imatsfo

Stand Alone Game and The Alpha Players

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I bought Arma2: CO full price for the only purpose to play DayZ. I went on a risk to play a mod that was on a game that didn't have anything else for me but that mod. I feel like Rocket making it a stand alone game screws over many people that have done the same. That is if Rocket doesn't give us a deal for the Alpha players for the new stand alone game. If not, we would have to fork over more money for the game again. I just want to know other's opinions and ideas.

And yes I would honestly like the stand alone game to be free for us alpha players. Or at least way cheaper than $60.

• Like 2

or he could just not make it and you would STFU, he made the mod and distributed it for free, its your own fault you bought the game just for the mod you are lucky he didnt charge a extra 15$ for the mod after you paid money for the game.. you ungrateful fool

• Like 2

Really ? - it's not Rockets fault that you only like DayZ mod, and not the rest of the Arma II game. You bought Arma II, you got the mod free.

Charging for a stand-alone in no way "screws over" anyone, you made a choice yourself, and now want to blame someone else for your choice, either that or you just want stuff for free.

I for one have no problems paying for the standalone : and you know what ? - you can still play Arma II and the DayZ mod after you have the standalone, or don't buy it and just play the mod for Arma II. . .

• Like 1

He is still developing the mod in parralel with the game, so if you dont want to buy the game then just keep playing the mod, they are also going to heavily discount the game for those that get it early in the alpha.

Stop expecting everything for nothing.

Edited by smasht_AU

This is a pretty immature attitude.

You still have access to what you paid for and the mod that was icing on the cake.

I will happily pay for the stand alone (provided there is enough evidence that it's worth it), and I will not whine about the alpha.

• Like 1

The whole point of making a mod is to take an idea and make it real. If you keep complaining about the limitations of the Arma engine when its applied to DayZ then how can we ever overcome those limitations without a standalone? It is simple to understand how this works. Right now we are supposed to test ideas and come up with new ones while at the same time fxing whatever bugs we can. When DayZ gets released as a standalone beta then we are supposed to test for bugs and ideas even more intensely because then they can be applied towards a final product.

yeah that is no better than EA or blizzard model of make money ... i dont want the game for free but if the stand alone was always the goal whay is no in the main page... its important information

sorry for my bad english

What the fuck do you think "MOD" means? It's like saying, WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR SCHOOL JUST SO I CAN GET AN EDUCATION? idiot.

I am SO getting that alpha! who's with me? anyone know when it's going to be out?

Next couple of months, before the end of the year, October at the earliest.

What the fuck do you think "MOD" means? It's like saying, WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR SCHOOL JUST SO I CAN GET AN EDUCATION? idiot.

pay for education? that make m sad

yeah that is no better than EA or blizzard model of make money ... i dont want the game for free but if the stand alone was always the goal whay is no in the main page... its important information

sorry for my bad english

Don't buy the game then, nobody is forcing you, stick with the free mod if you want.

Don't buy the game then, nobody is forcing you, stick with the free mod if you want.

ok you're right but as I said, no better than EA

I think most people will agree that the amount of hours they have gotten from DayZ would rival and $60 game, specially any that were released this year.

Personally I have spent more than 200 hours playing dayz, 150 more than Diablo III, considering I only paid $17 for arma II I am happy I have gotten so much out of it.

I'm locking this thread, it's a joke.

Any people who feel that rocket owes them something because they bought Arma 2 for a free mod can go away and take a serious look at themselves.

• Like 4