K Arma

Seananners using hacked in weapons and vehicles

Like Cyanyde pointed out, he didn't keep the gear, he didn't kill anyone with it, nothing went bad outside the triangle of people that were involved. However his actions have a lot of influence. Such as directors of commercials using actors or stars to support their product. It's influence to people who look up to him, and thus he has liabilities for what he created; youtube channel with over a million subscribers. If it were some other random person I don't think the people arguing that he did something wrong would be as solid in their offense. But he has a LOT of viewers, and that like many people have already said, causes influenced and promotion of hacking, from the interactions. He's a good guy, and I personally don't think he should be outright banned, but the people defending him should realize he has to be liable for his channel. Perhaps he shouldn't have uploaded the video. Nevertheless, I personally don't think he should be banned.

I personally don't think he is liable for his channel. It's not fair to put the blame on SN for something his subscribers might do. He has no way of knowing how they will act and he shouldn't have to fake his personality to please a few people. He was nether right nor wrong to upload the video. This can be compared to blaming violent games for making the people who play them more violent which I bet all of you think is bullshit.

Edited by TheDesigner

I personally don't think he is liable for his channel. It's not fair to put the blame on SN for something his subscribers might do. He has no way of knowing how they will act and he shouldn't have to fake his personality to please a few people. He was nether right nor wrong to upload the video. This can be compared to blaming violent games for making the people who play them more violent which I bet all of you think is bullshit.

Fake his personality? Are you implying he promotes hackers and using hacked items in DayZ? If so then you're being ignorant of the whole situation right now. And if you give birth to a child and claim parenthood over it, you are liable for any and all damages it creates and makes. And although you are semi-correct about violent video games making people more violent, it is shown some people actually do become more violent for playing video games. I remember as a child I used to be more rowdy and wild whenever I played Twisted Metal at my friends house. Not a great example however it still stands.

If you are comparing having a child to releasing a video on YouTube, then you are the ignorant one. What he did in his video was his general reaction, when I talk about faking personality, I'm talking about not doing what he did because he knew a few people would be upset. I can ensure you that Seananners is in no way encouraging hacking, from videos I watched since this, it's not his personality.

All he did in his video was get excited about guns and vehicles he has never seen, of course he will be excited about it. I see plenty of these videos on YouTube that no one ever reports, you can easily find them by searching. The only reason this was reported is because he is a semi-famous YouTuber.

Being rowdy and wild after playing adrenaline-inducing games is not being violent, it's called being a kid.

Edited by TheDesigner

Guys, it wouldn't of mattered if he picked up the guns or not and if he choose not to fly the heli. I doubt +1 million people have the same morale standing as seananners.

Stuff this into your thick skulls -- HE DIDN'T USE ANY OF THE WEAPONS AGAISNT SOMEONE AND HE KILLED HIMSELF AT THE END TO GET RID OF THE HACKED ITEMS.

The hacker is easily contacted, from what I've seen. Of course flying a heli around and NOT being killed by a hacker would be fun.

Oh really?

So if some average joe no name on these forums said how cool it was that he had his hacker friend give him rare guns, teleport his mates to his location, spawn in a helicopter, fly it around shooting at zombies, and use God mode to fly and be invincible that would be totally cool with you, and acceptable behaviour?

Seananners and Goldy did all of those things courtesy of their hacker friend Comrade Barbells, KNOWING FROM THE START THAT HE WAS A HACKER AND HACKING IN A PUBLIC DAYZ SERVER.

And then Seananners posts a video of their actions using the hacked items and abilities hanging out with their hacker friend 'the wizard' and says 'that was awesome' and 'the best thing that ever happened to me'...if you don't understand what is so wrong with all of that then you never will.

No, I wouldn't care actually. Jesus Christ! They killed those precious zombies, what ever shall we do! Of course I would be mad if it was their friend, but this guy IS NOT their friend! He just happened to be watching the stream and found him. Go, now, look up "hacked vehicle DayZ" on YouTube, pleeeenty of people have videos JUST LIKE THIS ONE. He is only getting flamed because he has a large amount of followers.

Edit: look up "friendly hacker DayZ". About 7-10 videos like SN's.

Edited by TheDesigner
  • Like 2

If you are comparing having a child to releasing a video on YouTube, then you are the ignorant one. What he did in his video was his general reaction, when I talk about faking personality, I'm talking about not doing what he did because he knew a few people would be upset. I can ensure you that Seananners is in no way encouraging hacking, from videos I watched since this, it's not his personality.

All he did in his video was get excited about guns and vehicles he has never seen, of course he will be excited about it. I see plenty of these videos on YouTube that no one ever reports, you can easily find them by searching. The only reason this was reported is because he is a semi-famous YouTuber.

