use basic stuff.... like reloading a hatchet... so realistic.. :P

complaining about some one's language barrier on the internet is pretty useless... but thank you for your input any way...you'r the only one who didn't get my point and even being mad not getting credit for it..

relax..

Edited by Gert-Jan

so why isn't this encouraged more and are people who shoot on sight and NOT ask questions discouraged for their behaviour?

whil the stand alone have a system for this implemented?

Survivor and Bandit path?

killing un armed players whil gain u BANDIT reputation VISSIBLE to everyone?

so every one can team up accordingly?

PvP is just dumb, you do not get points, only empty GEAR wich u cannot loot, or if u r in luck some empty cans and an axe because the player did not even have a weapon on his back!

a sort of FRIENDLY FIRE thingy?

'FREE KILL" should be fckn punished if the killed players was a noob like me with nothing usefull on him anyway....

Do you get anything special from having a lot of days standing next to your name? The point is that once you know how this game works, zombies aren't a threat anymore... You will be able to sneak through most to loot stuff... you will be able to kill zombies with better gear you have.... you know how to run to loose them fast.... You will have tools to cook food out of animals that you can shoot far away from any zombie + you can have refillable water bottles. In the end you could just stay in the woods near a water pond.... cook some meat... and that's it.

What is left is to look for better gear (weapons usually) at the PvP hotspots and at crashed helicopter sites. If you make a camp or get some vehicles your stuff can just be stolen easily over night. Especially larger vehicles are not that hard to spot.

What do you do with better gear or vehicles? You dont need it really against zombies, but against other players. Vehicles are great to pick up friends or scout the area for other camps or crashed heli sites. For Zombies it is fine enough to use pistols, since they dont attract that many zombies. Thus what do you need better gear for? The answer is PvP.

Sorry, but you are wrong if you think the game is about surviving mostly. In the end it is about PvP. I am sure the standalone will be different, but this is a mod, so its possibilities are limited.

As you said, you are new to the game. And thus you are frustrated becasue of getting shot so fast.... As someone stated before, try first a server that is not that populated and learn the game... Learn how to gear up fast and how to deal with zombies without wasting that much bulltets for them....

Once you are more experienced you will understand why people here focus on PvP and not on surviving anymore. Surviving by avoiding PvP is easy and boring.... Surviving while still trying to fight other groups its difficult and fun.

3. When moving, never walk upright, always run humpbacked!

Sorry, but that is a mistake. That only counts against zombies. If you are sure there are no zombies around use sprint run. For a player it does not make so much difference in sight if you are running upright or humpbacked... But you are faster if you are upright.... Thus harder to hit...

Better is to run as fast as possible from cover to cover. Try to avoiding fields. If you cant, cross them as fast as possible by zig zag movement.