Sign in to follow this  
oZiix

DayZ standalone will use Real Virtuality 4 engine!

Nope, it's still free.

Nope, it's the illusion of Free. Pc world gives you "free" cables (£15) with your TV(£500). but what they're "really" doing is discounting the price of the cable from the TV. so you THINK you've scored a free cable, but they still get the profit from the cable, (they make more profit on accessories than big things),

You think you're getting a good deal. but it's actually them who are. and THIS my friends, is called Business,. and BIS are doing it.

Nope, it's the illusion of Free. Pc world gives you "free" cables (£15) with your TV(£500). but what they're "really" doing is discounting the price of the cable from the TV. so you THINK you've scored a free cable, but they still get the profit from the cable, (they make more profit on accessories than big things),

You think you're getting a good deal. but it's actually them who are. and THIS my friends, is called Business,. and BIS are doing it.

Lol no.

DayZ is free, Rocket doesn't get any money from this project.

BIS is a business. Don't understand why they can't conduct it? Stop acting so entitled like the rest of the 5 year olds who can't use their parents credit cards twice in one year for games.

If you don't approve of how business is being co ducted, don't give your support.

Incorrect. There are those who make games to make good games. Ed McMillen is one modern example (albeit, indie, but unfortunately...that's where the true passion lay right now). Yes, money plays a part in the continued release of games from a company in their future, but a good company won't let that mean taking their flagship IP and have the trilogy come crashing down on itself all for the sake of delivering the product in 2 years instead of 3-4. And yeah, that's a cut at Bioware, I'll forgive them when Kotor 3 comes out.

Huh, McMillen has made loads of money with very successful sales as far as indie gaming goes. Fair play to him, his games are good.

Using the ARMA3 Engine as a base for the retail title. Good JOB! Thumbs up Dean.

I would hate to pay for a ARMA2 engine based full release title to only pay for the ARMA3 engine based one the next year. That is a good way to loose people as its considered milking the fans.. Which often results in loosing the highest quality fans and you end up with the silly people left that will provide silly feedback and steer the game in a awkward direction :)

I hope we get more options for skins /camoflage/ghillie's

in the real world you can veg up your ghillie to suit the terrain you're in.

we need some kind of "pick leaves" option so when we move to a new area we can conceal effectively.

like this?

you mean BESIDES the people who shelled for Arma2 C:O just to play DayZ.

Such is the price of being an early adopter. They took a risk. If they can't afford the standalone then they shouldn't have paid for an alpha mod for a game that they weren't interested in.

you my friend are a douche bag

You can be mad at me for pointing out the obvious all you want, but in the end people with shit computers are a blight on Pc gamers everywhere. Accept it, im not going to sit here and bash you guys about how bad your computer is, i just want you to understand the burdon your putting on us :)

Just a guess:

You are in your first job for ...6 months now.

You are a high school graduate, but no university degree.

Am I right? :)

Nope im actually in Ball State U right now majoring in computer science working at a printing company owned by my brother for about 3 years now. But thanks for trying

you my friend are a douche bag

You can be mad at me for pointing out the obvious all you want, but in the end people with shit computers are a blight on Pc gamers everywhere. Accept it, im not going to sit here and bash you guys about how bad your computer is, i just want you to understand the burdon your putting on us :)

Just a guess:

You are in your first job for ...6 months now.

You are a high school graduate, but no university degree.

Am I right? :)

Nope im actually in Ball State U right now majoring in computer science working at a printing company owned by my brother for about 3 years now. But thanks for trying

And what exactly is your point?

how on earth are there still people bemoaning the arma engine, BIS etc? dont your wrists get tired? dont you realise the deal is done, you were wrong and its time to fuck off?

if your PC cant handle it just upgrade or jump off a cliff, who gives a fuck

the EXPERTS are running this show, BIS. everyone in their right mind is excited about this

This man is nailing it. BI is one of very few good and caring game developers (while prolly their main focus is VBS, doesn't matter). They provide a vast support for the community since years, so everybody who likes DayZ should be really happy about that. I don't get the fuss people are making here about BI or rocket earning money with this, wtf is wrong with you? They are making a great product, which I enjoy, so of course I am gonna pay for that. Monkeys!

A way more interesting question is the time-frame in which the alpha of the standalone goes live.

Edited by *=LP=*Cpt.Kawa

Rocket launched this genre of survival horror, for that alone his company already got my money for Arma II and OA which I've opened exactly once like the instructions said lol. Rocket will get my money when the standalone comes out no matter what state the game is in (I'm sure it will be good). Look forward to testing all the alpha builds along the way. Congrats Rocket you certainly deserve it.