Being rowdy and wild after playing adrenaline-inducing games is not being violent, it's called being a kid.

Again you misinterpret my message. Having a kid and creating a youtube channel have the same meaning as in you created them and you have to own up to the decisions it makes. And no, that's not just being a kid. There were several murders that happened when children played GTA, because they thought it would be cool and neat to actually kill someone in real life. I'm not for propaganda much, but some of the violence is happening because of violent video games; desensitization. And I pointed out exactly what you just said, this is being a thread because he is famous on Youtube, are you daft? So yeah

If you cannot understand the logic of creating something and not taking account for all that it does, then you are certainly ignorant of anything and everything.

Yeah I streamed today to 4,000 people while hackers put weapons in everyones hands in the server and we shot eachother with it..you mad? A dude spawned a Bus I saw it and took it and drove it around? You Mad?

It has been said over and over and by Rocket himself. If you did not place the hacked objects in game like crate or buses etc. And you find it or it is given to you. You can do what you want. This is an issue about MORALES in a game. Honestly my stream is 300 times more fun when we get thunderdomed and Cows are coming down on parachutes. Stop crying. Seannanners has 1 MILLION subs. You think they didn't already know what to do? You know how easy it is to google DayZ scripts? Get real.

• Like 2

Yeah I streamed today to 4,000 people while hackers put weapons in everyones hands in the server and we shot eachother with it..you mad? A dude spawned a Bus I saw it and took it and drove it around? You Mad?

It has been said over and over and by Rocket himself. If you did not place the hacked objects in game like crate or buses etc. And you find it or it is given to you. You can do what you want. This is an issue about MORALES in a game. Honestly my stream is 300 times more fun when we get thunderdomed and Cows are coming down on parachutes. Stop crying. Seannanners has 1 MILLION subs. You think they didn't already know what to do? You know how easy it is to google DayZ scripts? Get real.

Oh please, I'm just saying morale justifications should be brought up. And anyway, I don't give a damn on if he should be punished, I'm just letting you know that it still does not excuse it. You get real.

I saw a few comments on the video "This is a nice hacker", "I like this hacker", and I saw one that said something along the lines of "I'm downloading a hack now I'm

gonna use god mode" or something.

ahPHy.png

I'm happy, if they didn't already know it existed then they are probably stupid enough to download a R.A.T. or Keylogger.(Which 95% of hacks off Google are)

Edited by Synix

Oh please, I'm just saying morale justifications should be brought up. And anyway, I don't give a damn on if he should be punished, I'm just letting you know that it still does not excuse it. You get real.

Exactly the majority of you are questioning whether he should morally accept those items or deny them because he is a BIG STAR. When in fact some people like him or myself or others do not care we just want to have fun with our friends and fan base. This is a cheating forum. Don't report him he did NOTHING against the RULES OF THE GAME. Ban the people who helped him the hackers.

• Like 2

Exactly the majority of you are questioning whether he should morally accept those items or deny them because he is a BIG STAR. When in fact some people like him or myself or others do not care we just want to have fun with our friends and fan base. This is a cheating forum. Don't report him he did NOTHING against the RULES OF THE GAME. Ban the people who helped him the hackers.

You are just repeating what I all know already. What we are questioning is his morales and identification with the hacker (at least I am). I only speak for myself but you need to stop generalizing that we are all morons who don't know about rules and guidelines that Rocket has integrated. Please stop being a block head and realize I am talking more on a social level than just that he needs to be banned.

You are just repeating what I all know already. What we are questioning is his morales and identification with the hacker (at least I am). I only speak for myself but you need to stop generalizing that we are all morons who don't know about rules and guidelines that Rocket has integrated. Please stop being a block head and realize I am talking more on a social level than just that he needs to be banned.

Ok then this is not the forum for it. HE DID NOT CHEAT. Start a post on general section asking if we need to bring in motives and morales and be sherlocks and watson when it come to reporting players.

Ok then this is not the forum for it. HE DID NOT CHEAT. Start a post on general section asking if we need to bring in motives and morales and be sherlocks and watson when it come to reporting players.

Calm down, it's not like anyone is going to make another thread on the stupidity of which this already is in itself. The thread is here and you're just adding to the situation by replying to me. You added your opinion to defend him, thus creating more blight that was according to you not needed because this is not the proper place for it. I suggest you stop posting if you really think we should not post here about off topic rambles that you so happen to include yourself in.

Slippery Jim why you so mad bro? Props to Seananners for having a fun time.

The reason this shouldn't be allowed is because he knew it was hacked shit. The guy admitted he was a scripter, and sean still took stuff from him.

To my knowledge, it is actually a ban-able offense to take something from a hacker and use it knowing full well it is a hacked item. It might as well be hacking, and he needs to be banned.

