Sign in to follow this  
Sinsinful

Sniper on UK12 can go f~@% Himself!!!

So last night I start a new surviver. After 3 hours I had amassed the best gear Ive ever had. A Gullie suit, M16(which I actually had to drop an AK for in the same building), a bad full of food & drink, all sorts a meds inculding morphine, watch, knife. I was being extra carful getting meself out the big city I'd found all the gear in when all of a sudden my screen goes white on the outskirts near an apartment block. Guess who? Sniper!!!! Same thing happened my last geared surviver.

Now I had climed a building to scope the whole area out and find a safe way to leave. Seemed clear but as I said shot in the back from so far away I never even heard the shot.

How In the seven f~~Ks of hell are we ment to avoid this sorta end?

Listen I'm not crying. The guy took his time and played his role well. Just wana know how to stop it from happening? or at least make it happen less?

Edited by Sinsinful

Based on the loot you described, you're in Stary, Elektro, or Cherno.

Stop going there.

• Like 1

I started by this city and like i said best gear I've found. So yeah I'm going near this city again......

Where else could I go with no map to get good gear?

NW arifiled.Also,keep out from open spaces and conastantly hover over buidling tops,you will in 40 men server always have at least one sniper there ( like me somtimes :)

just checked a map. I think I was in Cherno. But If you cant go to these places how do u get geared?

Either find yourself some mates to travel with. Or hit up deer towers for weapons. Always be on your guard and avoid large cities. In the case you need supplies from them (Anti-Bio, blood packs, etc) then be on your guard with getting out of dodge as fast as you can.

Cherno and Electro are great for looting but don't climb buildings!! Why would you do that? Stay at ground level and keep moving, if you aggro Z's and you can't despatch them silently, get up and dodge you way north out of the city and into the trees. Once there don't stop running until you're sure you're alone, if you still have Z's walk backwards and shoot them.

So get in get out is the order of the day in big cities. Makes sense. Ok new plan, be the anoying guy takin pot shots at people from miles away!!!

Next question, Where am I finding my sniper rifle???

Edited by Sinsinful

Running around in the major cities has its drawbacks, as my contemporaries here have already stated. Stay low in the streets, hug walls and as soon as you get your gear do not stay even more than one single second more if you don't have to. If you play this game long enough you'll realize that snipers in order to get a good view of everything can only ever be in one, two spots per city. If you can shy away from rooftops stick to residentials and supermarkets you should be fine.

One last thing: military drops in Elektro and Cherno are the most camped places in the game world. If you want to survive to get inland, try not getting ANY guns in these cities. Get your Ghillie, basic weapon, bag, food and drinks, and equipment there yes. But the moment you go up to the second floor or higher in any of the firehouses or in any of the open streets near them you're just asking for it.

Yo yo...myself and 3 other Irish lads play on UK11 most nights, so pop on and give us a shout we can help out.

This info is all over the forums, but I'm going to make a short version here to help you get started.

1. Only go into big cities if you don't mind dying, because chances are you will die. When I respawn with nothing, I may run through Cherno and get out as fast as I can with decent gear, but I get sniped 50% of the time if there are more than 15 people on the server.

2. There is good loot in other places. Check your map for deer stands, smaller towns, and barns. Here is a map to help you find them: http://dayzdb.com/map#3.125.117 Look for the big green circles, those are high value barns and you can usually find Winchesters, Lee Enfields, CZ 550s, shotguns, and hatchets in them. Stay in the trees and follow the roads to find your destination. Every time you log in, the game tells you the name of the nearest town. With that information, you should never get lost.

3. If you really like finding loot quickly, go to a grocery store, but not in Cherno or Elektro. Those cities are too big and too close to the spawn points, so they are too crowded. Visit Zelenogorsk (northwest), Berezino (northeast), and the best, Polana (center of the map, slightly northeast). These towns are less likely to be guarded by cowards with sniper rifles.

4. All you really need to stay alive is a hatchet, hunting knife, matches, and a water bottle. This gives you heat, water, food, and blood. A gun is not necessary unless you intend to pick fights with people. Having one is handy for dealing with bandits, though.

5. You don't need a compass. http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/How_to_find_North

6. Appearances can be deceiving. The friendly noob with the hatchet may suddenly attack you, and the guy in the ghillie suit with the sniper rifle may be friendly (he may, in fact, be me). Don't turn your back on anyone.

7. Lose zombies by zigzagging uphill, by zigzagging through trees and bushes, or by simply running in one side of a building and out the other.

Follow those steps and you will live ten times longer. Just when you think you've got the game figured out, you will probably get sniped.

So last night I start a new surviver. After 3 hours I had amassed the best gear Ive ever had. A Gullie suit, M16(which I actually had to drop an AK for in the same building), a bad full of food & drink, all sorts a meds inculding morphine, watch, knife. I was being extra carful getting meself out the big city I'd found all the gear in when all of a sudden my screen goes white on the outskirts near an apartment block. Guess who? Sniper!!!! Same thing happened my last geared surviver.

Now I had climed a building to scope the whole area out and find a safe way to leave. Seemed clear but as I said shot in the back from so far away I never even heard the shot.

How In the seven f~~Ks of hell are we ment to avoid this sorta end?

Listen I'm not crying. The guy took his time and played his role well. Just wana know how to stop it from happening? or at least make it happen less?

Note, you won't hear the bullet that kills you, they travel faster than sound, and the game simulates this. Climbing high to scout out might seem like a good idea, but all it is doing is presenting yourself as an easy victim for snipers.

Remember the reason why the big cities always draw players to them, it is because there is a lot of good gear within close proximity of each other. So this is good and bad, personally I love it. Always a thrill going through the big cities, hearing flies and gunshots all around you.

If you avoid the big cities, then finding basic supplies will be more difficult. They will be further spread out, and the smaller towns do not have many buildings you can enter, so any Zeds chasing you will cause more inconvenience. Try and learn routes through the cities, making sure to go through the main buildings, such as the supermarket, fire station, and hospital.

Once you've got good gear, don't scout, just get while the getting is good. Try to use cover from any over-watch positions, and once past the places where you can be shot from, head north. The further from the coast you go, the less chances you will have of finding people. (outside the major cities or NW airfield of course).

Once you have general supplies, hitting up a few of the smaller towns inland is a good way to keep your blood pumping through your veins, just always be wary of other players, it is a big map yes, but they could be anywhere. Deer stands have potentially great loot, so check a map of deer stand locations, and try to get to a few if you don't have the weapons you want, or just want an upgrade.