[sot]sqwurl

2 guys on virginia 20 shooting people in the loading area

so yeah read title. was with my friend on NY 6 when the server crashed. joined virginia 20 and was killed while loading. i asked my friend (he was in already) if he heard shots and he said no. so i respawn and get stuck in the loading area off the map and see 2 bandits with ak's shooting people trying to load. one was Kayne btw.

It's crap like this that is making me loose my taste for this mod. I get that player killing is part of the game, but comon, this isnt CoD.

So you understand that killing is apart of the game yet you complain about someone killing you??? I R Confuzzled.

So you understand that killing is apart of the game yet you complain about someone killing you??? I R Confuzzled.

They expect an alpha to function perfectly and work all the time, it's getting annoying.

This ISN'T cod, but it IS arma, which... you know is also a shooter game. So it being a mod based on arma in alpha, yes there may be crap that drives you insane. stuff that isn't meant to be a certain way. So stop playing if you want, but you'll be missing out, and I think you know you will be.

lol, he complains about the way he was killed. Being killed WHILE loading certainly shouldn't be a part of the game.

They expect an alpha to function perfectly and work all the time' date=' it's getting annoying.

[/quote']

So what you are saying is because it's only been around for 2ish months that it isn't going to be flawless with no bugs at all???

Lies and deceptions, this better work perfectly dammit or I'm going to quit!!!! QQ QQ QQ QQ

So what you are saying is because it's only been around for 2ish months that it isn't going to be flawless with no bugs at all???

Lies and deceptions' date=' this better work perfectly dammit or I'm going to quit!!!! QQ QQ QQ QQ

[/quote']Indeed.

They expect an alpha to function perfectly and work all the time' date=' it's getting annoying.

[/quote']

Lies and deceptions, this better work perfectly dammit or I'm going to quit!!!! QQ QQ QQ QQ

You forgot two other Q's. Thought I would let you know. ;)

Pretty sure he's talking about a debug forest death, which is actually pretty shitty.

No worries, it's a known issue. Alpha is alpha.

sanctamonius know it alls rattling around these forums by the dozen.

camping a known spawn point is certainly an exploit of the game mechanics, anyone doing it should get a warning in my view. the guy is perfectly within his rights to raise the issue forum nazis.

and player killing is part of the game - as a means of survival. these guys are just being arseholes.

I like how OP is in trouble. He can't respawn because getting killed by scum. And you all are like "So what fcker? This is alpha huehue!!! Because this is alpha them bandits have all the right to kill you at loading stage!!!11 Let's talk about CoD instead!!!"

I like how OP is in trouble. He can't respawn because getting killed by scum. And you all are like "So what fcker? This is alpha huehue!!! Because this is alpha them bandits have all the right to kill you and loading stage!!!11 Let's talk about CoD instead!!!"

Pretty much this, although I expected as much from Nya.

I like how OP is in trouble. He can't respawn because getting killed by scum. And you all are like "So what fcker? This is alpha huehue!!! Because this is alpha them bandits have all the right to kill you and loading stage!!!11 Let's talk about CoD instead!!!"

Clearly a delusional way of warping the intent of what we are saying' date=' well at least what I am saying; I can't speak for others.

It's an alpha which is one of the earliest stages in development there is, people should be thankful that the game actually functions let alone it being a public and open alpha. If anything by sheer functionality alone I would consider this game a beta just from how well it runs and works the majority of the time. Stupid things like what the OP is experiencing are going to happen and the problems are widely known by the community and the developers.

There is nothing we can do for him and this same topic has arose countless times. If something like this happens just report the bug and move on. Redundancy is to be expected but people need to start using common sense and ask themselves things such as "If I make a topic on this will it serve any point?" or "Will people even be able to help me?".

If it doesn't serve any point and you know it has already been reported then don't post, if the situation has already taken place and you know no one can help you then don't post. I understand there are a lot of people new to this entire process but for a lot of things common sense should be kicking in and it's apparently not.

Oh yes, clearly I am a fan of Call of Duty...

well let me be more clear. im assuming that when you aren't a fresh character, you get put into this little area off the map (still accessible if you run off the map). it's not the debug forest, it's an open field. sometimes you get bugged and spawn there anyways when you are a fresh character. you spawn with nothing and the rumor is you run east to get out, etc.

well i guess someone can just run off the map to that area and just sit there and shoot people loading. this is not on the beach. this is before your character gets placed on the playable map. one of the times i respawned i was placed there and got bugged in the situation i described earlier. i turned around and saw several people standing there, which i'm assuming were loading in, and 2 bandits with ak's shooting everyone in front of them.

and for those with high and mighty attitudes about me dying from players. yes, i know it happens. yes, i have been killed only by players. yes, that is part of the game and it's fine, it's one of the parts i love about it. but being killed in a spot before you are even placed on the playable map by trololol 12 year olds needs to be fixed.

