trveblack

Global Ban On First Login (No cheats/no scripts/no hack)

First of all i am NOT asking anyone here to unban me, cause i know you cant. Only thing i need is some help or information on how to get rid of my problem.

The problem is: a(n ununderstandable) global ban (#cde8) (if I am in the wrong topic, pls correct me, but i didnt find a more-fitting one) (and yes i read the sticky)

I did already try to contact the battleye support, writing them a mail with my complaint. (They didn't answer yet/at all).

As it contains all necessary information, I will just post it here:

Dear Ladies/Gentlemen from Battleye support,

I have the following problem:

Some days ago i ordered the game (new unopened retail version) ARMA 2 Black Edition and ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead on "amazon.de".

Today when i received the package, I opened it and found the 2 games in their original package and it was clear to see that they had NOT been opened before. Then I installed both. As my actual aim was to be able to play the well-known "Day-Z" mode, I read the official guide from "dayzwiki" guide on how to properly install the mod. When i finished and tried to enter some servers, they wouldn't let me and the appearing message said something like "this and that file are not up to date", so i realized i had to update both ARMA 2 and the addon in order to join servers. After doing that i tried to enter a server again but i got following message: "Sie wurden aus dem Spiel entfernt: BattlEye global ban (#cde8)".

I did NEITHER download, NOR install, NOR use any software that in anyways could be seen as a form of "hack".

Not in this game and not in any game i played before. The only things i installed in order to be able to play "Day-Z" were:

Update for arma 2 v1.11

Update for arma 2 OA v1.60

Day-Z Mod

Six updater

Beta Patch for ARMA 2 OA

I hope you can provide me with at least some information about this ununderstandable ban.

But at least (if you are too stubborn to help me) tell me the date of this ban (before today?), so i can find out if "amazon.de" or someone else is responsible (by having abused the serial before selling the game to me).

My questions are now: which other possibilities do i have? is there a chance i can convince battleye of my innocence? what am i to do?

Just to repeat it: I did NOT hack/cheat/script, i got ban message on first try to connect on a MP server. I did NOT buy an already used version of the game, but a new one. and i'm not asking for an unban, but just for help and/or information.

Thx in advance, Black

send an email to the place you bought the game as well.

Black flag operation.

So can you play "regular" Arma online?

Odd, you know all the "hack/script" terminology despite never having played the game before... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Maybe Battleye hardware bans now guys :D

There are cheat engines with virus now. If you hacked before and got banned then bought this new copy and got banned again you may have been infected. Of course you will deny this if it is true or it is not true.

Odd, you know all the "hack/script" terminology despite never having played the game before... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Maybe Battleye hardware bans now guys :D

You need to play to understand terminology now? I don't even own ARMA 2 and I know what people are talking about..Must be a hacker.

• Like 1

My friend got a global ban today when we were playing Lingor Island for the first time. First we saw a lot of people getting kicked for some script thingy and then my friend got global ban. He did not use any hack or script or other thingamagic. >:(

it seems like i got unbanned by battleye. can now join regular servers. still cant believe my luck.

:thumbsup:

in case the problem returns, you will hear of me again, but i dont hope so ^_^

it seems like i got unbanned by battleye. can now join regular servers. still cant believe my luck.

:thumbsup:

in case the problem returns, you will hear of me again, but i dont hope so ^_^

Yeah looks like there was a few 'false positives' over night. You'll not be the last to post I'm sure.

tadaaaaaaaaaaa, problem is back and so am I.

ban is there again. same number #cde8.

was playing like for an hour on several servers, then while looting some old house, got kicked from server and this console sort of thing said: "My player ID" uses modified data files. blabla global ban #cde8.

i repeat i did NOT use other programs than the ones i listed in my first post (in the e-mail), to modify anything. could it be that a virus or something like that modified them? i am seriously mad now. i need a solution as soon as possible.

I won't start a new thread, but I ran into the same issue. Steam shows I have a total playtime of 153 minutes. The sad thing is it instantly puts a sour taste in my mouth for this battleye software. Now no matter how good other people purport it to be, I'll always assume it is some two-bit operation which I imagine if I did call (had they a phone number listed) would be answered by "Peggy". The website honestly looks too small and unprofessional for a product that effectively has control over millions of dollars worth of access rights for a globally distributed customer base.

