unhap

Global Bans for legit players?

I'm unbanned here as well :)

I would still like some sort of official statement saying "we found the problem it's safe to play now"

Edited by unhap

I would still like some sort of official statement saying "we found the problem it's safe to play now"

If we get something like that, I'll be sure to echo it around.

"Ok, finally here is an update: I investigated this with the help of Ondřej Španěl / Suma (BIS lead programmer) and we found that there is a possibility of a race condition on BE's side during the game's disconnect process. It can essentially destroy the integrity of the environment that BE expects and trigger a certain detection. The problem has been fixed and all of bans of the past two days that could have been triggered by such a condition have been removed. There might still be cheaters among those, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that the innocent players should be unbanned now.

I'm honestly deeply sorry for this and will do everything to ensure that something like this won't happen again."

The issue is cleared up and I couldn't be happier. thanks dingus for being the voice of reason.

So i pose the question who is man enough to admit they did all of us wrong and apologize for calling us hackers?... repeatedly.

also dingus the quote from above is on the next page of the post you linked

Edited by jesustheripper

The issue is cleared up and I couldn't be happier. thanks dingus for being the voice of reason.

So i pose the question who is man enough to admit they did all of us wrong and apologize for calling us hackers?... repeatedly.

Alright I'll go look it up. Hopefully we can put this behind us now.

"Ok, finally here is an update: I investigated this with the help of Ondřej Španěl / Suma (BIS lead programmer) and we found that there is a possibility of a race condition on BE's side during the game's disconnect process. It can essentially destroy the integrity of the environment that BE expects and trigger a certain detection. The problem has been fixed and all of bans of the past two days that could have been triggered by such a condition have been removed. There might still be cheaters among those, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that the innocent players should be unbanned now.

I'm honestly deeply sorry for this and will do everything to ensure that something like this won't happen again."

So after:

1. The DayZ forums branding everyone who was banned a witch, and

2. A member of the BIS staff himself posting here insisting no innocents were harmed

We hear BattlEye had a bug and did ban some people by accident.

Could anyone be less surprised? Anyone? It was obvious all along.

Edit: I do, however, want to thank BattlEye for all the legitimate bans against hackers.

Edited by Ulfhedjinn

Here's an official update from Battleye

Ok, finally here is an update: I investigated this with the help of Ondřej Španěl / Suma (BIS lead programmer) and we found that there is a possibility of a race condition on BE's side during the game's disconnect process. It can essentially destroy the integrity of the environment that BE expects and trigger a certain detection. The problem has been fixed and all of bans of the past two days that could have been triggered by such a condition have been removed. There might still be cheaters among those, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that the innocent players should be unbanned now.

I'm honestly deeply sorry for this and will do everything to ensure that something like this won't happen again.

This is from Battleye's $able, source below.

http://forums.bistud...l=1#post2204875

I will leave the thread alone for a little while so people have the chance to see what's going on.

But, Is using the latest beta patch safe now? Or does it still ban, even though we are unbanned now.

Face it, you got banned for a reason, Battleye must have just did a ban sweep around the new patch 95777. If it was a bad patch that is causing the ban, everyone, or at least a lot more players would be complaining about being banned.

Go hack another game noobs, instead of crying on the forums here.

-edit- The thread doesn't need anymore of this. -Dingus Edited by Dingus

I played for ~45 mins without issue.

I'm going to unsubscribe from this trollfest thread now.

All the disbelievers can eat a dick.

You know. as a server admin and a great believer in on-line anti-cheat I have said right from the off, I never want to see someone innocent banned. So if it is now sorted and you're unbanned I am pleased for you.

Here's an official update from Battleye

This is from Battleye's $able, source below.

http://forums.bistud...l=1#post2204875

I will leave the thread alone for a little while so people have the chance to see what's going on.

Just read that and to be honest, good on BE. As we always said over at PsB "We'd rather see a cheater go free than an innocent person banned."

JUSTICE !!

I'm unbanned ,

fuck u BE !

Psyl3nt hope you die in pain. Spam all the thread we are hacker etc >_<

Actually BE is the one who unbanned you. So I wouldn't say that shit.

This is fantastic news! :) Now I can stop being the asshole I'm normally not. Thank you, Bastian! Now to reset my game version and update to 415!

Bastian can have my IRL beans. :beans:

Actually BE is the one who unbanned you. So I wouldn't say that shit.

Yep and it's the same one who ban me for no reason.

I got the same Global Ban as every "legit player" got then i realized that i didn't even want to complain about... why? to get back to a game where 60 ~ 70% of the player are using hacks, scripts, cheats or whatever its called? I guess not! the mistake was made when I decided to buy Arma 2: CO, don't get me wrong cuz the simulator/game is fine, i really loved the game it self but the actual situation makes me quit the game and the ban just did the last move. Let's hope the standalone version just do better.

I got the same Global Ban as every "legit player" got then i realized that i didn't even want to complain about... why? to get back to a game where 60 ~ 70% of the player are using hacks, scripts, cheats or whatever its called? I guess not! the mistake was made when I decided to buy Arma 2: CO, don't get me wrong cuz the simulator/game is fine, i really loved the game it self but the actual situation makes me quit the game and the ban just did the last move. Let's hope the standalone version just do better.

60-70%? Tell us more. :lol:

Not everybody who kills you is using cheats, you know.

60-70%? Tell us more. :lol:

Not everybody who kills you is using cheats, you know.

Yeah I know that well, that why I keep my ass away from the major cities, 90% of the time that i got killed it's just in the middle of nowhere from the void probably, no gunshot or just a bomb or just got turned into super-man... things like that

Wonder if all those haters that call everybody hackers will man up and aplolgize... but im guessing im expecting too much...

• Like 5

Kudos to BE for getting this resolved so quickly....great job.

For all those who had been banned who are now demanding apologies from those who didn't believe them....

I hope you all submitted an apology to BE for calling them bad people who would never admit to a mistake...among many other nasty things :)

Have a nice life you impatient, petulant whiners :)

Edited by playZ

So glad they fixed it..... i was worried i would get baned for no damn reason other then i wanted to play that day