Publik

Lingor Island Chit Chat.

so the guy picked me up the a chopper and the flew around killing people it was great

Why post this here at Dayz forum?

You want people to play that instead of Dayz?

Your gaming data is needed to make Dayz grow.....play on the Dayz Hive and contribute to the game and community instead of that copy shit.

• Like 1

bcs people want more maps to play on because cherno over and over is getting boring.

From the first look i can tell it got me because its fucking fresh !! Im atm rly rly pissed of the few spots you can go, i mean the small villages nearly dont give you anything and here we got a new map with all houses enterable. Wounderful, i mean why not. I will give i a try next time i die, that means soon.

nice, installing now =D this is tight

oh and why not just have a separate hive for all the lingor servers?

this game needs a new map bad, why not incorporate this in officially?

Edited by DawnofCthulu

there can only be one dayz and this island is definetly NOT dayz.

its a dayz ripoff with palm trees yea that definetly better -.-

@DawnofCthulu because its a crap setting for a zombie mod, didn't bother to look further

after watching the teaser. nice map definetly, but not on dayz.

chernarus in winter

bring it on rocket :D

Edited by Azrail

You dont get it.....that is NOT Dayz.....

This IS DayZ!

There are the same zombies, same weapons, same graphics, same game, same mod, different map.

¬¬

dayz is designed around chernarus - not lingor. that is not dayz you're playing, not to mention that you're not even connected to the hive.

Best series I've found of Lingor

--------------------------------------------------

Edited by ISleepTheDayAway

So you really believe the final version will still be in chernarus map?

As the topic says, I have heard about this, and checked the wiki, but i don't understand. Is Rocket against the idea of it as the wiki says? Personally i would love a new map. I like Chernarus, but a tropical type environment sounds pretty cool and refreshing.

What do you guys think about it?

Sorry if a topic like this has already been asked, i didn't use the search :P

Note: The use of private servers is against the wishes of Rocket and the DayZ dev team.

Note: Servers that run Lingor Island use their own hive server, so data does not transfer to official Chernarus servers. These servers are also not supported or encouraged by the DayZ dev team.

is what the wiki says. -but lingor is really a great map, i think it should be a choice also for regular dayz.

Edited by Tatakt

I actually think it would be nice if they could add Lingor to the existing map to give us another place to discover.

dayz is designed around chernarus - not lingor. that is not dayz you're playing, not to mention that you're not even connected to the hive.

He downloaded the Mod "DayZ".

And he downloaded the "Map".

This is dayz

Note: The use of private servers is against the wishes of Rocket and the DayZ dev team.

Note: Servers that run Lingor Island use their own hive server, so data does not transfer to official Chernarus servers. These servers are also not supported or encouraged by the DayZ dev team.

is what the wiki says. -but lingor is really a great map, i think it should be a choice also for regular dayz.

I actually think it would be nice if they could add Lingor to the existing map to give us another place to discover.

I have the wiki open in another tab haha. I just don't see why Rocket wouldn't like it except for it not being his map and mod. If they added it though, I think everybody would play it being a new map to explore.

Because game is in alpha, not beta.

Maps like skins are not important as getting the core gameplay working.

Edited by Cheekything
  • Like 1

Because game is in alpha, not beta.

Maps like skins are not important as getting the core gameplay working.

I understand this, I didn't mean right away, I meant once it was an option for it to be added in. Right now I want fixes for the small bugs and exploits more than anything lol!

And cragzeek, I'm downloading it right now B)