Copy/paste of the email I sent to BattlEye below.

Greetings,

So, I've no idea why I was banned. A simple sequence of events follows:

1. Attempt to connect to multiple servers, as each game is taking forever to load.

2. One server finally loads, but is unbearably laggy. I disconnect.

3. I search around on various forums for a solution.

4. I restart my computer.

5. I decide to try to connect to another server, but am notified I have been globally banned.

Edited by markitzero

I was Globaly banned for no reassion, NEVER modded or used any script, don't even know how. I was killed by someone then got into a city, changed severs a few time then BOOM, banned. I LOVE that there trying to get rid of hackers, that's a 100 on the awsome scale, but now im scared that there banning honest player in the cross fire. I did send them an appeal, but have not heard back. Me and my friends want to play tonight so I think I might just want to buy another copy. :( I cry on the inside for the honest player casualties in this war on cheaters

Edited by RazorHardy

Few minutes ago i got global ban too. I went to some really fortified tent camp (about 500x sandbags, wires around the base) and in tents i could find any sort of high class weapons (SVD, M4A1 SD etc in HUGE amounts). I spotted some guy building new fances so i decided to kill him. He got 30 shots from M4A1 SD and didn't die. He turned arround and killed me :(. I disconnected from the server trying to get to my favorite server and start again but what i saw is that i got banned.

Now I know i were in some hackers camp. Although why they banned me? I'am waiting for thier response now (BattleEye support).

Edited by Pitex

I won't start a new thread, but I ran into the same issue. Steam shows I have a total playtime of 153 minutes. The sad thing is it instantly puts a sour taste in my mouth for this battleye software. Now no matter how good other people purport it to be, I'll always assume it is some two-bit operation which I imagine if I did call (had they a phone number listed) would be answered by "Peggy".

Don't mislead yourself into thinking people actually ascribe anything good to BattlEye. It's one of the worst cheat detection systems out there. Absolute piece of shit.

• Like 7

I was glad flabout global ban for hackers, but after reading these forms I can't help but question the intent of battleye. It seems the are just banning everyone everywhere to set an example. I think they have made there point and it's gone too far. Most players NOW that are being banned have nothing to do with cheating or even have the intent of cheating. They NEED to fix this before they loose half of there community.

Lol, you told a story, you are not allowed to send a story to them or they will ignore it.

Your email was also rather asinine. If you sent me an email like that and the fate of your game was in my hands, I would delete your email and ignore you. Calling them stubborn was probably a bad idea. While your ban was probably not legit due to the issues apparent with bans recently, I would recommend using a little tact when asking someone who has power over you to do something.

• Like 1

If you sent me an email like that and the fate of your game was in my hands, I would delete your email and ignore you.

Then, my good sir, you would be an ignorant person and my anger on you would be as big as my anger on battleye and their support.

Calling them stubborn was probably a bad idea.

btw you DO know what the word "if" means, dont you? (the one before "you are too stubborn" ;) )

I would recommend using a little tact when asking someone who has power over you to do something.

can you name any other untactful passage in my mail?

Lol, you told a story, you are not allowed to send a story to them or they will ignore it.

how can i describe the problem without telling a story?

if you could give me the prototype of a mail, they would not ignore, i would surely give it a try and send it to them.

Your email was also rather asinine. If you sent me an email like that and the fate of your game was in my hands, I would delete your email and ignore you. Calling them stubborn was probably a bad idea. While your ban was probably not legit due to the issues apparent with bans recently, I would recommend using a little tact when asking someone who has power over you to do something.

(Assuming this guy is legit) They hand out a ban to this guy for no reason and brick his 30 dollar game and you expect him to kiss their ass? Theyre lucky they havent fucking banned me because I would have BOMBED that place. If I were in charge of BattlEye, I would expect and welcome emails with a harsh tone if I fucked up so dearly as they.

Edited by Egor190

Global Bans in ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead [ 10.08.2012 • 13:45 ] line.gifWe're aware of the global banning issue and are investigating since yesterday. Appropriate action will be taken if a false-positive scenario is found. If that is indeed the case we're terribly sorry for it and will take measures to prevent this from happening in the future.

An update will be posted once more is known.

• Like 1