Xianyu

Near hits should cause shock status

Like the title says.

Lookit this:

A little after the minute mark, you can clearly hear a .50 round crack past my characters head. It was CLOSE.

Near hits like that should cause shock status. Why? because as soon as I ran into the trees, I could have logged off, without consequence. I didn't log off though, I ran further down to that barn and took cover to see if he would follow. He didn't.

It's not in the vid, but about 3 seconds after the video ends, the zombies in the server dropped from 52 to 25 or so in an instant. The little bitch logged off when he couldn't kill me.

but if you're shooting at someone with a .50, they shouldn't be able to abort without consquence. I mean, shit, at any point during my run, I could have logged off and escaped harm. Easily. And then logged back in on another server without a care in the world.

• Like 1

No thanks, play Battlefield 3 if you want a suppression mechanic, worst idea ever

It did cause shock status.. Did you not notice how you started running in weird patterns with no concern to what was around you... I'd say you looked very shocked.

• Like 1

if a bullet went past my head personally it will get the adrenaline running not cause me to go into shock...

Shock status is specifically there to disincentivise people logging out. I had no disincentive to log out when he shot at me. And yeah, I was 'shocked'. I was also zigzagging to try NOT to get hit by the rounds that do 37,000 damage no matter where they hit you.

And it worked.

But the thing is, if I was one of these CoD kiddies that LITTER this game, I could have logged out and ghosted somewhere behind the sniper and then killed him. Even though he was putting .50 rounds past my FACE.

It's not a fucking supression mechanic. It doesn't blur your screen. It doesn't force you to take cover. It's a little icon that says 'hey bro, you better not log out right now, or you're gonna log in face down in the dirt :) '

You could have logged out.. and been globally banned with proof.. I guess they are still working that out

And the sniper who logged out after shooting at me? I'm suggesting near hits causes shock status because it PREVENTS you from logging out. how many people are actually running fraps when a firefight goes down? It was pure luck that I captured all of this. I've lost track of the amount of times I've seen people say shit like 'I shot at him, missed, and he just logged out'. If near his caused shock status, those stories wouldn't happen any more. It'd be 'I shot at him, missed, and then he ran for a good five minutes before being able to log out.'

You should probably be aware that a single makarov round hitting you in the pinkie causes shock status.

if a .50 passes near your head you die, but to me shock is a good idea..and you actually are shocked when someone shoots you in dayz...specially when you're not seeing someone from a long time

It did cause shock status.. Did you not notice how you started running in weird patterns with no concern to what was around you... I'd say you looked very shocked.

What this guy said. He and some others are right.. it shouldnt cause " ingame shock "

You just get shit scared yourself and then you're worried/paranoid. As what happen to yourself :D

Sounds like what the OP wants is some kind of suppression mechanic?

Ever been shot in game before? I'm willing to bet you have.

There's a little white icon that shows up, above the 'broken bone' icon, whose single purpose is to stop you logging out while under fire. Why? Because then you can simply log out, go to a different server, and patch yourself up. No if you're in shock. If you log out, when you log back in, you'll be unconscious for a good five minutes.

It's not supression. It doesn't limit you in ANY SINGLE WAY, except to stop you from logging off. It happens EVERY TIME you get shot. Give your buddy a makarov, ask him to shoot you in the leg. Now go log off and then log back in. Look what happens.

If you got shock status for near misses with rounds, it'd stop a LOT of this alt + f4 garbage. I was out in that feild. If I was quick, I could have logged out and got away scot free. I am not, however, an alt F4ing little bitch.

It's. Not. Fucking. Supression.

I'm honestly SURPRISED that this hasn't been implimented already.

Edited by Xianyu

It seems most of the respondents are confused what the OP meant, it's a status effect which either:

A. Does not allow you to log out after firing or being fired at

B. Keeps you logged into the game while shock status is in effect

C. Kills you instantly if you log out while status is in effect

It very well could be something else altogether, but the point is a mechanic which makes logging out from a firefight detrimental to your survival.

*edit* He cleared it up before I posted.

Edited by Mister Motivational

No thanks, play Battlefield 3 if you want a suppression mechanic, worst idea ever

Worst reply.

Read the topic title, it even says shock status.

for crying out loud, NOOBS read this:

SHOCK STATUS: An icon that indicates you will faint the next time you log in, if you log out in any way. you'll be fainted for 3 or 5 minutes, can't remember.

i like this idea of this thread! should be for sure. :)

If a bullet/z swipe passes close enough it will flash my screen white and put up the shock icon even if it does no damage.

It has to be pretty close though.

Your servant,

Weld