Sign in to follow this  
Seance (DayZ)

Spending more time in loading screen then in game

So yeah is it just me or am I the only one having 10-20 minute loading screens or just alt tabbing out after 10 minutes and finding another server to 90% of the time getting the same results.

• Like 2

Load times are pretty ridiculous sometimes, however 10-20 just doesn't seem right.

I've found that you can get stuck on loading if your Mod file versions do not match the servers. As an example, I'm running 1.7.2.4 and if I attempt to join a server that says 1.7.2.3 I will get stuck on the loading screen indefinitely.

Be sure to look at what version of the mod the server you're trying to connect to is running.

You can also try putting " -world=Chernarus" without the "" marks in the shortcut at the end of the target field before or after the "-nosplash". This will tell ArmA2 to preload the Chernarus map and keep it loaded so you don't have to load it everytime you log into a new server.

• Like 1

yup been even worst since he changed the loding screen to the day z screen in the last update...donno why

are they gona fix it anytime soon??/ this is the reason y i dont want to play dayz......

If you are not from the US, have you tried US servers? They are much faster since the hive is located there

I was having the same problem until i came along a post. if your using the steam version you just go to advanced properties and let it verify the integrity of game files.

I've noticed the loading times have something to do with the current population of the server and/ or how long has been since the last server restart.

Welcome to DayZ. :P

293a6hk.jpg

+1.

Loading times are quite long lately. Alt tab, knock a fap out, have a read of the news, back in 20 minutes and you should be in.

Personally if the load is taking more than 5 minutes, I just exit out of the game and try a different server. I've had times where I was stuck in loading for over 30 minutes so I don't bother waiting it out anymore.

You can also try putting " -world=Chernarus" without the "" marks in the shortcut at the end of the target field before or after the "-nosplash". This will tell ArmA2 to preload the Chernarus map and keep it loaded so you don't have to load it everytime you log into a new server.

The game loads Chernarus only once, so after successfully joining a server once (or using that start command) it won't affect your load times. Besides, the part where people tend to get stuck is where the client is communicating with the server, so there's little you can do client side.