Sign in to follow this  
ScottW (DayZ)

DayZ Standalone SDK

DayZ Level Editor  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see a DayZ Level Editor for the standalone game?

• Yes, that would be awesome
    • No, why would you suggest that?

As the new standalone DayZ has been confirmed, I would some day love to see a SDK for it. This would allow players to create whole new maps for the game and for me, it would add much more replayability. They can add zombie spawns and edit them, how frequently they spawn zeds and the amount etc, and weapon/item spawns and be able to edit them again, how frequently, the % chance of an object getting spawned etc.

A good idea, taken from Killing Floor (another awesome zombie game), is for map whitelisting. This means that each map which gets released has to first be tested by select people (devs) to make sure that it is fair and doesn't have any bugs or gives the player an unfair advantage. It then gets added to the whitelist. When playing on a server only whitelisted maps save items and your stats to the main server when you disconnect so you cannot gain any advantage. This also means that the player can also test the map on a server with multiple players to get rid of any bugs etc, but it wont save anything that happens whilst playing an unfinished map.

I know that there is no chance of this coming out alongside the standalone release, but I would love to see it implemented at some time in the games life.

Let me know if you have any other good ideas..

Like the Rocket have somthing to say about this. BI is developer of standalone game. Rocket is nothing, use ur brain ppl omg....They bought DayZ - deal with it.

Like the Rocket have somthing to say about this. BI is developer of standalone game. Rocket is nothing, use ur brain ppl omg....They bought DayZ - deal with it.

Rockets project lead..?

Edited by ScottW

What? He was made the project lead.

Hello there

If you want to learn mapping then look in the Bis forums.

Since the engine is an avancement of the existing one we can assume some of the tools will be very similar if not the same.

I hope this helps.

Rgds

LoK

Hello there...

I have created maps for other games, I just think it would be a nice idea for the community to be able to create them for the standalone version of DayZ. I do hope the tools will be released.

Edited by ScottW

I have to go with Yes/No

I don't want people being able to add maps to their servers anyway they want,

I do like people making maps and having them submitted to Rocket/BI and let them decide to have them added or not.

Otherwise servers are free to host 10x10 meter maps with weird shit and everything. I don't like that.

allowing access to the internals of the game could potentially increase hacking and open up more vulnerable parts of the game. as a heavy user of UDK and cryengine it would be awesome however i wouldnt want it to spoil the game.

I have to go with Yes/No

I don't want people being able to add maps to their servers anyway they want,

I do like people making maps and having them submitted to Rocket/BI and let them decide to have them added or not.

Otherwise servers are free to host 10x10 meter maps with weird shit and everything. I don't like that.

Thats why I think the whitelisting feature would work great! Then only certified maps actually save your data when disconnecting.

allowing access to the internals of the game could potentially increase hacking and open up more vulnerable parts of the game. as a heavy user of UDK and cryengine it would be awesome however i wouldnt want it to spoil the game.

If your just given a level editor, then I dont think hacking would be increased whatsoever..