Charles Darwin (DayZ)

ArmA III(DayZ stand alone) engine improvements

"The standalone engine we are using is a branch of Take on Helicopters, which itself is a branch of ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead"

No arma 3 engine ! standalone will use the arma 2 engine :( :emptycan: >:(

Exactly, I don't know why you guys think DayZ is going to run on ArmA3 engine. It was said that it will be ArmA 2.5, basically a little bit improved ArmA 2

To OP: DayZ standalone isn't going to be based on the Arma 3 Engine (Real virtuality 4). It's going to be based on the Arma 2 engine with features from Real Virtuality 4.

And this is bigest mistake ever made. Perfect example what money (smell of potential money) do with ppl.

"we got huge numbers on old engeene lets make game on it DAYZ, then next year lets make DAYZ2 on Real virtuality 4 .............. lets tell every one we go minecraft style .. but actualy do COD/BF3 style. Gamers are dumb, they will buy every shit we will made in future"

• Like 1

And this is bigest mistake ever made. Perfect example what money (smell of potential money) do with ppl.

"we got huge numbers on old engeene lets make game on it DAYZ, then next year lets make DAYZ2 on Real virtuality 4 .............. lets tell every one we go minecraft style .. but actualy do COD/BF3 style. Gamers are dumb, they will buy every shit we will made in future"

That's what I was thinking too when they announced dayz wouldn't use rv4. Oh well I hope they at least put the improved stances from it.

I think the Real Virtuality engine used in the DayZ stand alone will massively improve this mod in many ways. One of the most obvious examples is the lighting, especially at night.

I am not sure how since the Real Virtuality Engine is what ArmA 2 is.

Observe how much more rich the lighting is and how it adds to the game, this also includes the muzzle flashes, now nighttime will present the problem of giving away your position by firing not only by sound but also by muzzle flash

Thats the improvements to the Real Virtuality Engine, among others, coming with ArmA 3.

You also get to see a quick demonstration of the inventory system which looks to be massively improved. Drag and drop capability, gear that can be stored in your clothes, in your back pack and is all separate with their own menu from the top bar will make managing your inventory much more intuitive.

New inventory system looks awesome.

I think the attachments will be an interesting addition as well, allowing us to customize our weapons like never before

Yes...this will be awesome.

I guess I am just nitpicking your statement in that the standalone would benefit from ArmA 3 because of the Real Virtuality Engine when ArmA 1 and 2 are both the Real Virtuality Engine with a shell of an interface over it. Either way I agree that the standalone should be based off of the newest and greatest available...not tech from 5 years ago. Even if it means selling the standalone as it's own game for a higher cost or as an expansion pack. Chances are that when ArmA 3 comes out I will be too busy playing it to bother playing the DayZ standalone...I hate situations like this where I am forced to use old tech just to play a game. The way I figure it...someone will make a cool zombie mod for ArmA 3. Whether it is Rockets team or not (Team Rocket...heh...blasting off at the speed of light!) doesn't matter to me...I want to shoot zombies in ArmA 3's engine...not ArmA 2's.

Ultimately it won't matter so long as he can get all the needed features from ArmA 3 into the standalone and upgrade the graphics from ArmA 2's engine to the standard that ArmA 3 will have.

And yes...graphics do matter. If they didn't you would all still be playing MUD's or D&D on pen and paper.

Edited by Vertisce

I couldnt care if the graphics didnt change! I dont even mind the inventory system but i just want a guarenteed 60fps no matter whats happening!

An improved version of ARma II :OA won't be enough for me either after all these incredible ARMA 3 videos and screenshots. Arma 3 will be a day one buy for me, even pre order if i can. DayZ standalone well not so much now, I'll still follow it quite closely but I kinda gave up on it being my ideal zombie survival simulation I've been waiting for years that I thought it was a few months ago, mostly because it's more of a simple pvp fest rather than survival game but that said, my disillusion has been further enforced to no end when I read that the stand-alone wouldn't be using such a tremendous immersive engine that is the upcoming rv4. To me immersion is everything.

Please optimize it for CPUs with more than 4 cores!!!

I tried Arma III -> Alpha <- today and it goes like **** with an FX-8350 and GTX670.

Edited by punisher.ita
  • Like 1

DayZ standalone isn't actually using the Arma 3 engine, or Arma 3's inventory syste,. At least take a few minutes and look into the dev blog before posting.

But we've already seen what the DayZ SA looks like, it's much much closer to Arma 2, then Arma 3. I'm not expecting the DayZ SA engine to be anything like the Arma 3 version. Sounds like you're getting your hopes up, OP

I'm a huge fan of Dayz, even tho i quitted, due to extreme mass of cheater/exploiter/scripter/abuser and also don't forget the bugs. I've been waiting for the standalone to come ever since. After playing arma 3 for 3 days now, i came to conclusion that if in 2013, dayz the stand alone would use the same or near same engine than arma 2, id be better spending my money elsewhere. Just my opinion. And as some people said, If rocket chooses to stay on cheap engine, i am sure that someone will make a zombie mod that will be comparable to dayz on the arma 3. In fact there is already some zeds mods on it. Even tho they are not as elaborated ( arma 3 has been up for only a few days) I dont see any point in playing a game in prehistorical graphics. If rocket would have release their stand alone in december like it was suppose to, it would have been different, but now with arma 3 being released before, i believe it would be mockering their fanbase to use cheap graphic for this awesome game. Just my honest opinion,no need to flame.