Revilo

Why nobody will be buying Day Z standalone

Shutp and take my money!

I loled :P

Btw, is it me or does the forum seem slow now?

Edited by Luka25

honestly i thought this was going to include a genuine logical reason, like, why would you buy the stand alone when the mod is still being developed. i think it would be nice to do it out of generosity ofc, but i guess if enough ppl switch it could cleave the community in half. meh.

i did lol at pic though have kudos or beans... not both ! :)

Decisions have to be made, the game has to move forward even if that means early adopters will have to pay a price.

You know what.. I actually agree to the OP's statement. If Rocket's goal for DayZ the game is to be like the promotional poster, I will not buy it. There is a free ArmA 2 mod with all that stuff in already. Buying it when there is a free mod would just be stupid. If all you want is to support Rocket, just send in a ticket and ask for donation details.

Edited by Vitdom

You know what.. I actually agree to the OP's statement. If Rocket's goal for DayZ the game is to be like the promotional poster, I will not buy it. There is a free ArmA 2 mod with all that stuff in already. Buying it when there is a free mod would just be stupid. If all you want is to support Rocket, just send in a ticket and ask for donation details.

Except this free mod is filled with hackers, bugs, disappearing loot and crashing servers.

• Like 1

2z5khnd.jpg

tsk tsk rocket

• This is northern russia, not brasil, were you expecting forests?
  • Clouds tend to vary in height and darkness, you can have black clouds next to blue sky, doesn't mean it's half night half day...
  • Zombies normally travel via the Zombie 'walk' it's not that they're not aggroed, they probably start running or 'dancing' towards you when you get closer...
  • Cars need this thing called fuel, without they'd be stranded on the roadside, kind of exactly like that ^ in post apocalyptic environments they'd be looted within days
  • Roads tend to be straight, if you call that linear gameplay, start running on grass...
  • Guns and backpacks are designed from the same model irl, using a different one in game for each would be pointless and waste time, they still look realistic...
  • Logo's aren't meant to be changed... if they were they'd just be names in different fonts, go and complain at mcdonalds that the logo is the same on every burger...
  • If you're honestly being this critical it's obvious you don't enjoy playing this game, go away.

• This is northern russia, not brasil, were you expecting forests?
  • Clouds tend to vary in height and darkness, you can have black clouds next to blue sky, doesn't mean it's half night half day...
  • Zombies normally travel via the Zombie 'walk' it's not that they're not aggroed, they probably start running or 'dancing' towards you when you get closer...
  • Cars need this thing called fuel, without they'd be stranded on the roadside, kind of exactly like that ^ in post apocalyptic environments they'd be looted within days
  • Roads tend to be straight, if you call that linear gameplay, start running on grass...
  • Guns and backpacks are designed from the same model irl, using a different one in game for each would be pointless and waste time, they still look realistic...
  • Logo's aren't meant to be changed... if they were they'd just be names in different fonts, go and complain at mcdonalds that the logo is the same on every burger...
  • If you're honestly being this critical it's obvious you don't enjoy playing this game, go away.

Were you making the face in your forum DP when you wrote this?

"0/10 would NOT buys"... so everybody will buy it, am i right? :D

Except this free mod is filled with hackers, bugs, disappearing loot and crashing servers.

And you think a non-free game will be free of hackers, bugs, disappearing loot and crashing servers? What are you, stupid?

Like, I am being 100% sincere right now, did you really believe that?! :facepalm:

Edited by Vitdom

Lmao!

My favourite was the guy that actually quoted each point that was made in the OP.. until then I figured people just weren't reading the actual text in the pic.

Wow, some of you people are pretty dumb.. but the funny thing is, only the ones who aren't dumb will understand why I said that..

;)

• Like 3

Ofc. thats screenshoot from DayZ we playing right now. How you even want to get a screen from game that is started to be developed. Anyway, I will buy that. God, why that trolls even exists ;c

You know this game being developed by Rocket and part of BI, your basically going to be buying ArmA for a second time... To play the mod you all bought the original ArmA II to actually play the DayZ mod right?

Blind fanbois are blind.

So what option do you suggest that is profitable for them? I mean they need to eat and they are a business so saying they should make DayZ standalone for free is pretty much something they can't do.

DayZ is a mod, not a full game so Im not sure I follow what the alternative to having a standalone is. Jut keep using this buggy unstable mod? Or make it stable and bug free without charging anything more than the base price for an outdated game.

Iron Front is a standalone game based off the BI ARMA engine but it makes more sense to focus on that type of game and make the changes there than play a buggy player made version.

And you think a non-free game will be free of hackers, bugs, disappearing loot and crashing servers? What are you, stupid?

Like, I am being 100% sincere right now, did you really believe that?! :facepalm:

I am stupid? What a lovely irony.

Okay hackers. Most of it comes from how arma2 handles multiplayer and commands and the anti-cheat is pretty bad. If you make a new game you make a better netcode so things can't be done cliendside as they are right now and you get better anticheat while you're at it.

Bugs. Which game is gonna have more bugs. A mod made by few people on an engine that doesn't fully support things that are being put into the mod without being able to modify it or a game developed by a team with an engine made to work with everything?

Disappearing loot is again fault of the netcode. New game - new netcode, made to again support the things you're trying to do in the game.

And when the game doesn't have bugs, the netcode is good the servers won't crash this much.

And ofc it's not gonna be like that from day one but all this is going to be possible on new engine and netcode, something you can't change in arma2 and thus can't fix these.

tl;dr you don't know what you're talking about.

Were you making the face in your forum DP when you wrote this?

He had to have been. Normally, I'd say no one is THAT stupid, but a lot of people in this thread are determined to prove me wrong.

OP - Good shit, gave me a few giggles.

Hey guys, what is mocap?

Mocap - Short hand for "More caps." See reference picture.

250px-Towering_Pillar_of_Hats.png

Edited by Voxgizer