LaurenDanger

Firepower to the People: my new end game plan

That's it I have a plan now that I am a moderately successful solo survival girl and I call it Firepower to the People.

Let's see what happens when we try to give pistols to new spawns. Not ammunition, mind you, just whatever extra firearm I can find. Makarovs, M1911s and .45 revolvers. If I don't find anyone, I'll place it an area new spawns might come across without risking the major cities. I left a nice M1014 and some ammunition in a lighthouse earlier. Newer players tend to go to these places while learning, so what a nice surprise.

I don't know anything about recording but if I did I'd try and film me as I chase down unarmed players to sneak a pistol into a backpack.

After 26 days of surviving and not finding any vehicles, the hunting animals, killing zombies and avoiding players has become dull.

If I die, I die. I'm good enough now to get basic gear pretty fast.

Snipe if you like, be a bandit, kidnap and torment, blow up churches, hey that's all fine. Me, I'll be cutting barbed wire and handing out little noisemakers, on random servers of the pacific and western time zone variety.

Firepower to the People. My silly little way to keep DayZ exciting.

• Like 19

i always try to have an extra secontary in my backpack with some ammo..now,that's a good idea,giving weapons to fresh spawns!the only disadvantage of that is that expirienced players that find the loot will be able to kill newbies almost since right after they spawn

i always try to have an extra secontary in my backpack with some ammo..now,that's a good idea,giving weapons to fresh spawns!the only disadvantage of that is that expirienced players that find the loot will be able to kill newbies almost since right after they spawn

No system is perfect. But that's the risk in a world where your political rights are based on a gun-ocracy and you cast votes with bullets. If I could collect enough grenades (more than one per lifetime) I'd hand those out, too!

Pretty sure items despawn after a few minutes when you place them on the ground btw

Me, I'll be cutting barbed wire and handing out little noisemakers, on random servers of the pacific and western time zone variety.

Thank you. Especially to the barbed wire part. Too many assholes set them up JUST for the graphical glitches

• Like 1

I kill people on sight, mostly because they scare the hell out of me, because on the forums people are always saying trust no one.

Arming noobs, is like giving guns to a baby with a really strong finger.

Besides, if you place guns like a m1014 in a lighthouse, they will think "well damn this is a really good loot spot!" when in reality you're simply toying with them.

I kill people on sight, mostly because they scare the hell out of me, because on the forums people are always saying trust no one.

Arming noobs, is like giving guns to a baby with a really strong finger.

Besides, if you place guns like a m1014 in a lighthouse, they will think "well damn this is a really good loot spot!" when in reality you're simply toying with them.

Well, I didn't say noobs specifically, just new spawns. If the person is new and responsive I will provide some firearms education. If the spawnie is experienced, then it's that item needed to help survive and get inland or to a tent or to friends.

As for toying with them, well maybe, but as they enjoy the game, maybe watch videos or visit forums or check maps, they'll learn about the gifts they find. It's the risk I am willing to take. As for killing people on sight, may I request an exception if you run into me?

Pretty sure items despawn after a few minutes when you place them on the ground btw

I considered that despawn issue. Some people seemed to be dying regularly so I took a chance. I carried that thing for five days and all it did was take up space in my pack. Now I have space for steaks and pistols! A lady doesn't need more than that in a world gone to hell. Does she? ;)

I considered that despawn issue. Some people seemed to be dying regularly so I took a chance. I carried that thing for five days and all it did was take up space in my pack. Now I have space for steaks and pistols! A lady doesn't need more than that in a world gone to hell. Does she? ;)

The items will despawn rather quickly if simply dropped, although it's more in the neighborhood of a few hours.

If you want to really help, place tents on the shoreline near the newbie cities that no one ever wants to go to like Kamenka, Komorovo, etc. Place your items in the tent, and then save it. This will ensure that the loot stays there until some newspawn finds it. Bandits are also unlikely to loot them and steal the shitty weapons because seeing a tent on the shoreline just screams trap. They're also fairly hard to see unless you're actually on the shore, as the shore slopes down a little and hides them from view.

• Like 1

This can either be very nice...or can be used as a baiting tactic.

I don't know anything about recording but if I did I'd try and film me as I chase down unarmed players to sneak a pistol into a backpack.

It would be funny watching them run for their very dear lives because they thought you were trying to axe them.

