Sign in to follow this  
GHoffman

Beta Patch 95777 is out

Do I dare install this on my server? I have had very bad luck with the last 2 Arma 2 beta patches. They have caused our server to crash repeatedly, forcing me to revert back to 95417. Is anyone else having the same problem?

I just installed it on mine. It runs, but I'll have to wait and see how stable it is. Back when I was on 95417, I didn't experience any crashes at all, but the last two betas have had my server crashing more or less every 3-6 hours.

No crashes here yet after about 45 mins... The last two patches would crash within 5-10 mins

to update do you have to restart the server? or can you just overwrite while the server is going?

You have to shut the server down first.

Host Altitude does not have it yet so can't say how it is.

The server that I administer is through Host Altitude. You have to install the beta patch yourself after bringing down the server. Then you just relaunch the server.

Updated servers to 95777. I found 95724 to be unstable.

• Like 1

Yep, server seems to be a lot more stable. No crashes yet.

The server that I administer is through Host Altitude. You have to install the beta patch yourself after bringing down the server. Then you just relaunch the server.

Oh okay. Still new to server hosting so thanks :)

Oh okay. Still new to server hosting so thanks :)

Don't forget to edit your Server.cfg file to reflect that you have the latest Beta patch installed. For example, here is mine:

hostname = "DayZ - US129 Dallas (v1.7.2.4/Beta 95777)[REGULAR|3DP:ON|CH:OFF][GMT-6] dayzmod.com - Hosted By Fugitive Gaming";

I updated to this and apparently there are no servers running this version :S (I'm using dayz commander)

How long will it take until most servers update? Or is there a way to downgrade to a specific version?

I updated to this and apparently there are no servers running this version :S (I'm using dayz commander)

How long will it take until most servers update? Or is there a way to downgrade to a specific version?

Patches are backward compatible. You can still connect to these servers Or, you can join US129. We have the patch up and running.

so i see quite a few servers i like to play on using this patch now and im trying to update it so i can join them, but it doesnt seem like its updating to 95777 no matter what i try. I've downloaded the file and followed the instructions to the dot, and it still says 95417. I've tried arma2 beta downloader, same thing. Is there a more indepth guide on installing this? Or does anyone care to inform me of installing it? Im using Steams version of arma2 btw

so i see quite a few servers i like to play on using this patch now and im trying to update it so i can join them, but it doesnt seem like its updating to 95777 no matter what i try. I've downloaded the file and followed the instructions to the dot, and it still says 95417. I've tried arma2 beta downloader, same thing. Is there a more indepth guide on installing this? Or does anyone care to inform me of installing it? Im using Steams version of arma2 btw

Go here: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Download the 95777 patch. Run it. Win!

It really is easy as that.

Hmmm, do you use Six Launcher or DayZ commander to join servers? Try launching the game from the file called "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" inside your Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead folder.

i use six launcher to launch the game, but i just go to multiplayer to join servers. i tried launching the file called "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch", its 95777, but theres a very small list of servers

well 95790 is some init fix for people who actually play arma2 from what i read

I'd just be patient. Not all server owners can update to the latest patch at work like I can. They will be getting off work soon.

There is no reason to not update to this latest patch, it's proven to be stable. It's been a good update, so far.

Patches are backward compatible. You can still connect to these servers Or, you can join US129. We have the patch up and running.

Well I can't join any server now because it says that it's a bad version...