Sign in to follow this  
Verticalslum

M4A1 HOLO or M4 CCO SD ?

I infiltrate the densely populated Northern aifield today and got M4SD and M4HOLO and coyote pack.

I kept both weapons and hightail out of there(i got all these from corpses). Now that im so very far away i'm starting to feel that having two weapons of the same sort is a little redundant.

So i need opinion on which one to keep? and which one is the rarest of both?

thank you in advance

Edited by Verticalslum

I'm not sure wich one is rarer, but take the M4 CCO SD I have a normal M4 CCO and the sight is bloody amazing, Don't know about which is rarer but i'm gonna say the M4 CCO SD as it has a silencer, just take what you have more ammo with.

Go with the SD. It is SO nice to not have to alert every zomboid in a twenty mile radius when you need to kill only one. Plus, you'll look uber l337 rollin' around with your silenced rifle.

I got equal amount of ammo for both weapon at this time, 6 mag each

Go with the SD. It is SO nice to not have to alert every zomboid in a twenty mile radius when you need to kill only one. Plus, you'll look uber l337 rollin' around with your silenced rifle.

The HOLO got grenade launcher, pretty good-easy to aim sight and a flashlight, it also got camo and i find it bad ass also. I rarely use my weapon since i got Ghillie suit, i observe and slip away most of the time.

Im really after weapon that, when i do need shoot it should be massive force multiply. Grenade laucher of the holo do just that, I pop smoke round and run while getting shot at by snipers while i was on my way out of the airfield and that alone makes me appreciate the M4holo a little bit more right now :)

Edited by Verticalslum

The SD, having an SD weapon when moving around is great. Especially if you agro 1 zombie and dont want to tell everyone else where you are. That m4sd is "THE" gun for a lot of players.

SD, if I'm not mistaken the HOLO sight is kinda off, I read it somewhere in the forums not to long ago unless they fixed it

Would much rather have the Holo. If you need a silenced weapon grab a m9sd. Having a GL that you can go to when shit hits the fan is pretty nice.

• Like 2

Oh yeah I just realized why don't you keep both? If you have an alice pack you should have the space. Just keep 5 mags each.

Well saying you have same Ammo and the HOLO has a noob tube I would personally go with that, you could use it ALOT if you need a Silenced wep grab a M9SD.

Well saying you have same Ammo and the HOLO has a noob tube I would personally go with that, you could use it ALOT if you need a Silenced wep grab a M9SD.

This. Holo is better and more rare. Effective range of M4 SD is around 150m and that means you won't be able to kill any player and defend yourself.

It's up to you. If you want to kill some zeds silently go with SD, if you want to survive longer than a day go with holo.

Edited by Alsmir

Had both for some time i,d roll with the M4A1 CCO SD every time without doubt, better sights and the silencer is the most useful feature. GL is pretty much a novelty the HOLO sights are not that good compared to the CCO.

M9SD is a pea shooter with terrible iron sights.

Finding an M4A1 CCO SD is kind of my wet dream so I'd definitely keep that one. But if it doesn't suit your play style then don't keep it. Think you've answered your own question by saying you want the GL for when shit hits the fan.

SD. Silenced weapons are great, and the M4 CCO SD is probably the best silenced weapon in game.

i dont like the sd-weapons: you need SD-ammo to use it (sd-ammo is rare compared to the normal mags) and it does not have the same power as the unsilenced weapon. I can easily loose zombies anywhere so I woild keep the Holo.

M4A1 CCO SD is quite awesome against players as well, it does 2700 damage compared to the Holo which does 3500. And it's very nice being able to shoot zombies/other players without notifying the entire city where you are. And whoever said "if you want to survive more than 1 day go with the Holo" couldn't be more wrong! ;p

I have had a holo for the last 6 days. It is hands down my fav weapon. m4sd is Great for its Super slow Rounds. You want a Quiet weapon. Find a m9sd. Dont waste your Primary weapon on a POS.

@ the guy that says the sight is off. No it isnt.

Thank you for the quick responses you guys.

I've tested the holo sight accuracy and its not off as some stated. In matter of fact its quite accurate compared to the sight of M4SD.

I tested hitting a goat at around 300 meter, the M4SD i had to aim a bit higher to hit the goat. While the M4 Holo is pretty much spot on.

3 round of M4 SD to hit the goat at 300 meter; also seems to have a slight delay before the round hit the target, might be the fact that its fired sub sonic round.

1 round of M4 HOLO to hit the similar range target.

Silence isnt all that important to me because i tend avoid settlement and high value area as much as i can and i dont engage in any pvp activity unless fired upon.

Regular 5.56 ammunition is way easier to came across than SD ammunitions, and when i do get to Starry Sobor m203 grenade launcher round are abundant as well.

I rather have something than can keep on shooting and push back anyone with bad intentions with overwhelming firepower. the more round i can put down range makes me appears to be tougher opponent than i acually am. If i get pin down i can resort to smoke grenade which i always keep two with me. As much as i want to keep the SD in the coyote pack and take it out once inside the urban area I think i'll be better off with sniper of sort as a secondary weapon.

Anyway I'll gladly trade m4sd with 6 full magazine for NVG or GPS, i never seems to found those anywhere. Dont worry about getting shot in the back, Im not a bandit or anything like that. PM me if you are interested. (PS. IF you try to back stab me dont even bother, my 3 sniper friends will pick you and your friends out with their AS50 and range finder, dont even bother with that)

Skype name is theinmono

Steam is Radiosonghead

Edited by Verticalslum
  • Like 1

one of the reasons I love this game so much, the choice depends on your game play style and both are great weapons... I've only had the SD of the 2, but would love to see a holo just to try it.

I would get which ever one you dont want to a buddy or stash it in a tent asap... I cannot tell you how many weapons have gone missing from my backpack due to hive desync or whatever causes it. (Seems to happen most when a server crashes in my experience). Keep which ever one you want more in your hands.

Last time I had the SD I had well over 200 (with almost all of the headshots) zed kills, I find the zeds WAY easier to deal with when you have a silencer... just drag em into a large building and plink em off one by one, and let looting commence.

Holo is rarer in my experience, and ammo is more abundant/common. It's a beast gun.

Silence isnt all that important to me because i tend avoid settlement and high value area as much as i can and i dont engage in any pvp activity unless fired upon.

Regular 5.56 ammunition is way easier to came across than SD ammunitions, and when i do get to Starry Sobor m203 grenade launcher round are abundant as well.

I rather have something than can keep on shooting and push back anyone with bad intentions with overwhelming firepower. the more round i can put down range makes me appears to be tougher opponent than i acually am. If i get pin down i can resort to smoke grenade which i always keep two with me. As much as i want to keep the SD in the coyote pack and take it out once inside the urban area I think i'll be better off with sniper of sort as a secondary weapon.

inb4 OP says, "Despite my meticulous theory crafting I was headshot by someone I never saw."

inb4 OP says, "Despite my meticulous theory crafting I was headshot by someone I never saw."

Sorry to dissapoint you but i havent die in months, I travel in a group of five, all in ghillie, all with extremely rare gear, if anything its us that do the never-saw-shooting. I just looking for a gun that fill the role within the group, that theory crafting is based on real life approach to squad base firefight, if its work there should work in game too.

But never mind that now cos I'm using LA85A2 AWS so, still the person who do the never-saw-shooting shooting.

Edited by Verticalslum