pantsumann

People only surviving 27 minutes or is it a bug?

Some weeks ago the average life expectancy was like 4 hours and 30 mins. Is it some bug or have people gotten sloppy? I think last time I logged in my character was said to be on his 22'th day. It isnt that hard to survive but man 27 minutes?

Tell me its a bug on the Dayz homepage.

I think it's people re-spawning for better starting positions. The coast is generally littered with corpses of people that still have all there starting gear IE they weren't killed by bandits.

Not a bug per se...just how the spawn system works. If so many people spawn in the same area...you will have PK campers just waiting for their next victim.

Noob players will stay close to the shoreline since twp relatively large cities are there.

Once they change this, things should get better.

I dont mind spawning on the coast, I just go due north into the woods and avoid cities on the coast. It's not hard, and random spawns would kind of throw off the "stranded in Chernarus" idea.

When I lose a "real" character, I tend to dick around on the coast playing Makarov Deathmatch 2012 for a while before starting out for a real survival adventure. So I have a 20 hour life, then 20 5-minute lives.

Lots of people only do the deathmatch part without ever figuring out that you CAN leave the coast, so it's really not surprising.

They might aswell give you the option to choose where you spawn from a list of possible towns. Saves me having to suicide 5+ times to spawn where i want.

Spawn campers probably don't help.

I just watched some half-wit sit and serial kill people spawning in Cherno.

Dying before you can even see the screen won't do much for your statistics.

Spawn campers probably don't help.

I just watched some half-wit sit and serial kill people spawning in Cherno.

Dying before you can even see the screen won't do much for your statistics.

It gets ridiculous when a bunch of russians decide to camp in the playerspawn at night with CZ550s and NVGs

They might aswell give you the option to choose where you spawn from a list of possible towns. Saves me having to suicide 5+ times to spawn where i want.

Agreed.

As long as its the current spawn points along the coast. We dont need 2000 deathmatchers flooding the airfield all day

I recall it's because they changed the way stat is calculated. Now it is actuall time spent in-game by alive characters or something like that, not the time from respawn till death as it was before.

(Today 01:52 AM)Borge Wrote: They might aswell give you the option to choose where you spawn from a list of possible towns. Saves me having to suicide 5+ times to spawn where i want.

Spawn system is fine as is. People are just lazy, and want to spawn outside the cities. Getting off the coast or making to the city is part of the challenge.

"They might aswell give you the option to choose where you spawn from a list of possible towns. Saves me having to suicide 5+ times to spawn where i want."

Spawn system is fine as is. People are just lazy' date=' and want to spawn outside the cities. Getting off the coast or making to the city is part of the challenge.

[/quote']

I have nothing to lose by respawning. I have 30-60 minutes to lose if i want to meet up with friends and stay with the spawn im given. I'll just keep hitting that respawn button until we either get to pick our spawn point, or there is a penalty for doing it.