luno87

Help, do i download the mod, or wait.

So im about to download arma 2 bla bla bla to play dayz, but if it has just been released that a standalone game is in development is there any point me getting the mod now, or will the game be ages in coming out and therefore worth the money buying the mod.

Hope this is not a dumb question but I dnt wana download something that is on its way out? wats the crack?

Right now the mod is full to brim of hackers, glitches if you go anywhere near a town that has dead soldier bodies on the floor the artifacting and glitches make it impossible to see anything. (towns such as; Cherno, Stary Sobor, Berezino, NW Airfied to name a few)

Id steer clear of the mod dont ruin the experiance for yourself.

Wait for Standalone or hate to say it WarZ

Edited by Okano
  • Like 1

Standalone is expected this year, October at the earliest

The standalone game is in development along side Arma 3. Expect to see it around November. (No guarantees here). The DayZ mod will continue to get support after the standalone is out. It will probably fade out around then but I'm sure there will be players. For the next couple months you can kill for beans, get killed for beans, and survive in the hell that is in Chernarus. Why not? The game is well worth it. I have spent 60$ for a piece of shit game that I play for 14 hours and beat it then what? I have logged 70+ on DayZ and I do not intend to stop. Get it if you like the idea of fighting for your life every moment.

Right now the mod is full to brim of hackers, glitches if you go anywhere near a town that has dead soldier bodies on the floor the artifacting and glitches make it impossible to see anything. (towns such as; Cherno, Stary Sobor, Berezino, NW Airfied to name a few)

Id steer clear of the mod dont ruin the experiance for yourself.

I guess you should stop playing and let other players fill your useless server spot...

Now, back on topic: Like Arch said, if you already own ArmA2:CO it's easy to download DayZ and play for free while you can.

If you don't own CO yet, buy it anyways! Not only can you play DayZ for free, but also thousands of other mods!

I dnt currently have any arma stuff so im assuming it will cost me some dolla to download off steam just wondered if there was atch anything left of the game for me to enjoy and play as it looks amazing

The standalone game is in development along side Arma 3. Expect to see it around November. (No guarantees here). The DayZ mod will continue to get support after the standalone is out. It will probably fade out around then but I'm sure there will be players. For the next couple months you can kill for beans, get killed for beans, and survive in the hell that is in Chernarus. Why not? The game is well worth it. I have spent 60$ for a piece of shit game that I play for 14 hours and beat it then what? I have logged 70+ on DayZ and I do not intend to stop. Get it if you like the idea of fighting for your life every moment.

Depends how long you want to wait to play the game.

Over 1million players for a mod in this short time.. You should buy it and take part in the hell that is dayz.. There is no other game like this out there.. And its nice to be part of a game in process with new things added all the time..

Arma II is also a very good game itself

Edited by Delta