KetchupOnTheDog

Hackers, and the state of the standalone game?

To the people who are "sick and tired" of these hacking threads: What do you propose we do? Just keep playing and let our hard work just get kicked over by scripters every time and just not complain about it? Or just stop playing? Because I'm going with the second option.

• Like 1

To the people who are "sick and tired" of these hacking threads: What do you propose we do? Just keep playing and let our hard work just get kicked over by scripters every time and just not complain about it? Or just stop playing? Because I'm going with the second option.

Keep discussing it until either we come up with a valid solution to the problem, or Rocket/Battleye does.

cant play anymore hacking has gotten so bad. wont by the stand alone game at launch becasue of it. not until I know I can play a game hacker free (for the most part)

cant play anymore hacking has gotten so bad. wont by the stand alone game at launch becasue of it. not until I know I can play a game hacker free (for the most part)
You're not the only one that feels this way.

it has gotten to the point for me that i am looking forward to war z i have had over 20 hacker incounters in the past week alone, been teleported, nuked, killed by immortal player which i shot 3 times with a AS 50, got dumped in the middle of the ocean, spawned at green mountain with every one else on the map. the list goes on friends of mine which i play with have lost the will to play the game properly. as you all mentioned dayz is a hack so its near impossible to stop these things from happening. im going to keep on trying to keep playing but it may loose me if this continues.

Battleye,We pray for you

Watch over us

Don't allow the Gods Kill Us

Don't allow we fall from heaven

Don't allow we are live buried

Protect Our gear From hackers

Protect our vehicles from radar

Protect us from explosion

And Ban then all

• Like 1

Battleye,We pray for you

Watch over us

Don't allow the Gods Kill Us

Don't allow we fall from heaven

Don't allow we are live buried

Protect Our gear From hackers

Protect our vehicles from radar

Protect us from explosion

And Ban then all

Battleye doesn't listen...

I dont see how "DayZ become a standalone" will improve anything regarding the hacking. If they wanna hack, they will do anything in any way they can to overcome the anti-cheat protection system, even if Rocket invent a new one.

Take a look at VAC and PunkBuster. Top two best(?) anticheating systems to date but still got cracked/hacked/smashed like it means nothing. CoD series, BF3 and many other games got hacked by several well known cheating sites so easily and they are still remain unbeat/undetectable for so long.

Seriously, I dont see how "DayZ become a standalone" can help/decrease/prevent this hacking fest.

Edited by ChozinOne

Today I decided to spend some time to check how the new version is running and how the game is proceeding. Started near Elektrozavodsk, someone shot at me while I was in the firestation tower, so I moved away southwards, moved further to Rog Castle, and then everyone was spawned into the same location, dropping down to death.

The last few times I died in DayZ was because of hackers and cheaters, so nothing has changed until now.

Conclusion: I'm out again for a few weeks or better months.

I'm going to attempt to get back into DayZ mod today, but all the scripting/hacking whatever you want to call it really killed it for me. My friends turned to the darkside because of it, they figured "Can't beat 'em? Join 'em!"...freakin' sucks cuz now I can't play with those jergoffs!! Oh also, it'd be nice to have private servers, hence an opportunity to stop hackers from ruining the game for people - I'd buy a server in a heartbeat if it could be marked private!! And frankly with the current state of the matter, private servers (PS) would be the only way to go - I'm pretty sure tons of people would buy PSs to actually be able to enjoy the game in peace. Though it would take out the PVP element and the uncertainty of being shot by someone (Correction: You always get shot by someone, my bad for making that incorrect statement haha!). I may be leading off the main topic of this post, but I think a couple other people in here have been having their little girl flaming wars, so at least I'm not that much off...rip me to shreds DayZ community :)

• Like 1

I'll ad my bit. Have played recently with a huge clan (averages 10 people on-line), On every Australian server we enter we get hacked, and I am talking 5-10 times a day for over a week. We can play on almost empty US server's but they still get hacked and if they don't there is no competition.

With all the item duping bugs being exploited (just about everyone has a 50 cal) and the 3d artifacts I have deemed the game un playable.

I am calling quits until this game is ironed out a bit more. (and I can buy a computer with decent fps at anything above low :P).

Whilst most bugs and glitches arn't a problem (it's only an alpha) the heavily exploitable ones combined with hackers completely unbalances the game and ruin the dynamics of gameplay

Great... just great... another hacker killed me... I was playing 17 days, got a lot of zombie and player kills. Got everything, cars, gps, nightvision, literally everything... And now I was walking throu village and sudenlly I spoted someone on the road, for about 400-500 meters before me. I shot the guy 2 magazines after he simply run into me with great speed and kill me with M1911. He was bleeding absolutely everywhere. Head, hand, stomach, legs my bullets from L85 should kill him. He just run into me and kill me with one shot! One SHOT! F**k this game... Its third time now, and with new, just relesed version 1.7.2.5... I'm done, bye. Hope that WarZ will be better.

