unhap

Global Bans for legit players?

As the situation seems to have resolved itself, I will close this thread.

Battleye has a news post regarding the issue, please review it.

http://battleye.com/index.html

If you have any further problems with Battleye global bans, please seek their support.

As a reminder, Day Z does not have any input or influence over Global Bans and appeals for such should not be directed to our forums.

Thanks. - Dingus

Ok, finally here is an update: I investigated this with the help of Ondřej Španěl / Suma (BIS lead programmer) and we found that there is a possibility of a race condition on BE's side during the game's disconnect process. It can essentially destroy the integrity of the environment that BE expects and trigger a certain detection. The problem has been fixed and all of bans of the past two days that could have been triggered by such a condition have been removed. There might still be cheaters among those, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that the innocent players should be unbanned now.

I'm honestly deeply sorry for this and will do everything to ensure that something like this won't happen again.

This is from Battleye's $able, source below.

http://forums.bistud...l=1#post2204875

-EDIT for newcomers to the thread- Dingus

I got a global ban today and absolutely have not ever touched any hacks or scripts or anything of the sort.

I am at a loss right now...I feel like I've had money stolen from me. I only registered on the forums today to see if anyone else was in the same boat. There is a whole thread on reddit where people are saying the same thing.

http://www.reddit.co...4r/global_bans/

This needs to be looked into. This many legit players being banned - something has got to be wrong with battle eye. It's almost laughable...you go play the game and it's goddamn infested with hackers and then legit players get banned....and i don't have a little brother who was playing on my computer to get it banned.

Alot of theories seem to be popping up but I never touched Lingor or custom skins either. I'm on beta patch 95724 and use DayZCommander to launch the game.

I'm making this post to see if other players here have also encountered this - please speak up if so.

edit: If you have nothing to add other than "stop complaining" please do not respond. This post is for discussion with people in the same boat as myself. I really don't need to be told to suck it up.

Edited by Dingus
  • Like 13

So make a new thread about it..

Seriously, appeal the ban or buy another key. Then move on.

• Like 1

CONTACT BATTLEYE.

That's the first thing I did obviously. I doubt they're going to be receptive though.

So make a new thread about it..

Seriously, appeal the ban or buy another key. Then move on.

I made a thread about it because I want to see how many other legit players are getting bans from battle eye. I want to see if this is a widespread error as I suspect.

Obviously I am not going to buy a new key if the game is just banning people that are not hackers. a) I would feel robbed if I get banned by THEIR system and then pay THEM money to get access again. That's a fuckign racket. B) who's to say that I won't just get banned again? Then I'd be down another $30

Edited by unhap
  • Like 7

I'll believe it when someone I know and trust from my gaming group or these forums gets banned for no reason. So far I have only seen a few players make this claim and a bunch of scripters hop on this wagon.

• Like 3

Hackers can spoof IDs. I suspect your ID got spoofed when he got 'banned'

Hackers can spoof IDs. I suspect your ID got spoofed when he got 'banned'

What do you mean? Someone on reddit suggested that my cd key was stolen and used by a hacker.

pretty much they have a client that allows them to change there names.

Unless Battleye bans the IP which they should... IDK if they do

Yeah, it happened to me too unfortunately, though it was right after a DE server got nuked by a hacker, everyone got kicked and given global bans, it was really peculiar, I'm not worrying about it too much though, I'm sure (I hope) that BattlEye will sort it out.

Just out of curiosity, what arma beta patch are you using?

What do you mean? Someone on reddit suggested that my cd key was stolen and used by a hacker.

Checking outa certain hacking forum, there is a post up there explaining how to spoof your player ID. So your player ID would be linked to a cd key which is where the global ban hits. So when the hacker is playing he will pretent his ID is actually something else and the server will pick that up instead of getting his real ID, which results in innocent players getting banned. The hacker just needs to change the ID to something else to keep playing. I believe this may be one scenario not saying that this is yours

It's possible, but I have to say, it's not going to get you anywhere complaining about it, I don't mean that in the "STFU" kind of way, I mean it as honest advice.

BE on bans : they don't care, they will not respond, they will NEVER lift a ban placed by their system, end of story, they do not have a phone number or address available to contact them on, much like steam they only reply with "canned" responses. So in that area you will get no joy.

From the battleye "support" page :

• No one is banned for using non-hack programs (like Fraps, overlays, etc.), picking up or using hacked in-game items, weapons or vehicles, being on a server at the same time as a cheater, or other passive non-cheating activity. Therefore all requests mentioning these things as possible reasons for the global ban are ignored.
  • A shared or stolen cd-key is no excuse. It's your own responsibility to ensure that no one else has access to it.
  • Include your exact (!) global ban ID. The ID is shown in your global ban message ("Global Ban #ID"). If you don't include it your request will be ignored.
  • Do not tell stories. Whatever you are saying about yourself or your situation won't matter. The only thing that matters is the evidence that is gathered for every global ban issued.
  • Do not ask for the evidence behind your ban. No details about it will be revealed. Hackers would love to have access to this information.
  • Do not beg for mercy. If you cheated you will have to live with the consequences. Global bans are permanent and no exceptions will be made.
  • Questions regarding how exactly to get unbanned will be ignored. No support will be given on how to buy a new game or change your cd-key.

On DayZ staff, a couple things lately have shown that the staff here have no care to engage in discussions plaintive or otherwise, and again will not do anything. They don't care what you say, what you think, it is irrelevant to them. To the point where I have been told clearly that they don't "have time" to read or reply to posts. So no joy there.

Where does this leave you ? :

It leaves you in a situation where you have a choice, either re-purchase the game and run the risk of it happening again, or don't purchase it and move to another game.

The "tone" of my post probably indicates which choice I would be making in your position.

http://wikkedtribe.com/?page_id=537 (shows how much they care).

Edited by Psyl3nt
  • Like 6

They messed up big time. Thousands of legit players got banned including 2 of my friends

Seems like if you updated to revision 95777 you will get banned

http://www.reddit.co...4r/global_bans/

I updated to 95777 and havent received a global ban

• Like 1

link to reddit..worst forum system ever.

• Like 5

yeah i patched Build 95777 as well and played 20 min after ca.

Kicked Global Ban

Never used hack or cheating

very awesome this third part programm Battleye

Rocket should forbid third-part-software from this game xDDD

Sorry for bad english i´m german xD

I've not played for a few days, so I've not been banned, but could these bans be anything to do with config file edits? I've done some performance tweaks and fixed the FOV in mine so it's suitable for a 16:9 display, a little concerned this could trigger BattlEye as it did in Battlefield 2 (using PunkBuster) many moons ago.

I've not played for a few days, so I've not been banned, but could these bans be anything to do with config file edits? I've done some performance tweaks and fixed the FOV in mine so it's suitable for a 16:9 display, a little concerned this could trigger BattlEye as it did in Battlefield 2 (using PunkBuster) many moons ago.

I Edit a file too trying to fix the graphicbugs

I set something from 300000 to 100000 and after that i havent any graphicbugs and now a ban very awesome

25 euro for nothing i love this world^^

Sorry for bad english i´m german xD

• Like 1

You get thousands from 2 friends and a reddit thread? Give it a week and we'll see