Stings2pee

--- A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT ---

There is no relation between beta builds and DayZ.

Sometimes servers will experience stability issues after updating to a new beta patch - such is the case for the servers running build# 95660. They auto-crash every 10 minutes. This is mainly why server owners are slow to jump aboard the bandwagon when a new patch is released.

I used to manually update everything and in 4-5 cases I was forced to revert the beta patch (not that hard).

Yes, sometimes it is possible to revert back. However, most new beta patches inhibit reverting to older versions. You will get an error saying:

error.jpg

I never heard of someone losing items because of a beta build revert.

It can happen.

Edited by Stings2pee

Just want to say thank you for posting this - I was about to open a ticket with multiplay, or talk to them over live support as I thought it was a server issue - will spend some time tomorrow with friends to see if we can get it working (atleast individually by rolling back to the same version of OA as the server).

Edited by Loque

Stop bumping your thread, it's technically against the forum rules

one bump = meh

but like 4, just stop that shit

I technically don't care. I'm only trying to help spread the word since this issue has not been addressed and everyone is having the same problem thinking something's wrong with their mic. Hop off my dick and try to come up with a solution or sticky the thread. God damn.

one bump = meh

but like 4, just stop that shit

To be fair this needs more exposure, not so people can cry about it, but so that people are aware of the issue and understand how to make sure VON works for them whilst playing - I was about to waste multiplays time as well as my own, thankfully someone had written a good post about it already with some decent keywords.

I do wonder what else does not work properly when connecting to servers with a different OA version.

Also, I would add this to the bug tracker for Dayz but it is not a bug, more a result of connecting to servers with different OA versions and really, I doubt, has anything to do with Dayz.

Holy fuck, I didn't know this. So that's why when I tried to troll Cherno with yakety sax, that guy directly in from of me didn't hear it...

Uhu, I ran into someone yesterday, I was calling out to him (he may have called out to me too) and he is one of the few that have shot at me whilst I was trying to speak to him... thankfully M1911 beats shotgun :¬D

In Dayz v.1.7.2.6 and beta 97448 I'm still getting some players saying they can NOT see direct chat when the person is standing < 40M in front of them.

The server is configured so they can't log in without the same beta patch....

So something is up. Could it be they've got firewall issues in the Windows or 3rd party firewall?

I to am still getting this error and its driving me nuts. I've never had direct communication work for me whatsoever.

Users can see what I type in direct chat but thats the most luck I've had. I've never been able to see or hear direct communication. I've tried everything I can think of. I don't use a mic but I do wish to hear what others are saying to me and be able to see what they are saying. Why I can't see the direct chat text is beyond me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have now completely installed my OS on a new disk and completely reinstalled the game as well. I am still not able to see or hear direct communications no matter how close I am to the other player. I do not understand how this error could exist again with a completely new install on a new drive.

Note to self: DON'T tell moderators to "hop off my dick". It appears that will result in a forumZ ban.

• Like 1

the JackPot 28 DayZ Later server had a similar problem, now fixed after updating the Beta Patch. Thanks and good work

I don't think thats correct, I have the latest version, most servers do not but I have been able to text chat many times, I have also joined a server where nobody could direct text chat even though we had the same version, resulting in us killing a friend with no mic

I don't know why, but this was the first time I read that in Archer's voice. I've seen you around every other thread, but this one made me do it for some reason.

I still cant see anybodies direct chat on text. i'm standing right next to somebody and they can see my direct but i can't see theirs. I am completely lost. Please help! This makes the game close to unplayable!!

I still cant see anybodies direct chat on text. i'm standing right next to somebody and they can see my direct but i can't see theirs. I am completely lost. Please help! This makes the game close to unplayable!!

Really?? Unplayable?? Seriously??

You have no audio to hear zombies?

You can't run away from zombies/players?

Are you able to shoot your weapon at zombies/players?

Exaggerate much?