Best way to avoid hackers. Go on low populated servers. Hackers never go on those.

Lol thats no solution thats trying to avoid problem and when many deside that the server that was low pop filling up become also hacker target. Only solution is ban all and get BETTER security battle eye sucks.

The graphic glitch (kind of acceptable)----the long loading (kind of acceptable)---hackers(damn serious)

some hours ago i was playing on a server...i got everything i needed...food... guns(alot :D) ... tools...I was ready to move up north BANNNG.... a hacker killed me

i reloged...run to my dead body scavenged myself...played another 2 hours...BANG... another hacker killed me

i didn’t gave up i ran to my body i wanted to scavenge myself and then disconnect...in middle of the way... BANG ...(you know who did it)

hackers ruin the sense of survival...I’m actually thinking of hacking myself...(when you can’t break them...join them )

This should be fixed

[edit] it wasnt a hack...some script kid...killed some of the players

Edited by pooya_gojee

Hence the necessity for a SP version in the stand alone. As long as there is a SP version that matches the MP version in gameplay I can always play when I want instead of having the problems associated with MP only games. For a game like DayZ it wouldn't be that hard to do at all, as proven by the previous SP version. For MP the ability to have a persistent character with permadeath will always be risky, and one reason why it hasn't really been attempted. 3 hives, one for SP, one for direct connect/LAN COOP, one for MP, with the ability to save your MP character to either the the SP or COOP hive upon the death of your MP character.

Hence the necessity for a SP version in the stand alone. As long as there is a SP version that matches the MP version in gameplay I can always play when I want instead of having the problems associated with MP only games. For a game like DayZ it wouldn't be that hard to do at all, as proven by the previous SP version. For MP the ability to have a persistent character with permadeath will always be risky, and one reason why it hasn't really been attempted. 3 hives, one for SP, one for direct connect/LAN COOP, one for MP, with the ability to save your MP character to either the the SP or COOP hive upon the death of your MP character.

thats really a good idea .....but.....if you have a single player you wont play on servers...so the chance of pirating will go high...

the win is in the online mp...

I agree, the game used to be fun surviving.. against zombies and players, pvp was intense a distant gun shot sent the heart racing... now i cant play the game as its players v hackers, theres no fun in surving, only fun in being carefree and running the cherno lose cannon road... this new hack that makes all trees and bushes, building disapear has killed it for me, great idea great game... but this isnt it anymore, unless the hackers are hammered, i see little point in playing, its a shame... 2 months ago i was hooked, now im sick that this has been allowed un monitored to run rampent, do a google search for ***s... its as if its apart of the game now... now new players are wanting to get an edge on those who cheat to get an edge to lvl the field. its out of control... i dont want to read about new hotfixes or new features.... i want to play dayz first.

As said before this is a huge issue that needs to stop.

but the arma engine is buggy mainly because it wasn't designed for Dayz.

But it does well.

the stand alone game should help with protection and genral workings day to day and it still being tested.

but hackers are boring children in basements with there thumb up the ass.

So all im trying to say is be calm screen shoot the lobby and email the team it might help work out the hackers

I have been killed by hackers 3 times since last night, and have come across 2 more that gave me a full loadout of guns and gear (which I disconnected and moved elsewhere as I did not want it) and the other was invis playing a creepy little girl voice.

The 2 non lethal hackers were at least decent enough not to just kill me, but the others did not even play around, instead just teleporting me and instant killing me. The othesr just did a mass server kill.

Hope you guys are getting your rocks off. It's all LOL until karma does something to you in real life....like maybe you don't wake up one night....get it?

I'm encountering hackers on low pop servers now too. I was in a room with 4 other people at 9 AM EST. I found some random player east of elecktro and he led me to a weapon crate he found on the beach. We were then promptly teleported into the sky and fell to our deaths past sheep with parachutes.

Then tonight I was on a server with around 18 people after fleeing from an invisible hacker on another server that kept following me around and shooting me. I found a flaming skyscraper just east of kamenka surrounded by buses and corpses. I got in a bus with my friends and happily drove it around until it blew up 10 minutes later. We respawned and discovered Elecktro and Balota were both completely on fire.

It was kind of amusing at first but the hacking is so out of control that when I join a random server it's more likely that I run into a hacker than not.