Edited by zazzaro703

I have a feeling you have a peice of shit computer and only came to this game for the mod because you cant get it on your precious fagbox or gaystation. A true PC gamer can afford his/her own hobby, now please leave the talking to the adults :)

I'm not whining about computer problems untill I see em and if I need a better computer later its all about priority BUT just cause you might have a hardcore computer doesnt make you more of a "gamer". Everyone can't afford to buy high end stuff or they wan't to spend some money on real life fun too, I mean for us who have a real life so having that said your comment sucks. Btw I have a gay fag computer and you know what? I soooo love it with the pink ribbons and sparkles, I don't mind he is gay.

I have been watching videos, hawking reddit, cruising this forum, and scanning every news sight for weeks. I bought my computer 9 years ago. It sucks. Stumbled across this mod and started researching my first build (I'm a slime ball console gamer). It's fresh and fascinating. Been a gamer since I was 7 (I'm 30). Unfortunately with school starting I will have to wait for Xmas break. The real deal awesomeballs thing about this game is that I saw Rocket posting in forums about it. That is so new to me. It's inspiring. He apologized once for a mistake. Blew my mind after a lot of the major recent console games had bs launches and bs responses from the devs. I appreciate a man that owns hIs product. I will support this full on. Quit bashIng every little thing you can. This is great news for gamers. Everything about it. New engine. Standalone. Started with one guys mod. All of it is great news.

• Like 2

I have a feeling you have a peice of shit computer and only came to this game for the mod because you cant get it on your precious fagbox or gaystation. A true PC gamer can afford his/her own hobby, now please leave the talking to the adults :)

There's a name for people who think like you, elitist. Using your logic, someone with a lower standard of living than you should be unable to enjoy the same video games, because they can't afford to. That's a great way to think. Having lower spec options is not hard for developers to include, which is why BIS should be applauded for not heightening the requirements for the new engine at all.

• Like 1

I'll be interested to see how the transition from the current engine to the new will work out.

Good to know the future for DayZ looks bright :)

Rocket isn't one of those people in the gaming industry who are are greedy bastards who make shit games for money.

That's EA.

Yes he is not. 0 ads on site, he didn't sell DAY Z he just gave them some rights to it so he can get job at it. If he would been after money he would keep ads 24/7h on site and sell full rights to bohemia with luxury prize.

Meh, DayZ standalone is going to be shit and buggy most probably, no change there...yeah the "current engine isn't made for what dayz is trying to achieve" so yeah let's use the newer version from the one were using that serves the same purpose as the last one, hurr durr. The less work the better.

I am sorry, i usually do not act this way BUT. You sir have to be an idiot. He clearly points out that #1 he has more control for the standalone as he now works for Bohemia, #2 the new engine handles night time much better. What the h-e-double hockey stick dont you understand. For crying out loud.

/endrant

PS. Sorry, I usually dont act like that. I promise :P

• Like 1

I am sorry, i usually do not act this way BUT. You sir have to be an idiot. He clearly points out that #1 he has more control for the standalone as he now works for Bohemia, #2 the new engine handles night time much better. What the h-e-double hockey stick dont you understand. For crying out loud.

/endrant

PS. Sorry, I usually dont act like that. I promise :P

Just to correct you in your rant he was already working for BiS when he offered up DayZ to the world as a free Mod and that it is in fact the design decsions of ARMA II not the RV engine it uses that causes the issues (ie. night time).

What is happening with the standalone is that they are working on the pure engine not using it through an intermediary level of design decisions and limitations, there is only so much that can be done with scripts some configurations and choices need to be made at the Engine level these choices would conflict with those made for ARMA II.

The use of RV4 (the updated engine that runs ARMA 3) will give them access to some newer bits of shiny but mostly the stand alone benefits much more from dropping the ARMA design layer (I expect most of the assets / tools and functionality will be used as is though).

Having seen how badly his updates break his mod rather than fix things I don't hold much hope for the game. Let's hope bi offer some half decent programmers who can not screw up the game like rocket does.

wot im wonder ing is will the money go to Rocket or bohemia Intaractive because it would be unfair if BI gets all the money

wot im wondering is will BI get all the money or will Rocket get it because it would be unfair if BI get it

sorry but everyone in gaming business is here for money not being funny if they wernt theyd give there games away for nothing ;)

This is far from the truth. Most developers (the actual designers, programmers and artists) are generally in it to make a game. Making games is a passion, and most developers at game companies get paid crappy money.

The company they work for is in it for money. So no, not everyone in gaming business is there for the money. ;)

How much does creative control cost these days?