Ahniolator

Fix for Graphics Glitches in 1.7.2.4

Thanks for this, game was unplayable. Glitches got me killed I don't know how many times.

Only problem though is that SixUpdater updates the files everytime I launch it. Read-Only doesn't solve it, just have to start SixLauncher, verify, let it update, then overwrite them.

so annoying that such a game breaking bug (alpha or no) has been left untouched for so long. I hope that soloution works

bro.....u are the boss u know what....PLS DONT POST A FUCKING LINK WHICH FIXES THE PROBLEM OK ! it makes the devs very angry....my beans for u

I tried using the 1.7.2.3 anim files afew days ago and it did bugger all.

Just to clarify, are you saying using 1.7.0.3?

(dont remember which ones were 0.3)

I've been making backups since 1.7.1

Someone PM me the link please

Edited by b1ghas

Thats strange i just tried that and i did not work for me. It seems like i have tried all/most of the fixes i've seen on the forums, but none just dont seem to work for me.

Try this instead, it'll work for just about anybody, although it is a bit of a pain.

1. Move to where the corruption is visible.

2. Logout of server.

3. Exit game.

4. Start game

5. Log back in.

I've found that if I start the game where I would normally see corruption... I don't see corruption. :)

Tried replacing the animation files as stated, sadly did bugger all for me, games still unplayable. Dam they seem to have been activly making this game worse over the past few months.

• Like 1

I find it slightly amusing how the community has to fix things that should have been fixed by the developers day1 when it was reported..

Anyway i also did this a few days back already and it works. Someone also found it on this forum so i didnt bother posting it.

I think it's great and exactly what alpha testing is for and why we can have a greatly involved mod community.

OP I hope you can share this with us soon. Flushing works ok for me (still not really a solution) but I have friends who are plagued badly by this.

Originally thought it fixed the problem for me (using v0.3 anim files), however it didn't. Still heavy corruption, almost always seems to happen to me near the Hospital with the Barracks in Cherno

One, it's posted in a few other posts in this thread. Two, just google DayZ anims v0.3. But it doesn't fix the problem anyway, so it doesn't matter much.

I'm giving up on playing for right now as it's unbearable. I've been playing for roughly a week, I've gotten great gear built up FOUR times now, and then this happens and while I'm trying to run to find a good place to disconnect, I get knocked out by a zombie, or I break a leg, or get shot by a fellow survivor because I can't see a damn thing. Pretty frustrating.

To the people posting and pm'ing me about sending them the link:

Asking me to send the link in a pm is essentially the same as asking me to repost the link in this thread, which is what I was told NOT to do by the forum mods because the files were included in a .zip file. I will go over the process that I used to fix the artifacting and try to figure out exactly what I did, and post the instructions instead of the link as the dev team seems to be very busy at this time.

And just a note - I did not just use the anims v0.4 when I fixed the artifacting. Once I figure out exactly how I did it (too excited about fixing it at the time to remember exactly what I did) I'll post instructions here with links to the official mirrors so there is no question about the validity of the source.

Thanks for all the patience, if I get a response from the devs before I figure out what I did I will repost the link instead.

Good hunting,

Ahni

Glitches worse than ever for me. Used to be able to disable vsync with decent results. No more though. Why doesnt a fix get released? i think they are purposefully trying to drive players away. Ease some of the pressure

• Like 1

Glitches worse than ever for me. Used to be able to disable vsync with decent results. No more though. Why doesnt a fix get released? i think they are purposefully trying to drive players away. Ease some of the pressure

I really have no idea. This isn't even like a little bug you can work around, its a major flaw to the game causing it to be unplayable for some people.

Edited by witalit

I didn't get the glitch at all today myself while playing. I did however just switch over to a stronger graphics card with 2gbs instead of the 1 I had before...

So if this rar file is working as a fix, Why did the mods remove it rather than leave it up so people can fix their game? If the dev's arent going to fix this bug until the next patch, Let a player do it and distribute it, Test if it works, and if it does, Let him re-upload it.

Have you tried the following: (Worked for me)

Edit your profile file and change sceneComplexity to sceneComplexity=1000000 (By default its at 300000 i believe)

Edit maxframes & detected frames in the Amra OA profile =1 (By default they are at 1000 + 1 i believe)

Edit your profile file and change sceneComplexity to sceneComplexity=1000000 (By default its at 300000 i believe)

Edit maxframes & detected frames in the Amra OA profile =1 (By default they are at 1000 + 1 i believe)

Thanks..but I'll just wait for the patch

Oh, I did the maxframes thing too. Maybe that could've helped a bit? I did it to try and increase my FPS though it didn't seem to do much.

Tried this, and the glicthes are gone. And so is my main weapon and my ghille. Tried to put camo on and ended up in the ocean :) Now, what poison to choose, so many decisions. Glicthes and ghillies, or no glitches and civ clothes, hehe.

Edit: Now the glicthes are back too. Maybe im doing something wrong lol ^^

Edited by Kurukururin