Sign in to follow this  
kalvinparker

SUGGESTION: Add some Leveling or progression system, even if you still lost all items when you die.

Level up sort of system based on, zombie kills ect. When you light a fire and cook meat blah blah. Basically when you complete actions and objectives like most others games.

But... your character doesn't actually receive the level up until they are in some sort of rest mode. I.E. Sitting down anywhere or for bigger bonus's: sitting in a building, sitting in front of a fire, sitting in a building in front of a fire. I think you get it.

But what should be your reward? Blood capacity increase? More Inventory slots? Increase in hunger and thirst? Maybe even better loadout of items on respawn?

Other things they could add that would improve would be:-

Sprinting: Rather than being able to sprint for an unlimited amount of time, you can't! but your endurance would increase whilst leveling.

Weight Limit: Instead of Items taking up a certain amount of Slots, they have a weight limit. But still keep slots as well. This would increase when leveling.

Scavenging: Survivors have better chance of finding better loot.

I know this would keep players coming back for more, especially as it can be quite off putting when you die and have to start again with nothing gained and everything lost.

Edited by kalvinparker

Let's just turn this into an MMORPG while we're at it.

Grinding for levels by doing pointless tasks, arranging stats to find the most overpowered specialization.

Cause, you know, that's why we all wanted to play dayz

Level up sort of system based on, zombie kills ect. When you light a fire and cook meat blah blah. Basically when you complete actions and objectives like most others games.

But... your character doesn't actually receive the level up until they are in some sort of rest mode. I.E. Sitting down anywhere or for bigger bonus's: sitting in a building, sitting in front of a fire, sitting in a building in front of a fire. I think you get it.

But what should be your reward? Blood capacity increase? More Inventory slots? Increase in hunger and thirst? Maybe even better loadout of items on respawn?

Other things they could add that would improve would be:-

Sprinting: Rather than being able to sprint for an unlimited amount of time, you can't! but your endurance would increase whilst leveling.

Weight Limit: Instead of Items taking up a certain amount of Slots, they have a weight limit. But still keep slots as well. This would increase when leveling.

Scavenging: Survivors have better chance of finding better loot.

I know this would keep players coming back for more, especially as it can be quite off putting when you die and have to start again with nothing gained and everything lost.

These ideas would certainly make people coming back for more. The thing is I don't see it well implemented in Dayz and Arma 2's engine.

However, it will be implemented one day or another in a game with the same bottom line as Dayz, be it WarZ or anything else.

i7x4r.jpg Edited by e47

ultimately the leveling system is your current gear.

• Like 3

I'd like a global stats system that kept track of each life I had lived in DayZ including things like kills, murders, game slaughtered, blood lost/recovered, time alive (game time and real time). Weapon/item progression maybe.

Just something so that even when I do succumb to that bandit's bullet I have some record of my achievements. I love starting with nothing and getting my gear back and fighting players for even the lousiest of loot.

• Like 2

I would like a record of my personal best stats, but not a public list

I would like a record of my personal best stats, but not a public list

Yeah this is true. I doubt Bandits would want people to check their global murder count.... :lol:

Edited by grylsyjaeger

Naw.

I'd like a global stats system that kept track of each life I had lived in DayZ including things like kills, murders, game slaughtered, blood lost/recovered, time alive (game time and real time). Weapon/item progression maybe.

Just something so that even when I do succumb to that bandit's bullet I have some record of my achievements. I love starting with nothing and getting my gear back and fighting players for even the lousiest of loot.

Yeah.

These ideas would certainly make people coming back for more. The thing is I don't see it well implemented in Dayz and Arma 2's engine.

However, it will be implemented one day or another in a game with the same bottom line as Dayz, be it WarZ or anything else.

No. No. No.

You really want +1 stamina, +2 luck in MilSim? Are you mad?

Play original ARMA 2 for like an hour. Skillset is only yours to have. There cannot be any +1/4. It is directly against everything which makes this game really good.

Private stats? Quite possible, yet technically tricky. I can see something like that implemented in standalone.

No. No. No.

You really want +1 stamina, +2 luck in MilSim? Are you mad?

Play original ARMA 2 for like an hour. Skillset is only yours to have. There cannot be any +1/4. It is directly against everything which makes this game really good.

Don't worry, I'm perfectly sane. I have my opinions and you have yours. If you'd have read my previous post with more seriousness, maybe you could have realized that I said it was not a great idea for Dayz.

Now, maybe you don't grasp the concept of RPG skills, or maybe you don't like it at all, but it is clearly something that I'd like to see in a MMO zombie survival and there are a lot of people out there that probably think the same­.

I see no reason to have skill points/leveling as it is a skill based game, your skills increase as you play and get better at Aiming, Stealth, Strategy, scavenging, and general survival in the game.

Why have skill points or leveling when the skills are inherent in the gameplay?

Edited by RunningScared