muniek85

How do i loose the chasing zombies?

Atm the only way i know is trough making them swim behind you and then going to shore first , run away and go prone. The other way i know requires special conditions too: a fence to jump trough and then breake the line of sight when you get some distance and crawl away.... Do you know some other ways to get away from the chase if there are no buldings, water and fences?

Run through trees or into a building and out the other side or around a building then walk or zig zagging up a hill

Edited by smasht_AU

You can even walk up a steep hill/mountain. Zombies walk slower than you up steep hills. (By the time you get up the hill you'll be able to run out of their sight)

Also what they said ^^

Edited by CerebralZombie
  • Like 1

Use trees or bushes which have branches that go all the way to the ground. Pine trees are good for this.

Hello there

Running into a house and then creeping into a neighbouring room and hunkering down, usually works for me.

rgds

LoK

Loosing them is pretty simple once you know how they work. In this game the Z's do a check roughly every 10 to 15 seconds to see if they can see or hear you, if they can't they go from agro mode back into patrol mode. The trick to loosing them is to make sure they can't see of hear you when they make the check.

To do this you need to break line of site and stop running so they can neither see or hear you. As others have said above, running through trees or into a building works. So does running behind a wall or even over the brow of a hill and dropping to the floor. As long they can't see or hear you your golden. :D

Edited by Talon2000uk

This one time..at band camp.. i was running down a steep hill and the zeds were chasing me and they seemed to not be able to handle the steep decline and they jumped past me and died...I have read this elsewhere as well.. i also believe they cant run on docks?

You should turn around and stare them out.Like any animal if they believe you are scarier than you then they will not attack.Stand meancing while staring them in their blood soaked eyes making lots of loud intimidating sounds.The zombie will then become fearful of you and walk away for easier pray.

Pretty much as the guys said break line of sight then go prone if the zombie doesnt see you he will wander off.Buildings and trees are perfect for you remeber forests are your friend

Pretty much as the guys said break line of sight then go prone if the zombie doesnt see you he will wander off.Buildings and trees are perfect for you remeber forests are your friend

Yeah well, its not that simple... Many times i broke line of sight, went prone and they exploded trough the trees/bushes and started to eat me when i was laying on the ground.

Loosing them is pretty simple once you know how they work. The trick to loosing them is to make sure they can't see of hear you when they make the check.

I see what you did there

I had a particular encounter with three Z's that resulted in me running up a hill, zig-zagging through trees only to see two of them still following me.

It may have just been some bad luck but I noticed every-time one of them stopped to survey the surroundings, the other would run at me leaving no time to escape.

I swiftly introduced them to my Enfield.. :D

This one time..at band camp.. i was running down a steep hill and the zeds were chasing me and they seemed to not be able to handle the steep decline and they jumped past me and died...I have read this elsewhere as well.. i also believe they cant run on docks?

I can confirm the running downhill...was running down a steep hill with 2 of them after me, all of a sudden they were in front of me, seemed to be like falling down and dieing cause of it...I was like "WTF...cool"

the trick is LOS (line of sight) once u run through a bush or around a corner they will lose sight of u and look around last place they saw you so if u run through a couple of bushes they will stop and derp :)

The most methods described here work well with the slow Zs but with the fast ones Iam not able to loose them as long as there is no building or a steep hill I can use for the run-down-exploit

Oops, I meant to say that this is the way that I use to loose them. Also, if you have two buildings that you can enter nearby - one of which you want to enter and loot - I go to the other one first, and exit after they enter and then move on to the target building. I almost always lose every zombie doing this.

"Fastest Way to lose Zombies in the Wilderness"

https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player

Edited by MickGinger0