Sign in to follow this  
Miroslav (DayZ)

Wear on items/Weapon addons

I apologize if this idea/s were here before but couldn't find anything on the search bar considering this two terms in topic title.

1. Weapon addons

Idea is that game never spawns weapons with addons(ie. M4 CCO SD = M4 + Red Dot + Silencer) but the game spawn the general weapon only (ie. M4). In the military areas there would be "other items" with which you can upgrade your weapon(like Silencer/Red Dot/GL). This creates the game more tactical(ie. when you are going for zombies, you certainly want silencer on. When player is 300m from you, you definately dont want silencer on).

2. Wear on items

Basically, Fallout 3 system, every weapon/addon/tool/even backpack should have its number of uses. The higher the wear, lower the weapons damage and so on(I guess backpacks number of items to hold would of stayed the same). Weapons should be able to be repaired if you find the same weapon.

Thank you!

• Like 3

I like weapon addons, but this is straight out of the war z playbook.

every time i think of an idea someone posts it before me hahahaha.

• Like 1

I dont know anything about Warz tbh, if you look at it that way, you can use this argument with many games, like CS/Rainbow Six where you can just put on/take off silencer for example

Point number one: This could work but it would be horrible for the gameplay, having the addons locked onto the gun means that there are pro's and cons to having the gun.. I mean if you have NV on a gun its invaluable at night but less than useful in the day and that makes it challenging, the decision to keep it or not.

Point number two: No, you add items into the game that reduce weapon damage flat out then its horrible, if this were added I would prefer to see some other special effects on the gear (Chance to find rare loot, ect)

Edited by Steiyn

nope, they're doing it in arma 3.

Edited by cptWaffelbert
  • Like 1

Point number one: This could work but it would be horrible for the gameplay, having the addons locked onto the gun means that there are pro's and cons to having the gun.. I mean if you have NV on a gun its invaluable at night but less than useful in the day and that makes it challenging, the decision to keep it or not.

Point number two: No, you add items into the game that reduce weapon damage flat out then its horrible, if this were added I would prefer to see some other special effects on the gear (Chance to find rare loot, ect)

Point number one: The whole point of it that it would of be unlocked and you can use at any time any combination you want

Point number two: Its called realism you know.

Point number one: The whole point of it that it would of be unlocked and you can use at any time any combination you want

Point number two: Its called realism you know.

The fact that they can be unlocked is making the game much easier, having to choose what gun is the best for the situation that you are in is a learning experience and bad decisions impact you strongly.

Point 2: Im sorry, when was the last time you saw zombies walking down the street, or being in third person view looking over your shoulder.. this farming power at its finest and such an unfair advantage its saddening.

Edited by Steiyn

The fact that they can be unlocked is making the game much easier, having to choose what gun is the best for the situation that you are in is a learning experience and bad decisions impact you strongly.

Point 2: Im sorry, when was the last time you saw zombies walking down the street, or being in third person view looking over your shoulder.. this farming power at its finest and such an unfair advantage its saddening.

Point 1: Realism

Point 2: Realism implemented in game

Although I love the idea of being able to customize your weapon; be it with proper mounts, such as 1913 spec rails, or compatible scope mounts, or through use of duct tape and a flashlight.

Some modifications, such as adding a suppressor, should be limited to those weapons which already have a threaded barrel. Perhaps a threaded barrel could be installed on a weapon that doesn't have one, but would be a very rare item; for example, this could make the task of suppressing an M1911 much harder than, say, a Mark 23 handgun, which already has a threaded barrel.

In any case, we'll have to wait until Arma 3 before we see weapon mods, since Arma 2 does not support them.

Regardless of whether it is supported or not, devs would soon work out that it's an easy invitation for hackers to create ridiculous weapons like; AS50 TWS HOLO SD, or Mk48 NATO. Highly unlikely to happen with Battleye being so far behind the hacks.

You know what else is super realistic? Healing broken bones with morphine and fixing major bullet wounds with bandages and cooked meat.

Stop posting suggestions based on realism. It's stupid.

Hey hey guys, if you actually pay attention to the mods development instead of just blabbering on like twats you would know that when the standalone comes there will be weapon degration causing the weapon to jam. Straight from Rockets mouth.