Clearly a delusional way of warping the intent of what we are saying' date=' well at least what I am saying; I can't speak for others.

It's an alpha which is one of the earliest stages in development there is, people should be thankful that the game actually functions let alone it being a public and open alpha. If anything by sheer functionality alone I would consider this game a beta just from how well it runs and works the majority of the time. Stupid things like what the OP is experiencing are going to happen and the problems are widely known by the community and the developers.

There is nothing we can do for him and this same topic has arose countless times. If something like this happens just report the bug and move on. Redundancy is to be expected but people need to start using common sense and ask themselves things such as "If I make a topic on this will it serve any point?" or "Will people even be able to help me?".

If it doesn't serve any point and you know it has already been reported then don't post, if the situation has already taken place and you know no one can help you then don't post. I understand there are a lot of people new to this entire process but for a lot of things common sense should be kicking in and it's apparently not.

Oh yes, clearly I am a fan of Call of Duty...

ok, so how exactly did your posts help and what point did they serve?

ok' date=' so how exactly did your posts help and what point did they serve?

[/quote']They brought wisdom and knowledge to the lack thereof.

The first page of this thread is full of morons. Alpha or not, this issue is game breaking. The players should be banned and the issue needs resolved. /thread

I think the only big thing about this is, yes there are people that will try to ruin someones experience right from the get go. But at the same time that is why spawns are usually random.

I do find it disappointing that people do this just to grief but in the end karma will bite them in the ass and they will get shot back.

I would just not take what people say to heart. This game/mod has it's moments and don't let a couple of idiots take away your fun. When I play with a group of friends we have a rule that if we see anyone we shoot them. Because we are communicating through different means and not over the games chat. So we don't take the time to call out friendlies that are not chatting with us. My point is, if we saw people spawn we would shoot on sight, no questions asked, and of course, take your beans.

photo2.jpg

Yeah I spawned and was able to loot other people and their corpses a few days ago in the debug plains, but I didn't bother trying since I thought it would just disappear anyways (unsaved data and all that, idk). Anyways, the problem is there's a huge mob of people (the picture above is only a 1/4 of the mob surrounding me) that you can do what ever you want to, and they can't fight back at all. Super window shopping lol. Hopefully this gets fixed in the next patch.

The first page of this thread is full of morons. Alpha or not' date=' this issue is game breaking. The players should be banned and the issue needs resolved. /thread

[/quote']Sorry but you don't get to dictate when a thread ends, calling for people to be banned when exploiting the game during a development stage is ridiculous. Hell it's even ridiculous in a retail game, an exploit is something broken in the game which needs to be fixed and calling for bans is ludicrous.

If anything these people doing these things which are shady in your eyes are actually contributing more to the game development than a person like yourself. They are taking advantage of every broken thing in the game they can and as a result it gets reported and patched out.

Myself and many others are getting sick of all the god damn ignorance around here, if you don't know what you are talking about it's best to not talk at all.

I actually had the problem 2 days ago being stuck in debug zone. I had no ways to get out and no idea what happend if i fired at the players.

I shot about 2 of them just to see.

This is not a exploite but a bug, none wants to end up in that place.

I just hope they fix it. Every server I joined and i spawned in a debug zone so i had to kill my first 5 day character.

The first page of this thread is full of morons. Alpha or not' date=' this issue is game breaking. The players should be banned and the issue needs resolved. /thread

[/quote']Sorry but you don't get to dictate when a thread ends, calling for people to be banned when exploiting the game during a development stage is ridiculous. Hell it's even ridiculous in a retail game, an exploit is something broken in the game which needs to be fixed and calling for bans is ludicrous.

If anything these people doing these things which are shady in your eyes are actually contributing more to the game development than a person like yourself. They are taking advantage of every broken thing in the game they can and as a result it gets reported and patched out.

Myself and many others are getting sick of all the god damn ignorance around here, if you don't know what you are talking about it's best to not talk at all.

Even in an Alpha exploiting the game in this fashion is unacceptable.

Tell me this. Do you think Vehicle Spawn and Weapon Spawn hackers should be Banned? And do you think rocket is wrong for the bans he has allready placed for them? Because I don't see how these guys are any different. They're using a hole in the game to give themselves a massive advantage(Which is clearly against the conduct rules that the development team has put in place). Not only that but their intentionally causing inevitable loss for all of the people who they are killing.

There is a huge difference between testing a game for exploits and then actively using those exploits. If they reported the exploit when they found it, and it's in the process of being fixed, then I say fuck it. Let them have fun with the hole they found and helped patch. If they're milking this for all they can though, I say fuck them. They're making more work for the development team, and just pissing people off.

Saying that people who use exploits deserve praise since they progress bug fixes is an ignorant way to justify cheating. And yes, it does deserve a ban. Had the people using this exploit simply done it one time and reported it, that would have been incredible. Instead they murdered everybody in attempt to grief players and take their beans. It's unjustifiable regardless of the games state.