Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Vengeance (DayZ)

Buying standalone game

As an ArmA2 purchaser and lover, I'd hate to think i will have to re purchase DayZ when its released, As i purchased ArmA for DayZ. I dont want to spend money to buy another game. You get the gist of this. What i would like is that our ArmA2 CD keys work with DayZ and its not a steam game, So like we can just claim a licence with our keys and there, We got DayZ standalone. I think it would be fair for us who have purchased arma 2 up to a certain date, So the release of dayz we can redeem a CD key and sales of arma 2 from then on do not apply to a DayZ redemption.

if this has been posted somewhere else or already explained please inform me, But if you guys believe in the same back this thread and we can see what sort of result we get?

ARMA 2 will still work so yeah no- you also bought ARMA 2 so you could play a free ALPHA mod.

Stop being a cheap ass and fork out your cash like everyone else.

• Like 3

ARMA 2 will still work so yeah no- you also bought ARMA 2 so you could play a free ALPHA mod.

Stop being a cheap ass and fork out your cash like everyone else.

never said we had to, Lol its ot being a cheap ass its being curious and seeing what actually is there in palce for this. A lot of people will not be able to buy this game but a lot of them alost already have arma 2 so it would be good if it had at least a discount or something for pre-standalone players.

If you are unwilling to part with a few bucks more, you can simply continue playing the DayZ mod, same as you have been so far, the mod will be supported for some amount of time into the future. If you are willing to pony up a few more (probably around $15) you will gain acess to the standalone alpha/beta. Just because the game is going standalone does not mean a finished version will suddenly appear for sale. Just like with Minecraft, you will be given the opportunity to participate in the development of the standalone for a small price. Some day down the road, if you bought in early you will already own what gets released. If you waited, you will have to pay a higher price for the final release.

This is what Rocket is referring to when he talks about the Minecraft pricing model.

Edited by SystemiK
  • Like 1

never said we had to, Lol its ot being a cheap ass its being curious and seeing what actually is there in palce for this. A lot of people will not be able to buy this game but a lot of them alost already have arma 2 so it would be good if it had at least a discount or something for pre-standalone players.

Do you realize you bought ARMA 2 COMBINED OPERATIONS!?

You did not buy DAYZ alpha mod.

play the original game and get mods for it, or QQ more.

• Like 2

Uhhh why the hell would you be given a completely different game for free, when you purchased ARMA II CO?

Day Z was a free mod.

Too bad, you'll have to beg mommy for more money.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 2

The standalone is at a discounted price. When it's fully released it'll be full price then.

• Like 1

The game DayZ will have a highly discounted price,and will not be released as a ready game.It will be released in alpha/beta,and will follow the Minecraft model.

For the people un-familiar with Minecraft model :

Game in early alpha,but playable,highly discounted (because of it's alpha version),and constant updates,alpha>beta>finished game.Alot of small and big updates,but playable during the development.

I will buy it, just show me the "Pre-order" button.

life is a matter of priority. if you want something bad enough you WILL find a way to get it.

We all have had a good time with this mod and i for one have gotten more than my moneys worth of entertainment. I fully expect to pay for a stand alone if that happens. and i will gladly. if it costs 80 bucks thats 10 beers in a club, two tight ass lunches, or a cheap date with a chick. hmmmmmmmm. hard choice. NOT.

Shutup and take my money!

life is a matter of priority. if you want something bad enough you WILL find a way to get it.

We all have had a good time with this mod and i for one have gotten more than my moneys worth of entertainment. I fully expect to pay for a stand alone if that happens. and i will gladly. if it costs 80 bucks thats 10 beers in a club, two tight ass lunches, or a cheap date with a chick. hmmmmmmmm. hard choice. NOT.

10 bucks for a fuckin' beer? Where the Hell do you come from? Zombieland?