Fireworks

I support hackers! Yes, please go hack!

I take it you play on US servers?

There you have it.

I'm of the impression that the average skill level in the U.S. (on the U.S. servers) is way lower than f.e. EU or RU. Therefor more of that script-kiddy brats exist and therefor hacking is way more often seen.

Except for one time when I was killed by a teleport hacker on 1 server I never played before and never played thereafter, I still have to see Thunderdome or anything else that looks like a hack.

You are clearly Fucking stupied it doesnt matter where you live that determine your skill level i live in the US and i dont completely suck and i know that im better then some of the players on the EU servers

You are clearly Fucking stupied it doesnt matter where you live that determine your skill level i live in the US and i dont completely suck and i know that im better then some of the players on the EU servers

Quod erat demonstrandum.

Possible hacker-kiddy #1.

Thanks for proving a point.

i laugh in the face of everyone who gets their panties in a twist over this i really do

The one thing I cannot handle is when I spend hours collecting loot, or having an intense battle against another group of players, and some douche hits a button and sinks the entire server.

this is my problem with it. it makes me want to hack weapons into the game so that my hours spent arent wasted by the click of someone who died in the process of trying to snipe a new-spawn in elektro..

.... we'll see what happens.. either way, i have confidence that the standalone (and by confidence i mean high hopes) will be much better.

its unfortunate that i easily get sucked into games, and this makes me upset that i cant help but to keep playing a game that is broken (yeah its broken because its not working as intended so long as people keep thunderdome, teleport, or one click mass kill)....

I hate repeating myself... BI/BE have to deal with it, why do people harrass Rocket and the DayZ team when it has to be fixed by BI/BE and those are the once who decide on a "official statement."

That said, if you go read Rockets posts regarding it, copy+paste them all into 1 big post, and you got your statement from what only he can do.

He is also limited by what he can talk about regarding what BI do.

Hey Mr. Fireworks.

I can understand your frustration about the hacking problem but first of all there will always be hackers, fucking always. No matter how big the game is like BF3 for example. The problem on Arma is that it is a modfriendly game. And modfriendly games are most often easier to hack. Therefor you just have to deal with it, everybody does. This is still Alpha, and you don´t come up with a solution about the hackingproblem in this short timespan! Anticheat is always miles behind the cheaters, because nobody, not even companys support it enough. I played so many games they all were protected, from VAC, ESL WIRE - even there people managed to run hacks -, Punkbuster. These are big anticheattitles but as useless as shit.

If fucking hackers want to hack, they simply do. That you are writing that huge topic with that stupid Headline, i don´t know man, i can not say i like your strange way of adressing it to the developers.

I appreciate the points you bring up, but you could probably do without the rude comments. Regardless, I don't think the fact that there are hackers in every game invalidates attempts to prevent it. Of course hacking is rampant in many games, but some prevention is executed better than others and the easier it is for someone to hack, the more likely it will occur. If all options have really been considered for prevention (including using something besides BattlEye), then I suppose we'll have to live with it until the standalone, but I just want to make sure that all options are being considered at this point.

Justifying that it's okay for hackers to be everywhere because companies never do enough isn't really an excuse either. That's why the PC gaming industry is struggling so much right now. Most of the time, however, it's just because the company does not care. For example, Call of Duty can never be as successful as on the Xbox because both companies couldn't care less about policing their ported console games on the PC. Anti-cheat will always be a step behind hacking, but if enough effort is put into the prevention, then it's just one really small step behind, and hacking would never become so rampant. That is what separates game developers who care about hacking prevention, and those do not.

And again, not saying that something more should be done to try and prevent it with the mod. If it really is impossible to prevent in it's current state, then that's fine, I'll trust that. But I just want to make sure all options are looked at, and that the community is aware of what's going on. I wish Rocket took donations, because if that would help in anti-hacking in any way, I'd donate in a heartbeat.

Quod erat demonstrandum.

Possible hacker-kiddy #1.

Thanks for proving a point.

how does this make me a possible hacker because i say i live in the US?