Razzle Dazzle

To all server admins

I play dayz at night and my server gets hacked during the day most of the time, Since the bullshit rules for the server i pay for says i cant password the server to keep asshole hackers out , I am shutting my server down till i am ready to play and can monitor my server for hackers. Hackers cant hack the server if it isnt up lol

• Like 15

You could always be a rebel and break the rules like the other hundred or so

• Like 3

I play dayz at night and my server gets hacked during the day most of the time, Since the bullshit rules for the server i pay for says i cant password the server to keep asshole hackers out , I am shutting my server down till i am ready to play and can monitor my server for hackers. Hackers cant hack the server if it isnt up lol

I don't have the authority to do so, but the way I read the tea leaves, that will get you blacklisted in short order.

I don't have the authority to do so, but the way I read the tea leaves, that will get you blacklisted in short order.

Blacklist my server too I'm done paying for a cesspool you call a mod its not even playable anymore.

• Like 5

why pay for a server anyways numbers have dropped on many servers because of hackers, so im going to shutdown my server and when im ready to play ill bring it up and the public is welcome to play in it with me.

• Like 3

I have friends that just buy servers to hoard vehicles, Make a camp so no hacking fuckbag can get to it. They also shut it down when they are not on it etc. You know why?

Its called an Anti_Cheat measure. So no asshole faggit SKiddies come on the server and display how they took their dads credit card and wasted it on a game not to have fun themselves but to make everyone's day a shit tonne funner. Some hackers are cool. Like i saw the bus that went 400 Kph and he took us fir rides. Didnt give us any gear but was being kind. Some just are plain cruel immature children who thing playing CoD in dayZ works.

What ever the case. People do go to measures just to keep themselves safe.

• Like 3

Blacklist my server too I'm done paying for a cesspool you call a mod its not even playable anymore.

Though you quoted me, I don't think you read my post.

Also, it seems that about a million players, give or take, disagree.

Did the same thing with my server last night. Had "maphacking" so everyone could see tents, vehicles and other players combined with mass-teleporting to the centre of electro.

Restarted the server several times and even took it down for an hour or so to make them "lose interest", but to no avail. In order for players camps and vehicles not to get compromised I had to take the whole server down.

Sucks.

That is the only answer i have if there isnt a admin during the day to monitor the server then it shouldnt be up, If i get black listed for it then its one less server for the public to play in. need servers to play a mod unless devs are paying for servers now

• Like 2

Though you quoted me, I don't think you read my post.

Also, it seems that about a million players, give or take, disagree.

You made an indirect threat my response go ahead.

A million agree if all other stats that matter speak otherwise player retention is dropping like a rock players in the last 24 hours has been cut in half why don't you post a chart.

But keep enforcing your restrictive rules on the people who pay for servers they will be dropping soon enough.

Edited by ArtMike
  • Like 2

Not to argue with you directly but I don't believe the refined server hosting rules say I have to leave my server up 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Locking it is against the rules, but what leads you to believe I am required to leave the server up 24 hours a day?

I'm simply asking because we can barely keep control of our server environments even when we have active admins on and available. What we just leave it up when there are no admins at all and let our monthly payment fund a hacker free for all so we can log back in to a flaming mountain of helicopters and parachuting cows?

Seems a little unreasonable to me.

Edited by semipr0
  • Like 18

I also have to agree with the previous poster. I never read a rule in the agreement that states we'll get blacklisted if the server is shut down for a few hours a day.

I'm seriously tempted to have our server up only while admins are online also as I can get RCON working from work or dedicate the time to policing it remotely while working and the server is getting raped daily and I spend all night doing damage control instead of playing =/

• Like 1

I will not be renewing my server either. It's that bad that I'm just not willing to keep throwing good money after bad. Especially when there is no hope for any kind of help with the problem. Not from anyone.

Our community interest in dayz is dropping very quickly. 100% of the loss of interest in this is due to the non stop hacking. I don't blame them. Tough to test anything with all this crap going on.

