Sign in to follow this  
Oddball_E8

Heres a suggested addon to the "bannable offenses" list

How about adding the posibility for admins to ban or at least kick someone for refusing to use the language of the server in chat?

Im asking this because a whole lot of russian is being spammed in chat on the english servers.

Now, normally this would only be a slight (or huge) nuisance, but i recently heard from a friend of mine that someone had been spamming pretty racist/hateful stuff about me after i killed him, in russian, on the chat.

Now, i didnt know this (and subsequently didnt suffer from it much, except i knew he was saying something about me in russian) but after i found out it felt pretty shitty that this guy was getting away with some pretty heavy stuff just because it wasnt in english.

I mean, should i be able to insult people as much as i want, including racial slurs, as long as i keep it in swedish?

Because thats how it seems to me right now.

Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

Rules are for the most part language neutral, so it's already possible to have this person booted out of the server. Ultimately it's up to whoever has the power on that server to take action.

A lot of this kind of stuff will go away with the next ARMA patch as global chat will be done away with. From then on, you won't know when people are slagging you off.

Right, well thats good news :D

so it will only be direct chat then? what range is that?

"I mean, should i be able to insult people as much as i want, including racial slurs, as long as i keep it in swedish?"

Yes.

"I mean' date=' should i be able to insult people as much as i want, including racial slurs, as long as i keep it in swedish?"

Yes.

[/quote']

Cool, ill start doing that then...

"I mean' date=' should i be able to insult people as much as i want, including racial slurs, as long as i keep it in swedish?"

Yes.

[/quote']

Um, no. Keep your childish insults/racism away from my eyes. I don't care what language they're in.

Yes.

[/quote']

Um, no. Keep your childish insults/racism away from my eyes. I don't care what language they're in.

But thats the point im trying to get across...

Racism and Malicious speech in chat are the only two bannable offenses in this mod.

But you can get away with it as long as you do it in another language than what the server admin speaks.

Thats one of the reasons why im against russians (honestly, ive only seen norwegian on a norwegian server and swedish on a swedish server as the only other non-english languages in chat) coming on english speaking servers and spamming the chat with cyrillic.

Anyone that doesnt read russian has no clue what theyre saying and they could (and have, apparantly) get away with bannable offenses.

In my opinion the server language should be the mother language of the server (i.e. DE5 = german) + english on every server