Edited by AussieStig

The rules need to be reviewed that's all I can say. DayZ will be dead if something is not done.

I have already closed most of my servers to the public from this mess that's going on.

So you're assuming and slandering him and attempting to get him banned for really doing nothing wrong other than not being on par with YOUR personal morale standards.

Nice...

The reason this shouldn't be allowed is because he knew it was hacked shit. The guy admitted he was a scripter, and sean still took stuff from him.

To my knowledge, it is actually a ban-able offense to take something from a hacker and use it knowing full well it is a hacked item. It might as well be hacking, and he needs to be banned.

So by your logic and this threads, anyone using an AS50 Thermal should be banned as well, regardless of if they found it on some guys body, or in a field, or if someone gave it to them. Also if you watch the video he seems pretty innocent and confused about what a 'scripter' is.

Edited by Maroite

Also if you watch the video he seems pretty innocent and confused about what a 'scripter' is.

Oh yeah he seemed super confused about what a scripter was...the way Seananners was screaming 'he's hacking the world!!!' after the guy confirmed he was a scripter at the start. Get real.

Again you misinterpret my message. Having a kid and creating a youtube channel have the same meaning as in you created them and you have to own up to the decisions it makes. And no, that's not just being a kid. There were several murders that happened when children played GTA, because they thought it would be cool and neat to actually kill someone in real life. I'm not for propaganda much, but some of the violence is happening because of violent video games; desensitization. And I pointed out exactly what you just said, this is being a thread because he is famous on Youtube, are you daft? So yeah

If you cannot understand the logic of creating something and not taking account for all that it does, then you are certainly ignorant of anything and everything.

I do want to see your proof of these "several murders" that happened purely because of GTA. People do lie you know. I didn't misinterpret your message, since you just again compared having a kid to creating a YouTube channel. Just because SN didn't badger a hacker in his video doesn't mean all his subs began to think hacking was cool and started buying scripts. He is NOT responsible for what his SUBSCRIBERS do because of his video. Again, there are PLENTY of videos on YouTube with people doing THE EXACT SAME THING! Why aren't you prosecuting them? Should we start prosecuting people on cheating based on how many subscribers they have?

What I am severly confused about is what he is being charged with. Having fun? He didn't ruin anyone's day, he didn't keep any of the items. What exactly is everyone arguing about?

So you're assuming and slandering him and attempting to get him banned for really doing nothing wrong other than not being on par with YOUR personal morale standards.

Nice...

So by your logic and this threads, anyone using an AS50 Thermal should be banned as well, regardless of if they found it on some guys body, or in a field, or if someone gave it to them. Also if you watch the video he seems pretty innocent and confused about what a 'scripter' is.

I never stated he should be banned, learn to read more than just one post.

I do want to see your proof of these "several murders" that happened purely because of GTA. People do lie you know. I didn't misinterpret your message, since you just again compared having a kid to creating a YouTube channel. Just because SN didn't badger a hacker in his video doesn't mean all his subs began to think hacking was cool and started buying scripts. He is NOT responsible for what his SUBSCRIBERS do because of his video. Again, there are PLENTY of videos on YouTube with people doing THE EXACT SAME THING! Why aren't you prosecuting them? Should we start prosecuting people on cheating based on how many subscribers they have?

What I am severly confused about is what he is being charged with. Having fun? He didn't ruin anyone's day, he didn't keep any of the items. What exactly is everyone arguing about?

I never said he should be banned, and I have just explained to you twice now on why he matters and not the rest of the other people doing it. They have no following. Jeez man haven't you ever heard of influence? He is not responible for his subscribers actions. He is responsible for placing the thoughts into their heads. Influence > propaganda > etc. Are you really this blind? Alll I'm stating is that he has a more important youtube account, and if he blatantly went around screaming hacking is good guys, it's okay to hack, then I'm sure many of his followers would follow.

BUT! He didn't say that, which is why this is a benign thing, and why he shouldn't be banned. It's because he is influential that he must be looked at. You don't want to take out the low tier bottom class drug addict. You want to get the crime boss who sells the damn drugs. My gosh, people with such acute minds today.

edit: Also, for your entertainment: http://rense.com/general41/grands.htm

Edited by Sammy101

Why is there an arguement? I've picked up an AS50 TWS (thermal, not naturally occuring). I never shot it, not even at zombies, and held it less than a minute. I knew this was hacked, and since i didn't spawn it, i could technically keep it with no risk of global ban (though admins would ban me individually if i was caught.

Seananners didn't hack, he used hacked items, and didn't use them on players.

This is not againsts the rules, whether you think the rules need re-thinking is another matter.

And yes, even if it wasn't a famous youtuber and just a random guy, i'd be saying the same thing, because it isn't against the rules