Sign in to follow this  
iamblazelflack

Team Size?

Okay, so I have been thinking, I am in a squad of about 10-13 people with normally around 5 playing at a time. Now yes, 5 people is good for firefights/carrying equipment. But it gets annoying trying to make sure everyone is feed, watered, good blood level, okay weapons and ammo( OH and don't get me started on who wants what! "HE TOOK MY GHILLIE, HE TOOK MY COYOTE"). And something always seems to go wrong, example, the other day we were playing and we all spawn in. I am passed out in Berzino, one is at the NW Airfield, one is at Gorka, and the other is in Stary Sobor. So we have to round everyone up and then we are back to the food issue. Idk I am thinking, wouldn't it be more convenient to have just you and one friend, maybe two? That way you aren't fighting over weapons and you only have to worry about two people being good blood and etc.And with two people with tactics you can probably win most firefights. What do you guys think?

I run a group of three. Perfectly happy with it. We're all IRL friends though too.

I'm usually with 2 or 3, not real life friends but we have known each other for years.

Full group of about 7-8 people that play fairly regularly, but it's usually a group of 3-4 together at a time which is what I like.

Enough for a decent fire team (though it tends to help scare off most competition to avoid it) and enough to have a decent loot load without being stressed for resources.

As you say, it's more easy coordinate the actions of two guys, and also know where is each all the time. i think this it's more important than numerical superiority in a firefight or ambush

13, wow is does sound like a headache.

I played solo for the first 4 months or so, finally convinced a friend to play and just starting out it's a bit of a hassle with the need to find food etc.

i'm in a group of nearly 10 people..we used to run all together when we first started,but now we are splitting,it came naturaly.2 guys run together all the time,they communicate really good,me and 2 more guys usualy run together,and the rest play pretty much on their own,they join us if we are close and stuff,and we help with gear and stuff.i think that a group of 5 is good as long as you can communicate.Me and 2 of my mates took down a group of 5 best-geared guys,they could be hackers,but they had the best loot,all of them snipers,tons of ammo and stuff.they had better gear and they were more but we communicated better,one flanked them,the second just run straight to them surprising them and i stayed back covering my guys and supresing the enemies,so my mates can go closer..you may run with 2 or 10 guys,if you have good communications you will play good!just make clear to everyone that they play as a group and they have to support the group,and bitching doens't help!

Yes 13 is such a headache you have no idea, this is all I hear. "WE GOTTA GO TO THE AIRFIELD, NOW TO BERZINO, THEN BACK TO AIRFIELDS, OMG GUIZE I FOUND A WEAPON DO YOU WANT IT LET ME PUT IT IN MY PACK WHOOPS IT FELL THROUGH THE FLOOR AGAIN"

3 is good, having 5 or more, just makes me want to ambush and kill that group... Unless your going to have some sort of gang war in cherno/elektro/etc. against another clan. I don't really see the fun/challenge in rolling around with that big a group.

If i had 13 ppl i would set up teams and start a war with each other.

Two is fine. From my small experience in the game though, Ive found having a sniper, Machine gunner, assualt player and a "zombie dealer with" player really good. Machine gunner can lay down suppressive fire, Zombie dealer can deal with the aggro (and deal with it before it happens if he has a silenced weapon) and the assualt player can push up and deal with closer ranges. The "Zombie dealer with" should babysit the sniper.

I find Snipers in this game way too strong though. Seriously two of these in a squad can be a real nightmare.

Depending on how many players you have and how they are kitted out just provides some limitations on what you should and shouldn't do.

Edited by sostronk

There is like 20 in my group, at around 7-8PM there is about 10-15 People online and then a bit later the rest come online, it can be hard to find where everyone is and pick everyone up etc but we have 2 helicopters and multiple cars so it's not too difficult we have no trouble when it come's to giving directions or spotting players, because there is so many of us people tend to try stay away as we all run together.

Edited by Authentic92

Ive only played solo so far since my friends think that arma is a "wierd army game". Nevertheless, i think 3-4 is the optimal squad. 13 is a pain haha.

Edited by SniFF

I was running with a few friends (2-4 at any given time) but they all got sick of getting killed by scripters and quit. So now I am flying solo it seems....