unhap

Global Bans for legit players?

Nope

Nope.

Nope, your call.

Nope.

All BE is saying is that they're looking into it. Pretty much like they say on their website...

wow, posting your opinion without any logical backup, way to go boy

If you haven't been banned, dont belong to Dayz staff, BI or BE then yes you may participate but I would definatley call it sticking your nose in to something you have no knowledge / care over.

This affects the whole community, if it's as you say false, then it has the potential to affect everyone. It also has the effect of giving many who are fed up with hackers some joy if it is true. So saying this doesn't affect anyone if ridiculous, you just don't want anyone who isn't appearing to be on your side to post here by the looks of things, which again doesn't help your cause as it smacks of the same narrow-mindedness you claim others are portraying.

Its like me seeing a parking ticket guy and the person who he is giving the ticket to, going over there and saying "Ive had a ticket before so blah blah blah i know what im talking about blah blah blah". Of course you may join in the conversation (human rights, freedom of speech and all that), still sticking your nose in to something that really doesn't concern you at all though.

A strawman, and a very badly constructed one doesn't help either, it's not at all "like" the above, you want to know "what it's like" ?, it's like a bunch of cheats got caught and are very upset.

I can say that those who are interested in this, and have tried to be less judgmental will be remembering the very convincing stories here and will be much quicker to just write everyone off as hackers the next time anything like this happens, by the same token that cuts both ways, if this is shown to be an actual BE mistake, then many of us would be glad to eat our words. But right now, it looks legit.

Have to add, sorry for being spiteful but : If this is legit, I will most certainly piss my pants laughing so hard . . . . . . .

Edited by Psyl3nt

No not really, your diverting from the subject, Origin? what? HijackThreadPls

If you want to talk about some random unrelated Origin thing (that has already hijacked this thread enough), go make your own thread.

Sure wasnt me who brought up Origin or sustained the conversation at first. It was suggested employment history there implied knowledge of BE/Arma or security in general? Its some shitty bloatware? I for one saw some holes in that story and i spoke out. deal with it bro

If you haven't been banned, dont belong to Dayz staff, BI or BE then yes you may participate but I would definatley call it sticking your nose in to something you have no knowledge / care over.

Strange because as I said I beat them to the statement on cdkey, I already knew this as a fact because I am familiar with the series prior to DayZ. I also wrote it about 20 pages back, before today.

i am literally rubbing my nose in your face right now, eskimo style

Nope

Nope.

Nope, your call.

Nope.

All BE is saying is that they're looking into it. Pretty much like they say on their website...

I admit maybe admissin is a bit strong but even thier website states;

"Note that you will not receive a response if the evidence clearly indicates that you or someone else using your cd-key cheated. It doesn't matter if you only cheated on your own private server. Cheating on BE-enabled servers is forbidden, period."

to me it seems they are replying because even they see its a pretty heavy response to all these bans

Just as an aside, the Battleye message that was pumping out to the servers about 11,000 cheaters banned since June 15 etc, now has been changed to this;

Untitled-2-45.jpg

Hopefully it means progress for you guys.

Beans for you dud.

From the BI Forum:

$able wrote this (Battle Eye dev)

Hey everyone, we're aware of the global banning issue and are investigating since yesterday. Appropriate action will be taken if a false-positive scenario is found. If that is indeed the case I'm terribly sorry for it and will take measures to prevent this from happening in the future. I will write again once more is known.

On another note, it is not possible for a hacker to get an innocent player globally banned. I have read this many times now, but I want everyone to know that this is not possible. The BE global ban system is protected against that.

dont forget this post

they stated that they are looking into it, and if they find an error, they'll fix it

however, if someone stole your cd-key, you are basically f*cked

Well im at work and cant be arsed to argue all day.

I asked for this thread to become more informative and got suckered into being trolled by someone who had other ideas.

To be honest this thread shouldn't be about peoples opinions on whos legit and whos not, what peoples interpretation of words are and just general crap spurting from every orifice.

I dont care how much knowledge you have over CD keys or beating people to the post, i just want people to recognise that hey just maybe something has gone wrong since yesterday and we will shut up until its conclusion either way.

you win your a better troller than i ever suspected, congratulations

Doughnut

I asked for this thread to become more informative and got suckered into being trolled by someone who had other ideas.

do you mean dmex? the guy who came in here derailing about Origin to further the dereail about cd key theft? that really informative bullshit was helping you somehow?

get a clue

wow, posting your opinion without any logical backup, way to go boy

It's not opinion, it's correcting false statements. If you actually need it backed up, I'll get out my spoon.

The first is explained at the bottom. No admission. They're looking at it as they would've due to the mails received.

It is not "totally open source". Or even "open source". If I'm wrong, please provide me with a link to the source.

Where has BIS said that they expect anyone banned or worried about bans to buy their standalone game?

And it's certainly no bug that people are banned. There's excessive cheating going on and no indication that it is a bug/false positivies.

i just think your bumping your post count now.

cant be bothered explaining something you will never fathom.

Doughnut

ROFL. now that is an admission

• Like 1

admission of what?

defeat of your logic and the fallacy of everything you have written

• Like 1

i expect an apology when Im unbanned

An apology for pulling up some bullshit about hackers using your cdkey ? or a guys story about origin and that meaning what he says is true? i wont be apologising for any of that

• Like 1

Your welcome :)

aEd9n.jpg

Edited by rinsa

Hell, battleye kicks me from the game when i try to access server controls(script restriction #54), and it's annoying as shit.

My guess is that your server got 'hacked', there is a malicious script out there that can be upload to servers and all it does is kick people that try to access the in game admin panel.

Try FTP'ing or contacting your server host to remove all scripts found on your server.

or a guys story about origin and that meaning what he says is true? i wont be apologising for any of that

What I've said is true and a better question than yours would be: why would I give out information about my employment with EA, my job description, links to my official developer profile and other information after getting caught cheating?

Would I not rather keep this information secret so nobody else knew an employee of EA was cheating? (Note: We can lose our jobs for hacking/cheating.)

For some sane reason, I'd rather be vindicated and get my account back and than being listed as a cheater, I'd hardly want to give out information about who I am and whom I work for after getting caught, so one would assume (at least some of) these bans are illegitimate.

What I'd like know is a timeframe on getting my account back :(

Edited by dmex
  • Like 5

What I've said is true and a better question than yours would be: why would I give out information about my employment with EA, my job description, links to my official developer profile and other information after getting caught cheating?

Would I not rather keep this information secret so nobody else knew an employee of EA was cheating? (Note: We can lose our jobs for hacking/cheating.)

For some sane reason, I'd rather be vindicated and get my account back and than being listed as a cheater, I'd hardly want to give out information about who I am and whom I work for after getting caught, so one would assume (at least some of) these bans are illegitimate.

What I'd like know is a timeframe on getting my account back :(

few points

i clicked your name and there is no trail to follow

also, origin isnt what fights hacking in bf3 - its punkbuster. origin is for delivering DLC. that was the most obvious give away you are full of shit, because you attempted to suggest it was about security and if anything it is bloatware that poses a security risk.

you have also just said ea games employers would be fired for hacking. that is something only a teenager at best could come up with. on the on hand they use cheats to determine updates and on the other they would never terminate a contract for hacking on a video game.

its obvious. you are a multi accounter. you are trying to pose as a security expert from the big boy company to further troll the forum

just not buying it. and anyway, you came here talking shit about origin to then backup the claims cd keys were being stolen by hackers. eee wrong,

this dood again.

clatterbridge seriously you haven't said a single thing that helps anyone here.

and your mother hates you. so does mine. leave and hit puberty. thanks

• Like 2