Devs want bug reports and issues reported? Hackers are ruining the alpha test. Was that a bug? Who can tell anymore? Was it a bug or a hacker? At this point what is the difference?

• Like 8

I will not be renewing my server either. It's that bad that I'm just not willing to keep throwing good money after bad. Especially when there is no hope for any kind of help with the problem. Not from anyone.

Our community interest in dayz is dropping very quickly. 100% of the loss of interest in this is due to the non stop hacking. I don't blame them. Tough to test anything with all this crap going on.

Devs want bug reports and issues reported? Hackers are ruining the alpha test. Was that a bug? Who can tell anymore? Was it a bug or a hacker? At this point what is the difference?

Pretty much this

unplayable thanks hackers and no support from dayz... so we will go and make our server with a whitelist in some days and stop making public shit !

There's no rules to shutting it off. Do it. If they blacklist you, oh well. I got tired of the walking on eggshell feeling a long time ago.

• Like 4

Did the same thing with my server last night. Had "maphacking" so everyone could see tents, vehicles and other players combined with mass-teleporting to the centre of electro.

Restarted the server several times and even took it down for an hour or so to make them "lose interest", but to no avail. In order for players camps and vehicles not to get compromised I had to take the whole server down.

Sucks.

This is a definite downfall of having a "managed" server hosted by someone.

Sure every dedicated server can be blacklisted too, BUT I at least can go through my logs, find what I need, save the logs and issue my server ban etc. Submit info and wait for DayZmod/Battleye to do what they please.

No need to wait patiently while the hackers obliterate your server nonstop all because you have no power to do anything.

I dont remember reading the servers had to be online 24/7?

• Like 1

heres the problem both rcon and admin/side server does not work even when set properly ingame you cant login most of the time and when you do it will not change the hacking situation. ive been logged into admin several times while being hacked and have not been able to do a single thing. Had hackers change day/night cycles ingame in real time spawn weapons they no they arent gonna get caught and we as admins and server owners are helpless the fact that there are updates to BE doesnt change a thing if you cannot read the logs if they bypass it and thats what most if not all of the players are doing. continuously changing aliases and so forth its at the point were im paying for a server thats unplayable 24/7 hackers are winning sadly and and we are loosing this battle hence why im shutting down my server US 239. and forgive the runon sentences. tbh i understand the game is going standalone and im aware that their focused on $. at the moment and im also aware that Battle Eye is outdated software wed be better using norton anti-virus to stop hacking at this rate.

Edited by MovingShadow
  • Like 2

Yeah i decided my server is going down at the end of the month , most of my clan quit playing dayz because of the hackers and its just not fun anymore working for everything we found and then getting teleported, A hacker in my server moved vehicles to debug and then surrounded them with sandbags. No way of getting them out. But we got a dev on here bragging about 1 million players but there isnt a million servers, Only way i bring my server back is if its passworded, Devs need to quit the dumb rules and worry about saving there mod.I guess its going standalone anyways if arma 3 has client side scripting there wont be a point of buying standalone because it will be hacked the first day out.

• Like 2

I'd love to read your source that says we can't have our servers shut down when we aren't available to monitor them.

• Like 1

the only way to stop hacking is to shut down your server our server use to be constantly maxed out constantly updated but since the hacking the press release about mod going standalone im starting to think the dev team doesnt care anymore tbh i know the forums have been quiet for a while now server admins and players asking for help no response. without servers u have no players without players u no money without money u have no support and it trickles down. i understand its alpha but this is the longest alpha ive ever tested. 1000000 players x 30$ you do the math.

Server admins and owners are suffering the most remember that we host day z u get mod feedback its a double edge sword.

And i dont know about the rest of u server owners but 50$ a month plus for a game with no support for hacking u might as well give out ur bank account to hackers.

Edited by MovingShadow
  • Like 3