Sign in to follow this  
Mphlol

Makarov PM Damage

Hello,

I just finished dying just a couple of minutes ago. I saw someone with a rifle a couple meters away from me and I was behind him. I sneaked up on him and shot 2 full magazines of the Makarov into his body and maybe 3 of those rounds hit the back of his head. The anonymous player turned around and shot me twice after I unloaded the 2 magazines into him. I died from his 2 shots. So what I'm trying to ask is, how many bullets does it take to kill a player with the Makarov PM? Besides that question, what I experiences was quite ridiculous. Was this a bug? Or?

Probably hacker, maybe rough to say there.

Yeah it really sucks. 2 full clips with all hits and a few headshots is more than enough though.

Either you missed more than you think, he had 1000hp and died soon after you did, something glitched out, or he was hacking.

Glad I could clarify that for you :D

ArmA changed the damage values on weapons, not DayZ...just putting this here before the screechy whines begin piercing the threads about damage value changes.

889 Damage for the makarov. Since the nerfing, it does take 13 rounds to kill a player

12000 / 889 = 13.5

is above 13

requires 14 to bring him below 0???

Edited by Buffjesus

Thank you all for helping me with this very confusing experience. I honestly believe that any amount more than 6 is far beyond logical reasoning and realism. Anything beyond 6 bullets from a Makarov is complete non sense. I'll make sure I never pick up this weapon again.

Not counting for the blood loss while this is happening, yes. But headshots are the confounding element. I know for a fact that you can take someone down with a max of 5 makarov headies, i've done it more than once since the damage value changes.

oh, and the hatchet is FAR better than the makarov!

Edited by sudZ!

im not sure what the multiplier is but headshots def help, i killed a guy with a clip and a half (last bullet landing on his head) and i missed some of those shots. so there is def some wierd multiplyers in there as far as damage and base damage go. i would have to say thou if your positive you had three headshots on him along with body shots that it was a hacker....

Weapon damage especially pistols is ridiculous at the moment. Really needs to be fixed.

Hello,

i was insta killed by a player's pistol yesterday after pumping a few m9sd rounds into him to little or no effect.

Assumed he head shot me.

Rgds

LoK

I don't believe the makarov damage of 889 is correct. Offline, makarov needs more hits to take down a soldier than the other 9mm weapons. I think makarov damage is more around 700.