The items will despawn rather quickly if simply dropped, although it's more in the neighborhood of a few hours.

If you want to really help, place tents on the shoreline near the newbie cities that no one ever wants to go to like Kamenka, Komorovo, etc. Place your items in the tent, and then save it. This will ensure that the loot stays there until some newspawn finds it. Bandits are also unlikely to loot them and steal the shitty weapons because seeing a tent on the shoreline just screams trap. They're also fairly hard to see unless you're actually on the shore, as the shore slopes down a little and hides them from view.

items stay on the ground until server reset

ive farmed the barracks before then come back 2 days later to see our same pile of loot outside the door

• Like 1

I gave some random unarmed guy on my server an L85 with 5 stanag magazines. It was his first time playing the game as I had to tell him how to access direct comms and chat. Of course I had someone with crosshairs on his face the entire time, and I pulled out my AS50 and put the barrel up his nose.. but yea I told him to wait until I was out of his line of sight to pick up the gun.

My one good deed for the month of august. No more until september. :P As much as I love the L85 for spotting, I really was tired of having a gameshark(thermal) at my finger tips and went back to an M4A1 SD(Trying to find a holo)

Edited by KField86

Ofc :) and nice to see some friendly people out there between all dem bandits.

items stay on the ground until server reset

ive farmed the barracks before then come back 2 days later to see our same pile of loot outside the door

Loot spawns is not the same thing though, I dropped a m249 (is that right?) with 5 mags beside my friend and took a just swim over to the heli island. When I got back the weapon had disappeared. I have also seen a M16A1 just disappear in front of my eyes when inside a building, that was a rather sad moment :(.

Now there is a winning idea. except I need to find tents. I've never bothered to keep them because I play alone. But picking five or six servers and rotating through to stock tents as time permits might be the way to end that silly spawning in kamenka curse. Thanks for the idea!

lots of people doing this would eventually bring us back to the makarov wars of old, we really dont need that happening again

lots of people doing this would eventually bring us back to the makarov wars of old, we really dont need that happening again

I wouldn't worry about that. There are over a millin players on how many servers? And maybe a hundred of us willing to be silly enough to hand out guns. We can't arm everyone, but we'll help a few and keep a few noobs from whining on the forums and genuinely make a few people smile. All good reasons to try it.

Nice plan.

Is Danger your middle name?

Not the way it's Austin Power's middle name, but I am a bit of an adrenaline junkie. And DayZ is a game that does have a bit of that rush going when you get swarmed by zombies or have a confrontation with other players. :)

I like her for 2 reasons: she is pretty and she is taking this game as it is real life. I think it's wicked! I wish I could be like you just only surviving, but no I am too greedy to find myself some cool assault rifle and getting into danger. And about helping others, that is so cool. I mean if you are in ACTUAL zombie apocalypse and you find people who survived from infection with no weapons, of course you try to help them out, you only kill people if it is going to really help you to survive or they attack you.

I wish people like you keep playing this mod.

Edited by Kalle^
  • Like 1

I like her for 2 reasons: she is pretty and she is taking this game as it is real life. I think it's wicked! I wish I could be like you just only surviving, but no I am too greedy to find myself some cool assault rifle and getting into danger. And about helping others, that is so cool. I mean if you are in ACTUAL zombie apocalypse and you find people who survived from infection with no weapons, of course you try to help them out, you only kill people if it is going to really help you to survive or they attack you.

A lot of the rest of us too that too... take this game seriously, etc... we get FLAMED over it though because we aren't a "pretty girl".

Goes to show how much you people have self-important double standards... like she's going to sleep with you for being nice instead of being the assholes most of this community really is.

I applaud you OP for thinking outside the shitty little box most of the players here seem to linger in.

*EDIT*

Just to clarify, I'm not saying that you are like that Kalle... just a lot of people here in general

~Sol

Edited by Sol

Yaaay another end gamer that isn't a sit-on-a-hill-and-ruin-freshspawns-dayz player.

If that ever gets boring for ya you can always follow my route and take up arms against the aforementioned players. Then give some freshspawns their gear. though personally I don't trust freshspawns with high powered snipers.

• Like 1

Thank you. I had my troubles starting out in this game but I enjoy the social experiment and challenge. If I can influence a few people for the better, so be it. If I die, well, it's only a game. I'll stick with it!